Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Tristram wrote: »
    No and yes.
    Thanks for clearing that one up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Why waste words? ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Not bothered with the show after the third ep. damp squib for me....meh.

Colour me surprised! :D

Not bothered with the show after the third ep. damp squib for me....meh.

Not enough teenage angst and prom night woes? :D

It's one of those great leisurely shows, the kind you don't feel compelled to watch week in week out but once you watch one you find yourself watching a two or three.

• Advertisement

Too boring and white "southern" trash for me taste...just plods along. Need a bit of wit or action, or sass, or a decent plot or arch!

Too boring and white "southern" trash for me taste...just plods along. Need a bit of wit or action, or sass, or a decent plot or arch!

There is a quite a bit of wit. Many of Raylan's everyday exchanges have a wonderful dry humour to them. Several good plot lines developing: relationship between Raylan and his father, relationship between Raylan and his ex-wife and Ava, Raylan's pursuit of Crowder Jnr. and the developing investigation into Crowder Snr. That's not to mention the storyline involving the Miami/Mexico drug cartel that has sights set on eliminating Raylan and just got involved in supplying ephedrine to Beau. Nothing happening in this show alright :D

Tristram wrote: »
    There is a quite a bit of wit. Many of Raylen's everyday exchanges have a wonderful dry humour to them. Several good plot lines developing: relationship between Raylen and his father, relationship between Raylan and his ex-wife and Ava, Raylen's pursuit of Crowder Jnr. and the developing investigation into Crowder Snr. That's not to mention the storyline involving the Miami/Mexico drug cartel that has sights set on eliminating Raylan and just got involved in supplying ephedrine to Beau. Nothing happening in this show alright :D

But at no time has Raylen invited two different women to the same event and then through a series of comical moments attempted to spend time with both without them realising.

But at no time has Raylen invited two different women to the same event and then through a series of comical moments attempted to spend time with both without them realising.

:D You're right Darko. I don't know why I'm wasting my time! Off now for a Glee marathon to make me feel better ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Just caught up on this show. Watched 12 episodes in 2 days. Really enjoyable and Timothy Olyphant is great. Season finale next week is it?

• Advertisement

^ aye...

tvnutz wrote: »
    Just caught up on this show. Watched 12 episodes in 2 days. Really enjoyable and Timothy Olyphant is great. Season finale next week is it?

Fair play. Some decent catch-up there!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Arlo-Raylan and Bo-Boyd conflicts come to a head in this first-season finale tonight

Its finale time already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Fûcking brilliant finale :D Really lived up to it's title :P Walton Goggins is amazing :D He was so good in this episode. Raylan's
    kill at the window :eek: He didn't waste a single bullet in the whole episode. One hit kills all round. Pure awesome. Sad to see MC Gainey die, though. Such a great actor and a terrific character.

All in all, a fúcking outstanding season. I cannot wait for season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Really good finale,very exciting. Roll on season 2.

Aggghhh not sure when I'll get to see this. Hopefully soon!

Brad Paisley doing Darrell Scott at the end, amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Thought the finale brought the whole season nicely to a close. The
    shoot out scene at the cabin
    was awesome! Really enjoyed this show and looking forward to next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Great show, really glad that I picked it up after the big American shows had finished up their runs.

Didn't dare venture into this thread until now as I was behind the whole time.

Raylan Givens is a great character. There's a lot places they can go with it in season 2.

It's been a pretty good year of TV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭C_Dawg

Can't wait :)

Lost physicist Jeremy Davies is joining FX's neo-Western Justified.

Davies is joining the show's season two cast in a heavily recurring role as a nemesis to Timothy Olyphant's U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens.

The setup is certainly intriguing: Davies plays "Dickie Bennett," the smartest of three brothers and a high school rival of Givens. Since Prohibition, the Bennett and Givens families have warred like the Hatfields and McCoys. Dickie's family traffics in weed, for which Bennett spent time in prison. He still walks with a limp due to an altercation with Raylan on the baseball field when they were both 17.

Best known to TV fans from his role as ever-distracted physicist Daniel Faraday on Lost, the Untitled Entertainment-repped Davies has an impressive list of theatrical credits including Saving Private Ryan, Rescue Dawn and Solaris.
    Justified makes its return in February with 13 episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good call - Jeremy Davies is a cracking actor..

basquille wrote: »
    Good call - Jeremy Davies is a cracking actor..

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

He looks like a hard man alright, but I hope Boyd Crowder is still involved, his nutter routine in series one was brilliant.

Joseph Lyle Taylor has signed up to appear in Justified.

The Hollywood Reporter says that the actor has landed a major recurring role in the FX series.

Taylor's character is said to be the brother of Dickie Bennett, who will be played by Jeremy Davies.

The duo come from a clan of marijuana growers and have a long rivalry with the family of Raylan Givens (Timothy Olyphant).

Justified is expected to return for new episodes in February on FX.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Justified-Margo-Martindale-1026309.aspx

Margo Martindale has joined the cast of Justified for the second season.
    Martindale, 59, will play Mags Bennett, a towering figure in the Harlan County criminal world. She's the matriarch of the Bennett clan, which has had a Hatfield and McCoys-type relationship with Raylan Givens and his family for years.
    The Bennetts have been the biggest pot farmers in Eastern Kentucky for generations, and they were bootleggers before that. Mags is described as a defender of the old ways, and even at her age, she's more dangerous than ever. As you can see in this exclusive first look at Season 2, that will quickly put her in Raylan's line of fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Gotta finish off season 1 before season 2 starts..

.. think I only got 2 - 3 episodes into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Same here..... Ploughing through Being Human at the moment. I think I'll do Justified next.

Advertisement