Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game of Thrones Exhibition Belfast 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Seems to be quite similar to last year. Went myself last year, while I enjoyed it, I dont think there is enough new attractions to warrant going again. Maybe next year. I just hope they improve the merch selection this year, last year was so poor in that aspect!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

When are tickets out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Id definitely have a few other things planned for the day Because you won't be in there for even 30-40 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

'Ascend the Wall' anyone : http://gizmodo.com/the-oculus-rift-put-me-in-game-of-thrones-and-it-made-m-1510809083?

This would make me very keen to see the exhibition.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone know can you get the tickets yet ? and if so where : )

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Seems to be quite similar to last year. Went myself last year, while I enjoyed it, I dont think there is enough new attractions to warrant going again. Maybe next year. I just hope they improve the merch selection this year, last year was so poor in that aspect!

Yes I agree. While the items in the exhibition were well worth seeing and obviously sitting on the Iron Throne was great, overall it was disappointing how little there was and the merchandise was appallingly lacking.

They missed a serious opportunity to make money both on professional photos of you sitting on the Iron Throne and on the merchandise.

I also felt the Iron Throne wasnt very well lit for photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Yes I agree. While the items in the exhibition were well worth seeing and obviously sitting on the Iron Throne was great, overall it was disappointing how little there was and the merchandise was appallingly lacking.

They missed a serious opportunity to make money both on professional photos of you sitting on the Iron Throne and on the merchandise.

I think it was in order to make the person sitting on the Throne look extra menacing? :P Failed with me though, huge grin of delight on me

944131_10151451651031640_446917619_n.jpg

Maybe I just have a crappy camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That throne looks like plastic and tinfoil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

The throne cut me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

The displays were interesting.. But you only needed about 15 mins really. As said above it was shocking how little and poor the merchandise was. Cups, bookmarks, bottle openers and t shirts was all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Son0vagun wrote: »
    The throne cut me!
    You're not fit for rule so :P

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I was at the earlier exhibition in NYC and it was very much a TV show prop exhibit.....no merchandise at all. Which I was pleasantly surprised at.

The Iron Throne was well lit with pro photographer ready to take your pic:
    8619001719_841c58f0a8.jpgThe Iron Throne by tearbringer, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

How much doses it cost ? and do u need to book a ticket in advance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

is it worth it? considering the trip from Cork, but must be really worth it haha looooong drive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

celica00 wrote: »
    is it worth it? considering the trip from Cork, but must be really worth it haha looooong drive

It's not worth a 4 hour drive imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Is that the actual Iron Throne from the show? Looks crap.

snausages wrote: »
    Is that the actual Iron Throne from the show? Looks crap.

Its a plastic replica. I dont know what the show one is really made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

It's not worth a 4 hour drive imo.

I almost thought so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭snausages

Looking at art of the 'real' iron throne it seems like the kind of thing that'd leave your arse in tatters should you ever try to sit on it.

h-REAL-IRON-THRONE-400x500.jpg?10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

snausages wrote: »
    Looking at art of the 'real' iron throne it seems like the kind of thing that'd leave your arse in tatters should you ever try to sit on it.

h-REAL-IRON-THRONE-400x500.jpg?10

Wasn't that the point(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yep:

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Aerys_II_Targaryen
    After repeatedly cutting himself on the Iron Throne he developed a phobia of blades, and forbade any sharp implements in his presence other than the swords of his Kingsguard, refusing even to trim his nails or hair. His fingernails grew to cracked yellow claws nine inches long; His beard was matted and unwashed, and his silver-gold hair hung down to his waist in wild tangles. His arms and legs were always covered with scabs and half-healed cuts from the Iron Throne. He wore the elaborate dragon-emblazoned crown of Aegon IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Game of Thrones Exhibition:
    Ticket Update
    Waterfront Hall Belfast 11 – 15 June.
    Apply for free tickets at waterfront.co.uk from May 8th 9.00am.
    A ticket guarantees entry to the exhibition. There may also be queuing walk up availability for non ticket holders, which is to be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Been online for 12 minutes now on a holding page that is not moving saying I am in the queue, worse system than bleedin ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭s8n

Been online for 12 minutes now on a holding page that is not moving saying I am in the queue, worse system than bleedin ticketmaster.

just like last year - its a joke

Anyone gets spares for Sunday 2pm-4pm first in line, only need 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

I wanted 2 for friday or 2 for sat morning early but have been in this web queue since 9am.
    Was looking forward to this for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

jamesd wrote: »
    I wanted 2 for friday or 2 for sat morning early but have been in this web queue since 9am.
    Was looking forward to this for ages.

I was in the queue since 9 aswell and it let me order about 10 mins ago.

Only saw 1 slot that was sold out on the Saturday.

my laptop, ipad and ipod searching for 36 minutes now, wont be getting nothing I guess. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I managed to get past the queue and pick date/time and then it asks you to register. They could have mentioned that earlier and I would have done that in advance. I'd say that's adding to the length of time taking to process.
    I got mine in the end but was in the queue for 20 mins first.

Advertisement