Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fuel cut off

Options
  • 04-08-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

While working on my project boat, I was surprised to see that there is no fuel cut off switch. Is this normal?

Its a gravity fed diesel engine, I'd have thought there should be a cut-off switch somewhere near the tank?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

In most cases the fuel cut off switch should be outside the engine bay so you can turn it off without opening the hatch, if it is inside the engine bay they often have a push pull bar or wire to turn them off from outside. Defiantly worth fitting one for handiness if you ever had to work on the engine or had a leaking pipe.

Advertisement