Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bodybuilding Debate, Broscience Vs Hard Science

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

not into bb but i am a bit shocked that people are saying he's small therefore clueless??

a sick doctor is still a doctor just because he is not huge doesn't mean he is clueless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

not into bb but i am a bit shocked that people are saying he's small therefore clueless??

a sick doctor is still a doctor just because he is not huge doesn't mean he is clueless

People call his small, skinny and a dick because they don't like someone that tells the truth.

You can't judge someones content based on what they look like or how they come across, only a retard would use that as an excuse to not watch or listen to what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

People call his small, skinny and a dick because they don't like someone that tells the truth.

You can't judge someones content based on what they look like or how they come across, only a retard would use that as an excuse to not watch or listen to what he says.

That is not what people are doing here.

I have limited time to access resources on subjects that interest me.

An annoying 19 year old, 40kg internet warrior from the states who got some hits on his youtube page has not peaked my attention span long enough for me to give a sh1t - regardless of the veracity of his knowledge.
    If you want to teach people - learn how to teach.
    Anyone can sit there smugly and spout information. That is not teaching.
    Having knowledge is one thing - knowing how to impart it without being a dick is quite another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Zamboni wrote: »
    That is not what people are doing here.

I have limited time to access resources on subjects that interest me.

An annoying 19 year old, 40kg internet warrior from the states who got some hits on his youtube page has not peaked my attention span long enough for me to give a sh1t - regardless of the veracity of his knowledge.
    If you want to teach people - learn how to teach.
    Anyone can sit there smugly and spout information. That is not teaching.
    Having knowledge is one thing - knowing how to impart it without being a dick is quite another.

Yes it is what you are doing.

You only watched 8 minutes of a 50:00 minute video for Christ sake!

Maybe you would of learned something if you watched more than 8 minutes.

Then you go on to spout some bull**** about him weighing only 40kg, I mean what has that got to do with anything?

Lyle McDonald is known as one of the biggest dicks in the fitness industry but is widely known as one of the most knowledgeable, his books and website have some of the best info going so who cares if he's a dick or a Saint? All that matters is the content provided and the content provided by Ian is generally spot on.

Yes it is what you are doing.

You only watched 8 minutes of a 50:00 minute video for Christ sake!

Maybe you would of learned something if you watched more than 8 minutes.

Then you go on to spout some bull**** about him weighing only 40kg, I mean what has that got to do with anything?

Lyle McDonald is known as one of the biggest dicks in the fitness industry but is widely known as one of the most knowledgeable, his books and website have some of the best info going so who cares if he's a dick or a Saint? All that matters is the content provided and the content provided by Ian is generally spot on.

I don't learn from 50 minute internetz videos.
    I learn from science and experimentation and from people who have produced actual and consistent results.
    I don't care if you rate this kid or not.
    It doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

People call him small, skinny and a dick because they don't like someone that tells the truth.

Nope people call him small, skinny and a dick because he is all of those.

Of course you can judge someones content based on their mannerisms. Would you take health advice from your doctor if they were an obese, angry, chain smoker? I know I wouldn't. Would you let someone who has never flown a helicopter, but has studied aeronautics, teach you how to pilot a helicopter?

I've never seen that eejit Jose Mourinho score any good goals, dunno why anyone listen to him or how he can get a football team to play well.

I've never seen that eejit Jose Mourinho score any good goals, dunno why anyone listen to him or how he can get a football team to play well.

You've probably never seen a 19 year old with a youtube channel manage several UEFA Champions League level soccer clubs in real life either.

Zamboni wrote: »
    You've probably never seen a 19 year old with a youtube channel manage several UEFA Champions League level soccer clubs either.

Takes too long to get the badges, he's probably have to be at least 22.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

because he doesn't make a team play well, thats up to the players. he picks a team and sets tactics and players listen to him because he's done it and been successful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

I watched a few mins of their bodybuilding debate, and I agree with that huge bodybuilder lad over the annoying skinny nerd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I've had a number of lecturers over the years, some had qualifications but never worked in the field, others had qualifications and real work experience. Those with the hands on experience always knew the subject inside out and had more respect from the students. Anyone can read a book and repeat the information, I'd always listen to someone who has walked the walk first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

there is no way on earth i'd be taking advice from someone in any field ,
    who has not done that they are are talking about , and also look and behave like they have done it .

its like the fat chick instructors in the gym giving you grief over something you are doing ( properly ) ,
    while some noob is shattering their spine beside you .

Advertisement