Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of ireland Android app strange behaviour

Options
  • 27-11-2014 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

I have a rooted Android Samsung Galaxy S4, when I use a program like say Titanium backup or something else for accessing root permission I get a dialog asking to allow super user permission.

Just now, my Bank Of Ireland app just requested su permission, not only was it not open, that app never has any reason to ask for SU permission.

I force stopped and deleted it immediately. Perhaps I'm being over cautious but given that mobile device malware is on the increase I think I was right to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

conti wrote: »
    I have a rooted Android Samsung Galaxy S4, when I use a program like say Titanium backup or something else for accessing root permission I get a dialog asking to allow super user permission.

Just now, my Bank Of Ireland app just requested su permission, not only was it not open, that app never has any reason to ask for SU permission.

I force stopped and deleted it immediately. Perhaps I'm being over cautious but given that mobile device malware is on the increase I think I was right to be.
    It's almost certainly just a badly coded app. Most of BOI's tech departments have been outsourced. Their online banking is years out of date, even compared to other banks. And their business banking solution is even worse. They just don't have the expertise necessary for modern tech development

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement