Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Legion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I kinda' want to play launch Demon Hunter purely because I remember launch Deathknight during WOTLK and it was hilarious.

Thought about resubbing recently, mainly to play battlegrounds believe it or not! Haven't brought myself to do it though... yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I have to say, Legion is looking pretty good so far. Some great class changes, professions that actually have some depth to them, and interesting world content. Been watching some of the class videos, and it makes me want to level up a Shaman and Shadow Priest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kiith wrote: »
    I have to say, Legion is looking pretty good so far. Some great class changes, professions that actually have some depth to them, and interesting world content. Been watching some of the class videos, and it makes me want to level up a Shaman and Shadow Priest :)

My only concern is how bad they got tanks this expansion, my tank is a Pally and they're pretty much useless now it seems.... :/

Yeah, there have been some complaints about that alright. They wanted to remove the self healing that tanks had, which is a good idea imo, but they've really screwed them up. Hopefully they make some changes through the beta.

I love the PvP changes they've added. Gear doesn't really matter anymore, and a separate PvP talent tree. Should make it very interesting.

As I recall, Blizzard wanted more people playing Tank which is why they sorta got buffed with the self healing and extra DPS to make them more appealing to the masses. I imagine taking some of that away all of a sudden won't sit too well with players.

I was always in the camp that a Tank should not be able to tank very well without a healer and a healer should not be able to survive indefinitely without a tank. And DPS should never stand in the fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MagicIRL wrote: »
    As I recall, Blizzard wanted more people playing Tank which is why they sorta got buffed with the self healing and extra DPS to make them more appealing to the masses. I imagine taking some of that away all of a sudden won't sit too well with players.

I was always in the camp that a Tank should not be able to tank very well without a healer and a healer should not be able to survive indefinitely without a tank. And DPS should never stand in the fire.

Problem is both roles are pretty horrible in solo content, and Blizz need to cater for everyone the best they can.

Seemingly its too difficult for players to change spec when they are doing solo content.....(the gear change for items to morph was brought in to help this)

I think they made a massive blunder giving Alpha to streamers, especially streamers who just talk **** about the game and cry about legacy servers.

There was some pretty clear indication number tuning and balance would happen through beta phases, yet idiotic streamers empowered idiotic viewers to go mental about class balance.

I'm using this downtime in WoD to pretty much level every DPS spec to 100 and give it a run. So come Legion I'll know where I stand with a)My Warlock and b)What alt to maintain for split runs during progress.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Problem is both roles are pretty horrible in solo content, and Blizz need to cater for everyone the best they can.

Seemingly its too difficult for players to change spec when they are doing solo content.....(the gear change for items to morph was brought in to help this)

I think they made a massive blunder giving Alpha to streamers, especially streamers who just talk **** about the game and cry about legacy servers.

There was some pretty clear indication number tuning and balance would happen through beta phases, yet idiotic streamers empowered idiotic viewers to go mental about class balance.

I'm using this downtime in WoD to pretty much level every DPS spec to 100 and give it a run. So come Legion I'll know where I stand with a)My Warlock and b)What alt to maintain for split runs during progress.

Mage, go Mage!

Mages are fun....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Out of curiosity, what (if anything) have they done to crafting for Legion? Is it still useless?

Crafting has been given a pretty major overhaul apparently. You'll get some of the BIS items from it, and it takes a serious amount of effort to actually craft it. There are full quest lines for all crafting and gathering professions as well, with lore added to keep it interesting. They seem to realise how utterly useless it was in WoD, and are trying to fix their mistakes.

Crafting has been given a pretty major overhaul apparently. You'll get some of the BIS items from it, and it takes a serious amount of effort to actually craft it. There are full quest lines for all crafting and gathering professions as well, with lore added to keep it interesting. They seem to realise how utterly useless it was in WoD, and are trying to fix their mistakes.

Did you see a video of it?

Currently the likes of Preach/Asmongold and Bellular dont have any Beta vids up.

• Advertisement

Here's the one i was talking about from Preach, which goes over professions (mainly Mining)

And here's one video on Blacksmithing from Bellular (which i am just watching now)

hmm, looks better at least.
    Also a quick look at wowhead shows the Leystone and Demonsteel items as BoE and not set to a max of three pieces which is nice. That infuriated me to no end in WoD at the beginning. Of course all that may change before release, but I hope not.

