Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They don't even pay road tax Joe. **Off topic thread**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

furiousox wrote: »

Creedence Clearwater Revival

ultra :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

ultra :cool:

Ah no way.....Uber jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Calm down, girls. This is the internet's version of Smash Hits' "Which Pop Star are You Most Like?" rubbish that they used to publish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Raam wrote: »
    Calm down, girls. This is the internet's version of Smash Hits' "Which Pop Star are You Most Like?" rubbish that they used to publish.

High five'n is allowed after a certain age and time spent here, sis.

High five'n is allowed after a certain age and time spent here, sis.

I am upset cos I got "The Eagles".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I am upset cos I got "The Eagles".
    bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Me too. What a heap of poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anyone get Wishbone Ash? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I got Jimi. So :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭furiousox

Looks like someone forgot to stock up with beer on Thursday! :p

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Jimi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I am looking for prologo onetouch black bar tape with the green Prologo. The same that is on the Orica Greenedge's Scott Foils:
    05-IMG_7593-620x413.jpg

Anyone know where I could find in a shop or online? Can only find the white/black and black/white type. http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/prologo-onetouch-gel-handlebar-tape/rp-prod88820
    I suspect its custom made only for the team.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,522 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The wife and kids are back in a couple of hours after a break (from my post-crash grumpiness in particular) away. So now I am desperately trying to remove any evidence that may suggest I've been out on the bike during their absence ....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »
    I am looking for prologo onetouch black bar tape with the green Prologo. The same that is on the Orica Greenedge's Scott
    I suspect its custom made only for the team.

I've been looking for the same tape for a week or so and I found some just now.Just ordered some now.
    Probikeshop.com

• Registered Users Posts: 11,744 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Classic Rock quiz: I am Creedence Clearwater Revival. The only song of theirs I'm aware of is the one in The Big Lebowski, but that's a good one, so Iam satisfied.

It brings to my mind this exchange:
    Younger Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?

The Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh... a tape deck, some Creedence tapes, and there was a, uh... uh, my briefcase.

Younger Cop: [expectant pause] In the briefcase?

The Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers, business papers.

Younger Cop: And what do you do, sir?

The Dude: I'm unemployed.

Followed by:
    The Dude: Do you find them much, these, stolen cars?

Younger Cop: Sometimes. Wouldn't hold out much hope for the tape deck though.

Older Cop: Or the Creedence.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Classic Rock quiz: I am Creedence Clearwater Revival. The only song of theirs I'm aware of is the one in The Big Lebowski, but that's a good one, so Iam satisfied
    tomasrojo wrote: »

Check out their version of 'I heard it through the grapevine-9 minutes of musical perfection.

Will do that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

I've been looking for the same tape for a week or so and I found some just now.Just ordered some now.
    Probikeshop.com

Awesome, just back from a cycle so have ordered. Cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Is there a physiological reason why after a cycle I feel the need to guzzle coffee? (Or am I just of good taste?) Every time I've been back from cycling I knock back three cups of coffee in about 45 minutes or an hour. I drink a lot of coffee normally, but even then I wouldn't drink that much. And I've often gone the same amount of time as I am cycling without having a coffee and don't feel the need to knock back three mugs.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Is there a physiological reason why after a cycle I feel the need to guzzle coffee? (Or am I just of good taste?) Every time I've been back from cycling I knock back three cups of coffee in about 45 minutes or an hour. I drink a lot of coffee normally, but even then I wouldn't drink that much. And I've often gone the same amount of time as I am cycling without having a coffee and don't feel the need to knock back three mugs.

Cyclist in coffee addiction shocker ;-)

• Advertisement

Has this been posted?
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1238747394/double-o-a-simple-safe-secure-bike-light

Interesting notion that you can thread the lights through a u-lock and therefore leave them with your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

This is a curious one, looks like it could be fun to try though, it's called the Halfbike and they say it combines biking with jogging:

Halfbike-kolelinia-upright-bike-1.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

doozerie wrote: »
    and they say it combines biking with jogging
    Combining the worst elements of both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

This is a curious one, looks like it could be fun to try though, it's called the Halfbike and they say it combines biking with jogging:

Halfbike-kolelinia-upright-bike-1.jpeg

The bit you sit on looks kind of sore.

Idleater wrote: »
    Combining the worst elements of both?

I, for one, heartily embrace our mutant one-handed cyclist jogger three-wheeled compatriots. They should nicely reset the bar for social acceptance so that the average lycra-clad two-wheeled rider will be seen as positively normal.

Speaking of shame, I saw a guy out roller-blading in the heat of yesterday afternoon. I glanced over as I passed him by, to see that he was wearing a balaclava under his helmet. I know that roller-blading isn't exactly widely accepted as a suitable pastime for an adult, but it seemed like an extreme length to go to to disguise himself.

...or maybe he is a professional ninja and simply forget to change out of his office clothes before his commute home.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Speaking of shame, I saw a guy out roller-blading in the heat of yesterday afternoon. I glanced over as I passed him by, to see that he was wearing a balaclava under his helmet. I know that roller-blading isn't exactly widely accepted as a suitable pastime for an adult, but it seemed like an extreme length to go to to disguise himself.

...or maybe he is a professional ninja and simply forget to change out of his office clothes before his commute home.
    Irish Rollerbladers Anonymous?

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭padjo5

Watching random youtube videos and came across this Red Bull Road Rage madness.....was surprised to see a chap in 'Bray Wheelers' kit win the event in Sarajevo in 2013 (link below).....! Did he just happen to have Bray kit or is he a club member?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9o-7TM1yBQ

• Registered Users Posts: 31,015 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

padjo5 wrote: »
    Watching random youtube videos and came across this Red Bull Road Rage madness.....was surprised to see a chap in 'Bray Wheelers' kit win the event in Sarajevo in 2013 (link below).....! Did he just happen to have Bray kit or is he a club member?!
    He's a club member.

http://janoskohler.wordpress.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Lumen wrote: »
    Irish Rollerbladers Anonymous?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement