Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastron

Options
  • 10-08-2015 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I've been really enjoying Fergal's rebuild thread, I suppose some of it is because I can enjoy looking at all the results without having to do any of the work!

Anyway, after looking at Fergal's project, I started looking more into the Glastron range of powerboats. Wow they sure made some fine machines back in the day. Here is a few pictures of my favourites.

007 had one of the hard top ones which turned into a plane!
    Question.... which bond movie?

06.jpg
    SCOTTKEMPA--element68.jpg
    Boats-020_lg.jpg
    83gl-scimitar-crop.jpg
    SCOTTKEMPA--element68.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

Beautiful boats, I would give my left....something or other, to own one of these!
    Fabulous detail inside, very seventies obviously, but sooo cool!

Boats-004_lg.jpg
    Boats-039_lg.jpg
    BOATS-026_LG.jpg
    Boats-032_lg.jpg
    Boats-027_lg.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I vaguely remember seeing the bond boat at the boat show where I also got to meet and shake hands with Jaws, as a young lad he was like a giant not just a big man he was a GIANT.

MVC-496F.JPG

This boat was also at the show along with the flying man :) they were the days when we had real boat shows.

tumblr_m09usbvQl41qiceiuo1_1280.jpg

And of course the most famous Glastron photo.

Live-and-Let-Die-Boat-Scene.jpeg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Feckin petrolheads... :p

Give me this any day.. it's on the marina in DL and I get to drool over it once a week!!

Spirit-54.jpg

Glastron did make sailboats from 1968 - 1970 the Alpha and Sigma, then they coped on to the right way to go :P

67glastron-sailboats.JPG

• Advertisement

One of the Bond boats just came up for sale :)http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/james-bond-boat-sale-0

100810-moonraker-boat-for-sale.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

That red Glastron is a scimitar I think. Another rare enough one is the intimidator where the exhaust exits over the transom. Beautiful looking boats.

That red Glastron is a scimitar I think. Another rare enough one is the intimidator where the exhaust exits over the transom. Beautiful looking boats.

This one :)

11844996_10207019843481956_6954426693007790717_o_zpsqwoylb5y.jpg

A bit of fun info on the Bond boats, even the ones with sails :)http://www.moorings.com/infographics/jamesbondboats.html

Advertisement