There was a limit on the number of crafted items you could wear, but they removed it a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭The_Mac

Lads Gamestop are charging €100 for the collector's edition. Anyone know a place that does it cheaper? I'd really like to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Anyone get into the beta? disappointing i didnt so will be cancelling until launch as i have nothing left to do.

Calhoun wrote: »
    Anyone get into the beta? disappointing i didnt so will be cancelling until launch as i have nothing left to do.

Looks like only 1 of us did.

In relation to the collectors edition, i think its that price pretty much everywhere.

Amazon have it for 83 Euro.

I'm curiously interested. Would love some beta access. I got in during WoD but only towards the end iirc.

Don't really have the time to sink hour after hour into end-game though, so that is kinda' holding me back.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Looks like only 1 of us did.

In relation to the collectors edition, i think its that price pretty much everywhere.

Amazon have it for 83 Euro.

Might as well get it from Gamestop then, considering post and packaging from amazon could take a bit.

There was a limit on the number of crafted items you could wear, but they removed it a few weeks ago.

That's because the crafted items use useless now with Baleful gear bar a slight advantage while leveling 90-100.

The_Mac wrote: »
    Might as well get it from Gamestop then, considering post and packaging from amazon could take a bit.

Free delivery to Ireland :)

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Free delivery to Ireland :)

UK Amazon don't do free Ireland delivery. And it's not up on DE Amazon. Besides, just in case it doesn't arrive day 1 I'd best play it safe with Gamestop. Was hoping somewhere like Smyths or Argos would do it but unfortunately not.

EDIT: Just read delivery terms, you're right, sorry. Still, UK are usually late with delivery I've found.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Bobatron

Hi lads , one of the people at work has me getting back into WoW before the launch of Legion.
    Sadly he is on a PvP server something which I'll never do again.
    I'm interested in meeting other people from Ireland that play WoW tbh the game carries with it a stigma with all the craziness that's happened with it over the years. But I was there in TBC and am damn sure going to be there for legion.
    So if anyone wants to gt togther and help me lvl some of my classes I'm aiming for to get one of each to 100 before the pre patch hits

Resubbed for a month to play Holy Priest with a friend. It's enjoyable coming back and just questing. I don't have any aspirations for end-game raiding again, but... I could be tempted knowing how much fun it's been in the past.

I'm Alliance on Kilrogg with the Priest for a change, although I would much prefer my Horde character on Tarren Mill.

oh? Well the forums here seem to be dead is there a lot of Irish WoWers.. I only know of 3-4 myself

To be fair, it's coming in to Summer and the tail end of an expansion so things are expected to be quiet. Whats your BattleTag and I'll add you when I'm home.

There are quite allot most I know are in pvp servers and hardly any post on this forum.

I don't know what stigma your talking about or what are you trying to say.

I suppose the stigma would be something onto the "make love not warcraft " episode of South Park

Also :( damned PvP servers. I used to be on one but tired of it due to being ganked religiously

Also there are a few of us heading to the midnight launch of Warcraft if anyone from Limerick wants to tag along give me a PM

Bobatron wrote: »
    I suppose the stigma would be something onto the "make love not warcraft " episode of South Park

Also :( damned PvP servers. I used to be on one but tired of it due to being ganked religiously

Also there are a few of us heading to the midnight launch of Warcraft if anyone from Limerick wants to tag along give me a PM

Your talking about a game that became so culturally popular that it had an episode of south park dedicated to it, that one minor negative part of the community was highlighted in a joking way doesn't mean there is a stigma.

The reason for few Irish players in wow is more a lack of Irish community as we are a small country we are representively going to be lower but not everyone posts here. At the same time the game is 12 years old people have just moved on.

Pvp ain't so bad if you can handle yourself but if not keep to pve servers. I personally find the pvp adds a nice flavor of danger while leveling but I understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Popularity in this forum comes in waves, but was it every truly "buzzing"?

As mentioned above, know and play with plenty of Irish people, but they don't post here, and we are not part of Irish or predominantly Irish guilds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

I moved from a pvp server to a pve server with some friends and I found it to be incredibly boring. The world pvp element really adds to the excitement of the game. I'm also terrible at pvp.

I really hated being away from the main cities. I miss ironforge :( looking forward to the expansion though.

Advertisement