Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky TV Price Increase From Feb 1 2014

13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

ftakeith wrote: »
    since then skytv have invested in their own content such as moone boy and the tunnel

of course this is separate from sky's tv rights for sports

did not like stella and starlings from sky on demand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

And soon sky will not have the champions league as BT have it from 2015. So even less on sky sports. This rule that 1 broadcaster cannot have all the football is very unfair for the consumer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,301 ✭✭✭✭muffler

snaps wrote: »
    This rule that 1 broadcaster cannot have all the football is very unfair for the consumer.
    Eh? :confused:

muffler wrote: »
    Eh? :confused:

Makes it very expensive as the football rights have to be split between 2 broadcasters, thus the subscriber needs more than 1 sub to watch football. The way things are going BT sports will be the UK's leading sports broadcaster now they have the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Makes it very expensive as the football rights have to be split between 2 broadcasters, thus the subscriber needs more than 1 sub to watch football. The way things are going BT sports will be the UK's leading sports broadcaster now they have the champions league.

ITV & RTE will still be showing CL games.

• Advertisement

ITV & RTE will still be showing CL games.

for 1 more season

2014-15
    itv, tv3, rte and sky for the champions league rights in the uk/ire

for 2015-18
    bt sport has the uk champions league/europa league
    irish tv rights will be named in early 2014

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/ireland/build
    I cancelled my contract April 2013 After nearly 8 months wouldn't mind having the channels back. The only programmes i was really interested in was discovery Ch & Documentaries on Nat Geo. used to pay €30 before i cancelled the same package now is gone up to €36 :( id have the Sports inc if it wasnt such a high mark up on it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

SIX PACK wrote: »
    http://www.sky.com/quickbuy/ireland/build
    I cancelled my contract April 2013 After nearly 8 months wouldn't mind having the channels back. The only programmes i was really interested in was discovery Ch & Documentaries on Nat Geo. used to pay €30 before i cancelled the same package now is gone up to €36 :( id have the Sports inc if it wasnt such a high mark up on it. :pac:

For *some* in that situation, this will be an option .....

https://www.eircom.net/tv/channels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

yes the eircom pack at 10euro is not bad but you have to take broadband at 45 euro first to avail of it....

I am only getting sky sports for heineken cup rugby

so my last month's subscription ended on the 9/1/14

I then subscribed this morning online through my sky offers for €26 called the sky sports part package
    I will phone sky on monday to cancel sky sports until april for the 1/4 finals of the heineken cup rugby

I just have the basic sky package

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Only Sky would have the neck to push up the price of their services when decent options for a hell of a lot cheaper are now here in Ireland.

If they lose more Premier League football to BT the next time the rights are up..... This bubble they have created willl go bang.

I for one will swing from my lights in delight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

If you are in the middle of a contract; does this price change allow for contract exit?

lol just noticed that this thread was for a previous price increase

ok; so I'm asking about their latest price increase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,301 ✭✭✭✭muffler

lawred2 wrote: »
    If you are in the middle of a contract; does this price change allow for contract exit?

lol just noticed that this thread was for a previous price increase

ok; so I'm asking about their latest price increase
    Answer is still no Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ROZ11

I am a customer with sky since 2012 my package has jumped from €24 to €29 from February. Sick of them hiking up prices, even if it is only €2. I think its time to shop around for a better deal.

ROZ11 wrote: »
    I am a customer with sky since 2012 my package has jumped from €24 to €29 from February. Sick of them hiking up prices, even if it is only €2. I think its time to shop around for a better deal.

sky tv is the best pay tv as sky atlantic is only available on sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

sky tv is the best pay tv as sky atlantic is only available on sky

Yes, if you're hooked on Sky Atlantic.

How can sky change the subscription cost if your in contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I am sure they have it in the terms of contract that they can make changes but nobody ever reads them.

lertsnim wrote: »
    I am sure they have it in the terms of contract that they can make changes but nobody ever reads them.

So basically A Sky contract is all about protecting Sky and not the customer?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

So basically A Sky contract is all about protecting Sky and not the customer?!

Of course ...... that is what most contracts are for .... to protect those who devise them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Of course ...... that is what most contracts are for .... to protect those who devise them!

Indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

So another €2 price increase from February..... Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Got the letter this morning 2.75 increase ffs.....new customers get all sorts of cheap deals/free equipment while existing customers get hammered

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Got the letter this morning 2.75 increase ffs.....new customers get all sorts of cheap deals/free equipment while existing customers get hammered

stop complaining

You are not forced to get Sky or subscribe to sky sports to watch English football

There is Freesat/saorview for an once off fee

I have sky in one room with the basic sky paackage and the 'setanta pack'

But I have freesat/saorview in 2 other rooms as most of tv channels watch are the fta tv channels but I have sky for a little extras

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

stop complaining

You are not forced to get Sky or subscribe to sky sports to watch English football

There is Freesat/saorview for an once off fee

I have sky in one room with the basic sky paackage and the 'setanta pack'

But I have freesat/saorview in 2 other rooms as most of tv channels watch are the fta tv channels but I have sky for a little extras

Stop complaining about my complaining......I don't subscribe to Sky sports (I do online for a pittance, 1:0 to the small man)

Just received a letter this morning about the increase, nice Xmas present. Time to shop round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Just received a letter this morning about the increase, nice Xmas present. Time to shop round.

Got mine today aswell.

Every year Sky increase their prices while my wages have been cut during the years.

Advertisement