Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marvel's Agent Carter

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭paulbok

Marvel are in danger of killing the golden goose with so many movies and now 'meh' tv shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

jenjenten wrote: »
    Not the best source, but it looks like Marvel are really pushing forward with their move into tv, hopefully better the SHIELD :o

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/hayley-atwell-lands-starring-role-2979171

The Mirror can be a bit hit & miss at times:
    “It means moving to LA for six months but her friends and family are all behind her, and this is a huge opportunity.” In October the actress, who has previously stared alongside Keira Knightley in the Oscar-winning 2008 film, The Duchess, addressed speculation about the mooted series.

Congratulations to her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Calling it now. It won't make it to season 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,557 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I gave up on Shield after 4 episodes and I can't see what they can do with this and I was a massive Marvel fan growing up with roughly 5000 comics from 20 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,526 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is this going to Netflix aswell?

• Advertisement

ABC has been ordered to series Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,890 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

On the strength of the short this is based on, I have high hopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I do like Hayley Atwell...

If they can get Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark in then this really could be a winner.

I know he appeared in the one-shot so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

If they can get Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark in then this really could be a winner.

I hope we see some of the Howling commandos reprise their roles as well!

Neal McDonough doesn't look like he is in any up coming tv series on imdb so maybe Dum Dum Dugan might appear :)

Triplett in Agents would be a good way to link the shows as well having his grandfather in this.

It looks like Agent Carter is only getting an 8 episdoe run and will be shown in the midseason break of Agents of Shield.

This hopefully will be a good thing one story told over 8 episodes with no filler episodes fingers crossed.

Link

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

It looks like Agent Carter is only getting an 8 episdoe run and will be shown in the midseason break of Agents of Shield.

This hopefully will be a good thing one story told over 8 episodes with no filler episodes fingers crossed.

Link
    heard that, it looks like well get a good 28 week block of marvel next season, the breaks really take away from the enjoyment of the show,

Dominic Cooper is in!

This just got a whole lot better :D
    Atwell let slip that Cooper would be joining her on the set of “Agent Carter.”

link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Honestly, I want to see the script and outlines for this show; the short film was interesting 'n all, and Carter seems like a potentially much more interesting figure than some of the other SHIELD agents given her era, but ultimately it's all down to the words on the page :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

140717shield-carter1-embed.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Recondite49

Cooper almost ruined Captain America for me. Ditto Mamma Mia. He has the kind of face that's screaming to be punched...

• Advertisement

Enver Gjokak is an unreal actor; really hope he gets to show his chops.

Agent Carter and the Howling Commandos :D:D:D:D

hayley-atwell-agents-of-shield-106494.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Enver Gjokak is an unreal actor; really hope he gets to show his chops.

I'd probably have given this a go anyway but with Gjokaj in it I'm now really looking forward to it. Can't wait to see him on screen again, he's fabulously talented.

It's Official: Dominic Cooper Boards ABC's 'Agent Carter'

:D:D
    Marvel made the announcement Tuesday, confirming that the actor will reprise his role as Howard Stark from Captain America: The First Avenger. Cooper reprised the character in a cameo in Marvel's Agent Carter one-shot, which served as the origin story for what would become ABC'sAgents of SHIELD bridge sho

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/official-dominic-cooper-boards-abcs-736757

The style of it look fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

• Advertisement

Marvel's Agent Carter, which premieres on Tuesday, January 6th at 8/7c on ABC, will kick things off with a two-hour premiere.

Agent Carter is now being called a "seven part" television event since this two-hour premiere is most likely the combination of two episodes, changing the initial reports of the show being eight parts.
    It's 1946 and peace has dealt Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy finds herself stuck doing administrative work when she would rather be back out in the field, putting her vast skills into play and taking down the bad guys. But she is also trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life, Steve Rogers – aka Captain America. When old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, “Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger”) finds himself being framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons to anyone willing to pony up the cash, he contacts Peggy -- the only person he can trust -- to track down those responsible, dispose of the weapons and clear his name. He empowers his butler, Edwin Jarvis (James D'Arcy), to be at her beck and call when needed to help assist her as she investigates and tracks down those responsible for selling these weapons of mass destruction. If caught going on these secret missions for Stark, Peggy could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison – or worse.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/marvels-agent-carter-gets-two-hour-premiere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,254 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Any word which channel is putting this show on my tellybox?

flazio wrote: »
    Any word which channel is putting this show on my tellybox?

No channel this side of the world has picked it up yet.

agent-carter-612x816-06ecf.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Advantage of getting them as they air in the States is at least we know we get to see it when it's intended. So unless RTE and Channel 4 get it to air during the SHIELD break, then there could be stuff happening in SHIELD viewers won't get.

Teaser from episode 1.

The style of the show looks amazing.

ustv-agent-carter-poster.jpg

Damn that RTÉ continuity announcer getting my hopes up for a second.
    He said there was more from the Marvel universe to come, before announcing that Avengers Assemble would be airing over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭spartacus815

So no word yet if either RTE2 or channel 4 will be airing this??

• Advertisement

So no word yet if either RTE2 or channel 4 will be airing this??

No it looks like neither have picked it up.

Netflix might because of there deal with Marvel if the others don't pick it up soon but thats just a guess.

No it looks like neither have picked it up.

Netflix might because of there deal with Marvel if the others don't pick it up soon but thats just a guess.

Netflix won't be allowed to air it on their UK Ireland site as it airs on US TV, they'll have to wait for a few months.

flazio wrote: »
    Netflix won't be allowed to air it on their UK Ireland site as it airs on US TV, they'll have to wait for a few months.

If they buy the rights they can air next night. They did it with breaking bad when no one picked up the rights to that show one episode a week

That was so fun and I loved the whole feel and style of post WW2 America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

Have not got around to viewing yet , usually give new series 3 eps and decide then.
    But is Agent Carter really just Marvel flooding its own market .

Gonna watch this later. Anyone who's seen it able to tell me if it follows directly from the one shot of same name or incorporates parts of it or what? Haven't watched the one shot in a while so will probably watch them back to back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Gonna watch this later. Anyone who's seen it able to tell me if it follows directly from the one shot of same name or incorporates parts of it or what? Haven't watched the one shot in a while so will probably watch them back to back.

follows on almost directly includes clips of it and the film to show what she was up to...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Very good first two episodes. Setting really helps set it apart from the rest of the Marvel stuff and Atwell is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

I'm about 6 episodes behind US pace on agents of SHIELD....does that matter to the storyline or anything? Should I catch up fully with agents before starting into this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Jarvis as the bumbling sidekick is quite funny, it's good so far will watch episode 2 later.

Am I right in thinking there are only 8 episodes planned?

• Advertisement
Advertisement