Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Happy, Happy News!

• 30-09-2008 3:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I know earlier in the year the Ray D'arcy show did a happy news section and with everything about banks crashing, share plummeting, and public spending cut backs its time for some happy news.

So i'll start.

1. I booked my hotel today for my trip to Buneos Aires at Christmas.

2. I got asked out for a drink the other day, which totally floored me and I totally bundlled the reply and left the poor fella utterley confused... Damn why can't i be cool:rolleyes:

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

My little girl climbed into my bed at 3am and told me she loved me.

I never had much money, so if shares have halved who cares. Half of fcuk all is still fcuk all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

ellebelle wrote: »
    I booked my hotel today for my trip to Buneos Aires at Christmas.

You could have at least picked a country with a non-recessionary theme. :D

Seriously though, you'll be even happier when you get there. Lovely place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

I have a lovely new niece called Jessica!

And I'm getting a kitten - if anyone has a kitten please let me know:D

Christmas isn't far away either!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

I have a kitten, well she's a bit bigger than a kitten now, but she's still the sweetest thing ever!

And I've mended some friendships that had been pretty crap recently and I just recently passed my repeat exams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm going to New York for Christmas \o/

Downside, I'm broke and so can't afford it :(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Karen_* wrote: »
    Christmas isn't far away either!:D
    Thats not good news. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

im just off to visit my friends 11hr old baby!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

I'm getting married the day after tomorrow :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Commiserations Congratulations! :D

I have a new baby niece since yesterday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

My 4 year old niece told me today on the phone that she loved me to the moon and back :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I have just booked a November break..

Im also very happy right now because my kids are asleep in bed at 8.20:eek: Unbelievable.... So happy, 3 hours downtime:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Congratulations :D

I've been invited to a night out through work :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'm going on a third date tomorrow with a guy I really like. And I invited him to my debs, so I'm delighted I finally have everything sorted!
    College is also a hundred times better than I ever could have expected. Things seem to be going my way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I have finally overcome a nasty bout of influenza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

That's fantastic, congratulations.

Um, I don't have any happy news, except that I managed to get my first essay for my course written. *is sad*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭clicli

I'm going to England on Friday to spend the weekend with a guy who i really like and who likes me back!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm in the main event:) good news for me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I made a really lovely dinner and have enough leftovers to not have to cook tomorrow. It's not much, but it's a start!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

Many congratulations!! Hope the weather is good.

1. Started a new job on Monday and getting on really well (after a long 4 months of searching and searching).

2. Heading to Paris on Thursday next for a week - cannot wait! I am as excited as if it was my first time going!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

1. I am going to London for the weekend so will have a 4 day weekend and a 4 day working week this week and next!!

2. I just spent a lovely evening with my sister

3. I am meeting my ex tomorrow to see if we can sort things out and maybe get back together - wish me luck!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

3. I am meeting my ex tomorrow to see if we can sort things out and maybe get back together - wish me luck!!

best wishes to you, hope it works out as you wish :)

nouggatti wrote: »
    best wishes to you, hope it works out as you wish :)

Thanks a million! Just need to work out what I wish for now! He broke my heart but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?? He seems to be trying to make good so hopefully things will be clearer when I see him!!

Just need to work out what I wish for now! He broke my heart but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?? He seems to be trying to make good so hopefully things will be clearer when I see him!!

Seriously, the very very best to you, I do hope it works out and makes you happy :)

And yes everyone deserves that second chance

On topic, I forgot, I had several uninterrupted hours with my boss today, twas great, and he bought me lunch :D

Zaph wrote: »
    Commiserations Congratulations! :D

I have a new baby niece since yesterday :)

Congrats!!! I'm sure she's nearly as beeeyootiful as my niece:D

Thanks a million! Just need to work out what I wish for now! He broke my heart but doesn't everyone deserve a second chance?? He seems to be trying to make good so hopefully things will be clearer when I see him!!

The very very best of luck! Hope it goes great. Let me know;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Best of luck!

I'm going apartment hunting with my boyfriend at the weekend. Very excited about moving in together. Hopefully won't take us too long to find the perfect place.

