Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20% Off in Smyths Toys from Friday to Monday

Options
  • 17-09-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

20% off everything in store

19/9/2014-22/9/2014

*excludes Software Zone (consoles, games, tablets etc)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

anyone know if its just in store or is it online too....

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

And sometimes they re sticker and hike up the prices instore before the sale, so go online, add your stuff to your basket, let them there and show them on the day, they usually honour the prices. just in case like:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Will the trampolines be included?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

AFAIK everything except the software zone.

dm1979 wrote: »

Should be online too as they are launching a new click and collect option.

Buy online and collect instore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

Where was it advertised?. Cant see anything on their website

Not advertised yet

Also seen on HUKD

Confirmed by staff in various stores

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

dm1979 wrote: »

It's instore only.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Umpalumpa wrote: »
    Where was it advertised?. Cant see anything on their website

Instore only.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

is Lego included?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Is this valid? Did anyone try today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Got an email so it's definitely on. All baby items included too.

APPARENTLY, the Argos 3 for 2 on all toys starts next week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Crazy in Smyths this am! The 20% is off everything except software/games/tablets, etc.... So basically off toys. People going round with trolleys and car park was manic too! Watch out for price increases since yesterday too. I had made a list last night after I saw it adverised, and 4 items on my list that had been reduced had gone back up to full price today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

brilliant timing - we were going in this weekend to get the young fella a bike for his birthday!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Yup was like the end of the world in my local Smyths. Everyone getting their Christmas stuff, some people had 2/3 trolleys. Staff said they were getting deliveries all weekend so stuff will be restocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    brilliant timing - we were going in this weekend to get the young fella a bike for his birthday!

You should check out Halfords too, think they have a bike sale on at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Its great god darn pay day isn't till the end of the month though

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

Got a few bits today. Had checked prices yesterday and anything reduced I was looking at was still reduced today.

Do price check against argos before you buy. I was getting the imaginext batcave and even with 20% off argos was a couple euro cheaper. MAybe not worth it for an extra journey but still a small saving

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭djr

dropped into the Jervis St. branch there at lunchtime, got a few small bits for the wee lad. was pretty quiet in there, shelves well stocked. prices for me were cheaper or on a par with Amazon, so will put away for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

rman2727 wrote: »
    You should check out Halfords too, think they have a bike sale on at the moment.

A little OT, but PLEASE dont buy your kids bikes in Halfords or Smyths. I have two kids and made the mistake of buying a bike in Halfords for my 5 year old. Its a bloody tank, it weighed nearly 13kg (and he only weighed 17!)

If you can afford it (as they are in the €200-300 range), buy a frog bike, islabike or early rider. The resale value on these bikes are fantastic (you'll get at least half it back) and they are proper light bikes made of proper bike parts! 6kg vs 13kg!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

A little OT, but PLEASE dont buy your kids bikes in Halfords or Smyths. I have two kids and made the mistake of buying a bike in Halfords for my 5 year old. Its a bloody tank, it weighed nearly 13kg (and he only weighed 17!)

If you can afford it (as they are in the €200-300 range), buy a frog bike, islabike or early rider. The resale value on these bikes are fantastic (you'll get at least half it back) and they are proper light bikes made of proper bike parts! 6kg vs 13kg!!

Sure if it was 13kg why did you buy it? It's not like they arnt on display beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

kona wrote: »
    Sure if it was 13kg why did you buy it? It's not like they arnt on display beforehand.

well, thats my point. I didnt know how heavy they were until I brought the dam thing home. I'm warning people not to make the same mistake! There's no weight on display on the kids bikes (for obvious reasons).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Most people wouldn't be aware of the weight difference bikes. It's not just the weight though. Cheaper bikes have very poor components like brakes. Which are harder to keep adjusted correctly or stand up to abuse. Cheap steel Parts rust. Aluminium doesn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

And my two pence when it come's to kid's bikes dont but them with gears. If the bike gets knocked or thrown down the gears get bashed. Sorry to be off topic slightly.

Was n Smyths in Galway this morning, great crowd in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Gear are handy for hills or rough ground. But like any device it needs maintaining. If its going to left in a garden in the rain, get the cheapest bare bones thing you can. Like a BMX.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

20% offer is
    Also in ken blacks (not sure if same owners or what?) if you live in carlow or kk where there's no smyths store

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭javagal

20% offer is
    Also in ken blacks (not sure if same owners or what?) if you live in carlow or kk where there's no smyths store

You Are joking, drove 45 mins to smyths and live next to ken black!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

javagal wrote: »
    You Are joking, drove 45 mins to smyths and live next to ken black!

No to be honest I drove from kk to carlow, had it in my head that the ken black in carlow was smyths for some reason! Was effing and blinding when pulled in and it was KB! Luckily it worked out well in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Was looking at a set of TMNT that was €90 during the week. Now €120- 20%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

Is the baby stuff on offer, bottles, mattresses etc?

Advertisement