Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There *are* some nice black/taxi/gardai out there!

Options
  • 22-12-2008 6:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭

Rightio, here we go...

Fell into a taxi there a while ago, absolutily w4nkered drunk. Asked the black taxi driver to take me home, along with the GF. I didn't say too much to him along the way (was too busy with the missus ooh er) apart from the usual sh1te. Anyhow, got home, fare was 7.45 - I gave him 7.50 and went along my way

An hour late rI realise i've no phone. Rang and rang ang rang - Was so locked I forgot I got a taxi, so I decide to WALK back to the chineese where I thought i'd left the phone (After ringing the phone loads of times from the landline) - When I get back the oul man says a Guard rang the landline (from the mobile) saying the phone was handed in to the local station - Turns out I left the phone in the Taxi, taxi driver handed it into the station. So I pop on down in my drunken state, arrived at the desk and decided to try my Irish skillz :D Best response from the Guard ever "Come back here, the door is open, my hands are covered in sh1te" :eek: - I looked down, he had the gloves on :eek: Anyhow he brought me in, the phone there on the desk

I thanked him in Irish, and we had a quick convo - I asked if the taxi driver left a number/contact detail which he didn't - Tried leavin the Guard a 20eur note as a thanks but he told me to feck off and he didn't have a contact for the taxi driver so no chance of givin him the few quid

Pointless post really, but just goes to show that there ARE honest black/taxi/gardai out there! - My faith is restored, not *everyone* is a cnut!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

No i dont think there are any black taxi driving Garda out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,757 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So which was nicer, the Black the Taxi or the Garda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

i got done for drink driving tonight. I fully admit it. I will say one thing the guards where sound out. I was fair with them and they could not have been nicer to me. The two lads couldnt look at me getting blood taking with needle and we was all laughing about it. Anyways dont drink drive. I was grand to ride bike but over the limit in all fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mitch Buchannon

Sorry to hear that seanybiker. Hope everything works out for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

seanybiker wrote: »
    I was grand to ride bike but over the limit in all fairness

Not being funny, but you clearly weren't grand to ride the bike.

Sorry to hear bout that, but swings and roundabouts and all that.

I've never actually seen a black garda.. is there one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JohnCleary wrote: »
    fare was 7.45 - I gave him 7.50 and went along my way

Your generosity knows no bounds!.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Pointless post really

Agreed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Mairt wrote: »
    Your generosity knows no bounds!.

:P

I like how he was so drunk he'd forgotten he got a taxi but still remembers the exact amount the fare was and how much he gave to pay it. It's all in the details OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I like how he was so drunk he'd forgotten he got a taxi but still remembers the exact amount the fare was and how much he gave to pay it. It's all in the details OP!

See this is why most ppl learn to double, then triple check their posts, then do it over again before releasing it to you savages :P

The devil is in the detail OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Your post is laughable. You're actually surprised that there was a black person who didn't steal your phone. Guess what? There's more than one!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

left my passport in a taxi once, he didn't hand it in... He was white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Samurai wrote: »
    left my passport in a taxi once, he didn't hand it in... He was white

Lesson learned: Never trust Whitey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9XQDofW17A

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Dear god...are you seriously surprised that there happens to be some nice black people, some nice taxi drivers, some nice gardai?

Maybe you should try getting out more and opening your mind a bit. It may help with your racist attitude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

"Some nice people in the world shocker" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hottstuff

Suppose the OP is right to be surprised.
    I would have expected the black Taxi driver to be going on throughout the whole journey about how "White workers are taking all the jobs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Don_Cookie

I think that mentioning that the taxi driver was black was pointless. Fair play to him you got it back tho. I know a few taxi drivers and I'd say bout 50/50 of them would hand it in. I wonder did the guard have fun with you and his gloves..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

.... OP.... Seriously. Get a clue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Irlbo

I refuse to get a taxi that isnt driven by an Irish driver,everytime I have got a taxi driven by a Nigerian,Romanian,Chinese etc Ive had problems,such as wanting to go to Ballymun and him heading towards Ballyfermot,getting in at Ameins Street, and not knowing where East Wall is,depite it being less then a minute away,trying to tell me the way home and making an obvious detour to make afew extra quid,roaring on the phone the whole journey in their own language,so now I stick to my own to get me around,mind you,Ive come accross afew chancers,but for me its a safer bet

• Registered Users Posts: 47 qbasic

is this what you were talking about..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

LOL :D

Irlbo, a Cork driver might not know the way round Dublin too well either. When you say you'll stick with "your own" do you mean Irish or Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

OP did the taxi man ask for bank account and sort code by any chance?

Dudess wrote: »
    A Cork driver might not know the way round Dublin too well either. When you say you'll stick with "your own" do you mean Irish or Dublin?

I think he means racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I've met an equal amount of scummy white taxi drivers as I have scummy black taxi drivers.

Kold wrote: »
    I think he means racists.
    I had a feeling Irlbo, despite his "Northern Ireland is repressed and brutalised by imperialists, and republicans are fighting for democracy" stance, would think like that about "foreign" taxi drivers all right... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Irlbo wrote: »
    I refuse to get a taxi that isnt driven by an Irish driver,everytime I have got a taxi driven by a Nigerian,Romanian,Chinese etc Ive had problems,such as wanting to go to Ballymun and him heading towards Ballyfermot,getting in at Ameins Street, and not knowing where East Wall is,depite it being less then a minute away,trying to tell me the way home and making an obvious detour to make afew extra quid,roaring on the phone the whole journey in their own language,so now I stick to my own to get me around,mind you,Ive come accross afew chancers,but for me its a safer bet

You mean white, not Irish. Or do you ask them specifically before you get in the taxi?

I ****ing doubt it. It's so much easier to be a racist on the internet.

Rock on.:rolleyes:

Yeah, people who have reservations about "foreigners" generally seem to forget that white English/Scottish/Welsh/American/Australian/Canadian/Kiwi people are also foreigners...

Im talking about incompetance here,someone who doesnt know how to drive,communicate or most importantly,know where their going,dont care whether their black,white or a greyish blue,unfortunatley there are more foreign taxi drivers who are incompetant,for obvious reasons,being in the country a week and getting a taxi license for one,obviously not knowing were their going is going to be an issue,huge sat nav sales at xmas,and yeah I want Dublin drivers,none of the culchie menace,lol

Dragan wrote: »
    You mean white, not Irish. Or do you ask them specifically before you get in the taxi?

I ****ing doubt it. It's so much easier to be a racist on the internet.

Rock on.:rolleyes:

Well obviously I make an assumption by the way they look,and when get in,I look at the name,and Im not a racist,and Im as vocal about my views in person,then I am on the internet my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Well obviously I make an assumption by the way they look,and when get in,I look at the name,and Im not a racist,and Im as vocal about my views in person,then I am on the internet my friend

Not a racist. Nor likely to get a job as an editor anytime soon.

• Advertisement

1. Even if they are a different ethnicity or have a foreign name, who's to say they haven't lived in Dublin their whole life?

2. If they have GPS surely you still get to your destination so what's the problem? Apart from you being a racist of course.

Advertisement