I got a load of freebie cosmetics today, luuuuuuuuuuurve free stuff! :D

Thumbs up for the thread idea, spread the happiness :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

1. I am going to London for the weekend so will have a 4 day weekend and a 4 day working week this week and next!!

Oh oh, I have one now! I have a four day weekend every week! and nothing to do with it....

I'm in the main event:) good news for me:)

WSOP?
    Karen_* wrote: »
    Congrats!!! I'm sure she's nearly as beeeyootiful as my niece:D

You mean your niece is nearly as beautiful as mine, don't you? :D And congrats to the new auntie too.

I don't know Zaph, I've seen Karen's new niece and she is mighty purdy, you have competition on your hands! ;)

• Advertisement

Well I haven't seen mine yet apart from a mobile picture, so I suppose she wins on a technicality. :)

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I'm going apartment hunting with my boyfriend at the weekend. Very excited about moving in together. Hopefully won't take us too long to find the perfect place.

Good luck pet! Hope you find your dream place and have many happy times in it!!
    I got a load of freebie cosmetics today, luuuuuuuuuuurve free stuff! :D

Where???? Share the love? :p

Good luck pet! Hope you find your dream place and have many happy times in it!!

Where???? Share the love? :p

Aww thanks hun, really looking forward to it :)

As for the freebies, if only I could have shared the love today! Brown Thomas were giving away a load of free stuff to the first 100 people this morning. I was clueless until I was handed a big goody bag of loads of Mac, Bobby Brown etc make up and all sorts of lotions and potions. What is it about goody bags that make grown women squeel with excitement? :D

If only it was a daily occurance! :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i got a phone call last night from a company saying i may just be called for an interview in the next few weeks... (its wierd shifts, 7days a week, opens 7am, closes 3am) but its better than the basic 20-21k im on now and gives me a bit of direction in my life :)

also got a gig in november in the tivoli! time to get practicing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Oh oh, I have one now! I have a four day weekend every week! and nothing to do with it....

Cnut.

I'd love to be a student again. But with wages though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Brown Thomas were giving away a load of free stuff to the first 100 people this morning. I was clueless until I was handed a big goody bag of loads of Mac, Bobby Brown etc make up and all sorts of lotions and potions. What is it about goody bags that make grown women squeel with excitement? :D

If only it was a daily occurance! :(

So jealous!!! :o

On the upside, I'm going to Italy for a week in three weeks time :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ellebelle

cute_cow wrote: »
    Many congratulations!! Hope the weather is good.

1. Started a new job on Monday and getting on really well (after a long 4 months of searching and searching).

2. Heading to Paris on Thursday next for a week - cannot wait! I am as excited as if it was my first time going!

I'm going to Paris too on Thursday of next week.... to visit my sister.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭BroomBurner

missmatty wrote: »
    So jealous!!! :o

On the upside, I'm going to Italy for a week in three weeks time :D

Italy is so gorgeous! Have a ball! :D

Great idea for a thread :pac: Have lovely days everyone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 636 ✭✭✭cute_cow

ellebelle wrote: »
    I'm going to Paris too on Thursday of next week.... to visit my sister.

Weird! Thats the 2nd person to tell me they are going on Thursday next!! We're on the 7am with Aer Lingus.

What part does your sister live in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I'm away to Oz on hols in a week - can't wait, feels like I've been waiting forever for it to come around!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ellebelle

cute_cow wrote: »
    Weird! Thats the 2nd person to tell me they are going on Thursday next!! We're on the 7am with Aer Lingus.

What part does your sister live in?

She's lived there for about 12 yrs - left the day after her leaving to be an Au pair for the summer and stayed. She lives right now up beside Gare du Nord in a very Indian/Pakistani neighbourhood which has amazing fruit and veg for sale in the shops. She's also lived in the 5th & 6th and recently lived in Gentilly beside the 15th for about 3 yrs.

I'm on the 6.20 pm flight with Aer Lingus. Its so straight forward to her place from there. I go over about 7/8 a year - cheaper to get there most times than a night out here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement