Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Calhoun wrote: »
    No everything else, they are removing all the vendors for old heirloom gear and all the vendors for northrend badges.

So if you need anything buy it now.

and putting gold prices on them, gear that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Dunno if they are, they are planning on creating some new currency for them or some crap.

Dunno if they are, they are planning on creating some new currency for them or some crap.

it's prep for the heirloom inventory pane. heirlooms are getting a gold value in the mean time.

They will be gone until WOD though wont they?

They will be gone until WOD though wont they?

Yes and no it seems. They seesawed a fair bit so I'm a bit off. :/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14420192331

JP out for a time but all others still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

What kind of preparation is everyone doing for the new expansion? I'm currently looking to max as many professions as I can to maximize earnings in the first week or two of the expansion, I always hear the stories of someone who gets a new recipe and makes thousands of gold.

jabberwock wrote: »
    Yes and no it seems. They seesawed a fair bit so I'm a bit off. :/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/14420192331

JP out for a time but all others still in.

Yah i am the same, conflicting reports but i dont need anything so dont realy care.
    Xyo wrote: »
    What kind of preparation is everyone doing for the new expansion? I'm currently looking to max as many professions as I can to maximize earnings in the first week or two of the expansion, I always hear the stories of someone who gets a new recipe and makes thousands of gold.

I am currently capping professions on my mains, swapped alchemy on the hunter for LW as i want the new mount as it will go well with the new hunter taming quest line gara.

Finishing up last few MOP reputation mounts ect, cleaned out my pet stable so i have room for new pets (i am going to get Chimeron as he was a pain in the ass when i raided), need to pick a main healer and get it geared, need to get setup for leveling ect.

Lots to do and in between the expansion release we will have pre-patch which has some new content i want to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Used my lvl90 boost last night, and made myself a Troll Druid. God i love the instant form changes, and herbing without having to dismount is a godsend. Will spend the next few days levelling up my professions, but i don't think it'll take very long.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Used my lvl90 boost last night, and made myself a Troll Druid. God i love the instant form changes, and herbing without having to dismount is a godsend. Will spend the next few days levelling up my professions, but i don't think it'll take very long.

No shouldn't take to long , with changes in wod you be covered anyway as new gathering means you can gather from anything your level depends on what you get .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is it true in WoD that Druids are the only class able to fly straight off the bat, or was that just some rumour?

I was under the impression that no class can fly in WOD.

Yeah, i got both herb and jewlcrafting to 125 in about an hour, so i can't see it taking too long. Now i just need to setup my UI, and it seems bloody awkward for the Druid with so many different forms/abilities.

And no flying in WoD until 6.1 afaik.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Kiith wrote: »

You should maybe have gone the other route of leveling to 60 then get your proffs boosted to 600 with your 90 boost.
    Then again maybe leveling profs would be faster than a toon to 60?

Speaking of druids they are enjoyable enough.
    I mostly healed on mine but for healing i always enjoyed my priest more.
    Then theres the tanking route but to me a tank doesnt feel right without a shield hence i dont enjoy druid or dk tanks.
    Feral is just boring imho but moonkin really is an enjoyable spec to play,i normally rolled with resto/moonkin as my druid specs.

Yeah, it was a choice of boosting my Druid or Priest, but since my priest is around 45 already, i figured i'd just boost the low level druid. I want to get them both to 90, but didn't fancy levelling to 60 again. Will spend the next month split between earning some gold for my new Druid (on a different realm), levelling my Priest to 90 through dungeons and will try get my Hunter (lvl71) up a bit as well.

I picked Feral for my boosted spec, as i knew i wasn't goint to do any dungeons or PvP just yet. Will probably change to Bear or Moonkin for WoD though.

• Advertisement

With gathering professions i don't think there is a big advantage of being level 60, as your looking at pure profit in terms of leveling up as you can sell it straight away.

Crafting are another story as you can save 10-20K just by paying for the 90 boost.

Professions in WoD work differently. Now, everyone can harvest from every node (once you have the ability/prof for it) but what you get out of that node depends on the level of your gathering profession, I think.

So, If I'm Level 1 in Mining, I can mine say... Ghost Iron Ore in Pandaria, and receive Copper Ore instead. At least, that's how I think the professions are now working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Dcully wrote: »
    You should maybe have gone the other route of leveling to 60 then get your proffs boosted to 600 with your 90 boost.
    Then again maybe leveling profs would be faster than a toon to 60?

