Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast

Options
  • 03-07-2014 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,
    i need some advice :) i just started working with a personal trainer and he gave me a diet plan. Its all going good except for the breakfast. Im required to have 1 whole egg with 3 egg whites.... im finding it very difficult to stomach this in the mornings :( any cooking advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Millie Mouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Hi guys,
    i need some advice :) i just started working with a personal trainer and he gave me a diet plan. Its all going good except for the breakfast. Im required to have 1 whole egg with 3 egg whites.... im finding it very difficult to stomach this in the mornings :( any cooking advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Millie Mouse

Do you just not like eggs or is it just having them first thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Millie mouse

No i do like them i think its the texture of the way im cooking them (scrambled) so im just looking for some alternative ways to cook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭meijin

Im required to have 1 whole egg with 3 egg whites.... im finding it very difficult to stomach this in the mornings :(

I would have a problem with this too... why waste 3 egg yolks? :confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

add 25g of oats and some sweetener blend and make a pancake. Will add less than 100 cals.

You could also hard boil the eggs and discard 3 yolks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

If you're stuck for time as well you could mix and microwave.

But make sure to mix so there's no exploding yoke.

That said, scrambled first thing in the morning...NOM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,847 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

why waste the nutritional value of the the yoke? your breakfast will still be clean if you use the whole eggs. If you dont like scrambled eggs make a pancake with linseed and oats and can add berries for extra taste or just have them boiled or hard boiled. Also you should be heading towards 10 portions of fruit and veg a day so an omelette with 2 or 3 portions of veg would set the day off well. I hope the rest of your diet isnt equally constipating and limited :pac:

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

http://peachesandcake.com/apple-pie-omelet/

This is a cracking omelette. Keep the yokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Hi guys,

Millie Mouse

Tell your PT you want to replace the eggs with something you like or at least can stomach, assume you are paying them enough. They should be tailoring a diet for you. Assume protein is the reason, there are plenty of alternatives.

Tell your PT you want to replace the eggs with something you like or at least can stomach, assume you are paying them enough. They should be tailoring a diet for you. Assume protein is the reason, there are plenty of alternatives.

I did say that to them and they told me that its a strict diet and i need to be dedictated :( i even tried the hole im allergic to eggs but they didnt believe me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

I'd be reevaluating my PT if I were you. He's
    Not listening to you or tailoring a nutrition plan to you specifically. How will you maintain this lifestyle in the long term if you're eating food you don't like. Eggs are great but if you don't like them then there are alternative protein sources. What if he had a vegan client? Someone with an allery? Is he actually suggesting someone with an egg allery should 'be deciplined' and eat them regardless? Nonsence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

It sounds like he has a program he gives everyone, and that's that. Nothing personal about that training!!!
    I recently was with a pt who wanted me to do a core exercise that I didn't have the strength for- I knew I'd be more likely to hurt my back than strengthen anything, and I told him I couldn't do it, and felt I'd hurt my back- his response was "just try harder". I haven't been back since. Some pt's (as with any profession), aren't worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,607 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Did you ask him what is so special about egg whites, or so wrong with yolks?
    Could you just leave out the whites and just eat one whole egg, or even two?
    With a slice of brown bread and a piece of fruit, that's a grand breakfast for anyone.

Im going to ask him monday again to see if he can change it for me because im not happy after spending all that money to be not listened to. Im not getting the best out of my programme because some mornings im skipping breakfast!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I wouldn't bother talking to him tbh.. Stop paying this joker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Hi guys,

I have a problem similar to Millie, I was given a training plan and nutrition plan from a trainer friend of mine a while back and he is all about eggs, but I can't stomach them at all, I just straight up hate eggs, going back to childhood. So he recommended eating bacon medallions but I'm so sick of them now. The last couple of weeks I've had Weetabix and had either a banana with a dash of honey or blueberries with a greek yoghurt on them but I don't want to keep it up as they are pretty carby afaik.

For the record, the training has been going well and I've been seeing great results more weeks than not but i reckon if I sorted out my breakfast situation I could really kick on. Any suggestions? :)

Advertisement