Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There *are* some nice black/taxi/gardai out there!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

Mairt wrote: »
    The OP just thought he/she was had a counter argument to whats usually posted about the people named in the thread title.
    I just presumed he was making a positive point about a black taxi driver doing something good, in light of all this urban legend stuff about a black driver attacking women.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If the Garda was black, or the OP was black, what way would the replies have gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

antodeco wrote: »
    If the Garda was black, or the OP was black, what way would the replies have gone?

I'm a black Garda myself and I like to do a bit of Taxi'ing on the weekend for the extra few bob, don't see what all the fuss is about :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,938 ✭✭✭deadwood

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I'm a black Garda myself and I like to do a bit of Taxi'ing on the weekend for the extra few bob, don't see what all the fuss is about :pac:
    You made the fatal error of including the bit about the guard being helpful.

Any decent boardsie would have him pocketing the €20, eating a pink shnack which he bought out of money he screwed out of an innocent modified car enthusiast doing 51 kph in a 50 zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Are you sure the taxi driver just didnt spill tea all over his face?? And maybe the garda was in a good mood because was going to get laid later that night??

Only possible explaination for this story being true :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Dudess, I don't see why the OP would use black or white to describe the taximan. No I do not use coloured, I don't use anything. That's the point. He's a taxi man. We don't say "white taxi man" now do we?
    Agreed, but the taxi-driver's colour is relevant in this case. And the way you phrased your comment, it simply reads like you think "black" is offensive to black people. It doesn't at all look like you were trying to make the point there's no need to mention the man's skin colour.
    JohnCleary wrote: »
    some of you PC freaks need to get a life.
    Incorrect Understanding of PC #1854.
    Taxi Drivers/Foreigners/Gardai get an awful going over on these forums, all I was doing was telling about my POSITIVE experience.
    Maybe you should have made that clearer. I think people thought you meant "I used to be suspicious of them also but my outlook has now changed following this ONE example of how they're not ALL bad".
    I don't think you're racist either though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Sorry to hear that seanybiker. Hope everything works out for ye
    No need to be sorry sure it was me own fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

They let blacks in the gardai now? WTF!

/runs off to australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

mike65 wrote: »
    I hope they nail your ass.
    didnt ask what ya hoped so go back to your sisters room.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Dudess wrote: »
    Agreed, but the taxi-driver's colour is relevant in this case. And the way you phrased your comment, it simply reads like you think "black" is offensive to black people. It doesn't at all look like you were trying to make the point there's no need to mention the man's skin colour.

Yea I probably didn't explain it the best possible way, but you get me now. :P

seanybiker wrote: »
    No need to be sorry sure it was me own fault.

Well fair play for admiting to it. Especially on AH ;)

Advertisement