Speaking of druids they are enjoyable enough.
    I mostly healed on mine but for healing i always enjoyed my priest more.
    Then theres the tanking route but to me a tank doesnt feel right without a shield hence i dont enjoy druid or dk tanks.
    Feral is just boring imho but moonkin really is an enjoyable spec to play,i normally rolled with resto/moonkin as my druid specs.

Moonkin tank is where its at. Lots of fun in karazhan back in the day with one.

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Professions in WoD work differently. Now, everyone can harvest from every node (once you have the ability/prof for it) but what you get out of that node depends on the level of your gathering profession, I think.

So, If I'm Level 1 in Mining, I can mine say... Ghost Iron Ore in Pandaria, and receive Copper Ore instead. At least, that's how I think the professions are now working.

With pandaria and mining you got chucks of ore and could turn 10 of them into the proper ore. Completely worthless but never had to leave the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Love the stat squish

• Advertisement

Well... the blasted lands quests were short lived :D

Well... the blasted lands quests were short lived :D

Was a good taster though, now a month to get used to my classes. Although i spent a bit too much time taming clefthoofs, chimera's and talbooks this mornign lol.

I am also going to take revenge on Chimeron and tame him.

I am also going to take revenge on Chimeron and tame him.

You're not the first to say that! I imagine he'll be pretty popular ;)

You're not the first to say that! I imagine he'll be pretty popular ;)

He started it, dirty 3 headed baxtard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Gonna give Chimaeron a try later. My hunter isnt great though, mostly PvP geared. The stat squish is pretty cool. The DPS numbers were gone absolutely ridiculous in Pandaria. Must get stuck into the Blasted Lands quests later too! Happy patch day all! :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Anyone else having trouble downloading the patch? Best download speed I've seen all day is 2kb/s :o

where are you downloading it from? mine was coming in at around 400Kb/s earlier today.

Make sure if your using the battle.net launch you change the max download allowance as it does cap it (just not at that level).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Solitaire wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble downloading the patch? Best download speed I've seen all day is 2kb/s :o

Change your download speed to unlimited.

Downloaded it fine but now can't log in, stuck on the loading bar after selecting character at about 90%. Anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Seems to be fixed now.

Standing in the fire is bad. People are learning that the hard way. 6.0 ftw.

• Advertisement

I like the stat squish. Weird seeing such small numbers, but i like it. The quest line was very short, but it was cool to see Thrall and Khadgar again. I love the gathering changes, and it'll make it so much easier to level them up while questing.

1 shot bwd when I tamed chimeron the stat squish is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kasumi_Goto

Stat squish is very nice although still painful (at first) to see my 1,000 agility being reduced to like 67 on a chest piece :)

I've gone from an easy 100k Heals-per-sec to a mere 12k :(

I'm loving it. The amount of raid damage being thrown out to idiots standing in pools of this and that is great. We lost so many people on LFR Nuroshen that I got teleported in to the portal room twice!

Stat squish is the best thing I've seen so far. The numbers people were putting out was getting ridiculous. Shame the quest line is so short. Not much to do now for the next month!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Stat squish is the best thing I've seen so far. The numbers people were putting out was getting ridiculous. Shame the quest line is so short. Not much to do now for the next month!

I'm going for my heirloom weapon(s) and hopefully get a new set of rings, trinkets and weapons so I can level as Enhancement since my resto main set will have respec stats on it... I hope.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Solitaire wrote: »

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Known Issue (that's not going to be fixed) :rolleyes:

For anyone having this issue (noticed quite a lot of this problem while exercising the Google-fu), apparently the "current" Battle.net client can't actually download 6.0.2, but particularly on wireless connections the client can bug out and fail to properly install the new updated Battle.net client needed for the current WoW and D3 patches.

For Windows users, go Start > Control Panel > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings and uncheck the default "Automatically detect settings". Yep. On a non-wired connection that doesn't use it. Because Blizz, that's why. All of the things should magically start working now.

Struggling to decide on a main for WOD,holy priest with disc offspec was my main since release.
    Alts mostly rolled as healer too where possible.
    Im thinking of moving away from healing for WOD but cant decide what to do.
    I used my 90 boost for an old warrior toon considering tanking on it but partly why im moving away from healing is i want my playtime to be less stressful.
    Im not overly mad on the DPS specs of warriors but do like the idea of gladiator and dpsing with a shield :P
    Then onto my other toons,i have all classes to 90 now apart from pala 73 and hunter 72,if i decide one of them to be a main ill either level em up or pay from boost.
    But im finding it very hard to decide what to do.
    Ive almost a month yet to decide but the more i mess around with these toons the harder it gets.
    Currently hopping from one toon to another,i will say im enjoying leveling the hunter atm, i really like how they got rid fo a lot of pointless skills/spells.

Dcully wrote: »
    Struggling to decide on a main for WOD,holy priest with disc offspec was my main since release.
    Alts mostly rolled as healer too where possible.
    Im thinking of moving away from healing for WOD but cant decide what to do.
    I used my 90 boost for an old warrior toon considering tanking on it but partly why im moving away from healing is i want my playtime to be less stressful.
    Im not overly mad on the DPS specs of warriors but do like the idea of gladiator and dpsing with a shield :P
    Then onto my other toons,i have all classes to 90 now apart from pala 73 and hunter 72,if i decide one of them to be a main ill either level em up or pay from boost.
    But im finding it very hard to decide what to do.
    Ive almost a month yet to decide but the more i mess around with these toons the harder it gets.
    Currently hopping from one toon to another,i will say im enjoying leveling the hunter atm, i really like how they got rid fo a lot of pointless skills/spells.

Each class has their stressers if you are doing current raid content. If you want to just do low level stuff then DPS is definitely the least stressful.

I recommend trying out the likes of a hunter, they are the kings of soloing if your not a DK, you have the pet collecting side of it ect and as you are not a hybrid their is a good chance you will have decent dps on one spec.

I don't know if you will let go of your healer though, i find us healers play the class specifically for the challenge involved and the skill required at times to keep crappy groups up in both PVE/P. What i found was over reliance on the healer leads to boredom as you can only play with people.

If you dont like the play style of the class keep away from it by the way, its not worth it. I like the concept of the DK but i have never played it properly as the rotation ect bores me. How about you try a ret pally especially if alliance the lore values in the coming expac will be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Dammit, I'm going to resub aren't I? Have a Warlock main and a Paladin at 90 so might go for a Monk for my boost just for something totally different. How easy are they to pick up?

Monk's were the first class to have pruning done to them. They were created with abilities for the right job no real fluff.

I am not sure what they are like since the changes but i had to say i liked them and it helped that if you leveled from 1-90 they had class specific quests the only ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kasumi_Goto

Monk is my main and my favorite one. Haven't noticed any greater changes to them...yet.

Monks are enjoyable to heal with but i never liked their dps or tanking spec at all.

I think i'll stick with my Pally for now, as he was my first character back when i started. I enjoyed the class through Mists, and i definitely want to see the lore from an Alliance pov, so it was between him and my Warlock.

must, resist, returning...

Ill wait until WoD, play it a bit and then work on my final year project! :P

• Advertisement

Lads, don't resub just for this patch if you've already played during MoP. It's the exact same thing with about 2 hours of new gloss over it all. Come back in WoD and enjoy a new game.

Lads, don't resub just for this patch if you've already played during MoP. It's the exact same thing with about 2 hours of new gloss over it all. Come back in WoD and enjoy a new game.

I dunno,it really depends of when people quit MOP.
    For example i quit early so coming back now is great,timeless isle alone is enough to get decent gear and be somewhat ready for WOD.

I went back to pick up some old gear for transmog from UBRS and also to tame the spectral boar in RFK. Bit bored now that I've done the event quests!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I went back to pick up some old gear for transmog from UBRS and also to tame the spectral boar in RFK. Bit bored now that I've done the event quests!

Where do you play that your bored? i solo'd BWD lastnight, currently trying to solo Ulduar 25man and have a few guild events in between.

Lots going on right now.

Where do you play that your bored? i solo'd BWD lastnight, currently trying to solo Ulduar 25man and have a few guild events in between.

Lots going on right now.

Ah my guild hasnt really gotten going again yet so its quite quiet in my circles. Tamed Chimaeron earlier which was good fun. Probably will spend the next week soloing old raids and catching up on professions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement