The Breast Feeding Support Thread - Page 311 - uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
12-11-2015, 08:37   #4651
Just wanted to say well done cunning. Pyjamas were my mammy uniform for the first six weeks, get someone to get you a couple of new pairs that are easy for feeding. I know the mammy guilt can be hard when you have more than 1 and I took it day by day so I didn't feel under pressure. But honestly you are doing the absolute best job. My little one is now ten months, flying around the place and I am so glad I stuck with it. That time in our lives is now just a memory. Great advice here on comfy pillows and feet up during the day. Box sets and food that is handy to eat are the order of the day. In those tough moments remind yourself you are a great Mam and say the little mantra "this too shall pass". Good luck on your journey
Thanks from:
12-11-2015, 11:05   #4652
Ginger Ail
First time poster!

Just wanted to say that my baby was the exact same. She is 9 weeks today and the last 3 weeks have seen a huge improvement. She was described as a "ferocious feeder" by the midwife in the hospital and that continued for a number of weeks, where it felt like I was googling the possibility of growth spurts every single day not to mind every week!!

As I said she is only 9 weeks, so I am by no means an expert, but 2 things that worked for me:
After feeding my little girl I used to wind her on my shoulder and cover her with a blanket. Then when putting her into the Moses basket I would leave the blanket behind her and then cover it over her front. I think this just made the transition easier that she wasn't being put on to a cold surface.
Also, I used a soother, just for that moment of when you put her down and she wanted to suck again. I know some people don't recommend them (and some babies won't take them) but I knew she was just sucking for comfort rather than feeding. It worked for us anyway.

Best of luck with the next few weeks, hope it gets easier. Don't forget to drink plenty of water!
(3) thanks from:
12-11-2015, 16:55   #4653
Cunning Stunt
Thanks so much for the responses! Today was mostly another couch day but i got out with the pram for some food shopping and air. Baby slept well last night so my energy is better. She's still feeding like crazy and is welded to my boob as I type but she didnt mind lying in her chair earlier so that I could play with the toddler. All going well today so, thk god

Quick Reply
Remove Text Formatting

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion