Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I cannot wait to see my 2-year old nephew in a couple of days. He keeps mentioning Santa by name and knows something is afoot :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The Vietnamese police raided my house two days ago because the neighbours told the police my gf lives here. Tried to register yesterday, but the police declined so she has to move out today.

Since found out my landlady wants an extra $300 a month and I guess that would make the problem go away.

Whatever you say about Ireland, at least the police don't raid your house and your landlady doesn't offer to solve the problem through money. Last Christmas, I broke my collar bone and this Christmas,i get forced to move out of my house.

Still love Vietnam, this is just a stark reminder that I live in a corrupt communist country.

I wish I could say you'd be surprised, but really, would you?

My news today so far-

My Xbox just crapped out on me. I wouldn't mind but I don't even use it to play games. It's a common enough problem where the DVD drive develops a mind of it's own and closes and ejects at random intervals. I haven't time to open it up now to fix the problem. I'll get to it tonight.

I might look at putting together a proper dedicated HTPC after Christmas. Right now I'm still in two minds about whether to get rid of sky or not. Television viewing has become painful paying €50 per month for advertisements shoved in your face every 15 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

My news

In on the train to Dublin and playing Sudoku with an old couple because old people seem to love me. I even shared my sandwich. Today has been a good day, so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

My News:

I woke up early and was still tired. I had to go get my heart checked in the hostiple today, the letter said no smoking before test. I thought about cheating and smoking, but then I got chicken and didn't smoke. I was grumpy.

I put on my bestest tracksuit botoms, they are bestest cos I don't do any excercise so they are always bestest.

When I got to the hostiple ther was no parking, cos a lot of people must be sick or having babies today.

I parked where a big sign says NO HOSTIPLE PARKING, I'm not a hostiple! so I parked there, if any mean person gave out, I would cry, yeah that was my plan.

In the hostiple I had to take off everything cept my bestest tracksuit bottoms and my bra, my knickers were still on, and my socks and shoes.

I had all sticky things stuck to my chest, lots of wires. Then the nice nurse made me get on the dreadmill. It was easy peasy, nice and slow.

a man doctor, he was about 12yrs old, he listened to my heart.

The nurses made the dread mill go faster.. and faster..and faster..

My poor heart, legs and bum. I was ascared, I had a bit of a pain in my chest, it was not nice. I got a fright. I had to do the dreadmill for 15 mins, I thought it was about 40000000000 miles.

I did not die, I am tired. My heart is ok, the nurses think. But I have to do no more smoking. Smoking is bad it makes your blood veins all fat and you die cos your heart is all fat and fatter.

I hope I don't die tomorrow when the world ends cos my heart is a good kinda ok heart. That would be bad if I died. If there is still a world tomorrow I am not smoking ever ever ever again cos if i do i could be dead.

Don't smoke or you will be dead.

fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

My news

Witnessed a car crash a couple of hours ago. Thankfully no one was hurt, but the sound of the bang so close to me nearly made me shit my pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

My News,

After my last few evenings ended in disaster, I am going to the Brew Dock for a well deserved pint.

• Site Banned Posts: 4 eth1

Washed the car with the power washer I build from scratch. Then went for a cycle to save petrol so really there was no point in washing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

My News-

I tried to make Rocky Road bars. The melted chocolate and butter went arse-ways and thick. Attempt No.1 = fail.
    I tried to make it again; the mix split and went grainy. It looked like overly minced meat. Attempt No.2 = fail.

Now I have crushed biscuits, mini mallows, cranberries and orange zest in a bowl and no clue what to do with them.

I'll try it again when I'm not filled with rage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My news

I got a lovely Christmas card from my sister in Australia and it made me smile :)

I cleaned the kitchen and living room, and it looks unreal :D

I then realised that I am officially old before my time :(

On the plus side, I'm getting a coffees machine later & dying my hair :D

That's my news

Sar_Bear :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

won a small amount of cash and some vouchers today and i'm also going out with a girl later who is wayyy out of my league (I dont say that often) and no she's not going out with me for the cash because she doesn't know about!!

Happy Christmas folks!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

My news.

Today I did some more building work. I'm building a man cave of sorts, or the Frankorium as I like to think of it. I was a bit angry with people today because I started this thread last night on boards, about how the disabled in Ireland are legally unprotected from abuse, and it kinda sank like a stone :(. I had a bath and I'm going to watch some TV now. Does anyone have any suggestions? Tomorrow I'm going to see my fiancee, yay!

That is my news

FrankThePlank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Today I had a drugs calculation exam and an interview...

This evening, I got offered a job on a vascular ward that I have wanted for a very long time!! YAY! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

At work this evening, racking up the overtime, as usual.
    My phone rings, It's the Missus.

'It's the school play tonight & our 7 year old daughter's playing Mary. You haven't forgotten, have you?

Me; Of course I haven't (I had!) . Be there shortly.

Got there just in time to see her on stage. I was in 'Ihopetojeezshedoesntmakeashowofus' mode.

As it happend, she did good. I was proud.

Afterward I asked her 'So did Teacher pick you out especially to play Mary?

She said 'Nah, nobody else wanted to, so I volunteered.

Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    My dog got bit by me ma's puppy and has cone around neck for the stitch's. Now Im drunk and skint but pointing and laughing at him.
    When I first opened that image, I thought you photoshopped your dog's head onto a picture of a plate. A strange moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

My News

Today it was raining patchily with the odd outbreak of mist, winds were east to southeast force 4-6, decreased to variable force 2-4 in the evening. Today I mostly worked in between resting. I jumped someone's car in the morning but their car stole all my car's power juice so I had to get my own car jumped by someone else. No good deed goes unpunished, that was my lesson for the day. I listened to some singing, and soon I have to work some more.

That was My News
    Where To

• Advertisement

Today’s news is brought to you by the letters M, and P.

M is for Malapropism, which is the act or habit of misusing words ridiculously, especially by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.

P is for Pleonasm, which is the use of more words than are necessary to express an idea.

Today it rained a lot and it was cold. I was cold. I did not have to go to work today.In the morning I worked from home. My Xbox broke this morning and I was annoyed. I use my Xbox to watch movies. In the afternoon I went out to my office where I do voluntary work. I get to meet interesting people who do not have much this Christmas.

I came home and had my dinner. I do not remember what I had for dinner. I did some more work at home and then took my Xbox apart. I could tell it was going to take more than a chewing gum wrapper and some duct tape to fix my Xbox. The magnet had come off the DVD drive. I glued it back on with some super glue. I was disappointed because I had no excuse to use my McGyver pen knife. It has saved me though on more than one occasion so I keep it handy. Teacher would confiscate it if he knew I had it so you have thirty seconds to memorise that last paragraph before it self-destructs.

Baywatch was not on tonight. It is on Friday nights at 7 oclock on movies4men, channel 325 on sky. Instead I watched soaps with my wife, until much to my relief there was a knock at the door. I opened the door and there was a man standing there looking important with his A4 clipboard. I thought he must be important. He told me he was from Airtricity and wanted to save me money on my bills. I asked him for his identification because my mam always told me to check for identification. He was indeed from Airtricity, so I let him continue.

He asked me did I have an electricity bill. I told him I do not, because I do paperless billing. Then he asked me how much electricity I use, and I told him my wife takes care of all that stuff so I have no idea. He asked me a few more questions and showed me some flashy brochures. He did not save me any money on my bills. He said good night and knocked on my neighbour’s door. I told him my neighbour was probably with Airtricity already. He inquired how I knew this. I told him my neighbour also works for Airtricity and often knocks on my door offering to save me money on my bills. He does not save me money on my bills either. Then I closed my door quickly as it looked like the man was readying himself to fling his important looking A4 clipboard at me the same way the teacher looks at me when he is about to let fly with the chalk duster when I am not paying attention.

I watched some more television and then I took a bath. I stayed in the bath and played with my rubber ducky until my skin turned wrinkly. My wife was not happy that I had splashed water all over the floor. I mopped it up and then shaved my face and my ears and my nose. I also clipped my nails and made a little pile on the floor. Again my wife asked who was going to clean that up. I figured since she didn’t clean the bathroom, that I was also supposed to clean up my nail pile. My wife was not amused when I tried to see could I suck the baubles off the Christmas tree with the vacuum cleaner. I couldn’t.

Then I put away the vacuum cleaner and brushed my teeth and put on my pyjamas and got ready for bed.

- THE END -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

My new's, Today I have the end of the world and I'll finish the Christmas Shopping on Saturday

Weather :It's foggy

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My News.

We were burgled yesterday.. They got nothing, looks like they were looking for cash or jewelry.. and were on foot.

Ransacked one bedroom completely and in another stopped short of actually finding a large sum of money which my Partner had stashed to make his end of year payments to the builder's providers.. We reckon I must have came home just in time and disturbed them.

Really took the sting out of it to find that the little fúckwits got away with nothing, and don't know how close they came to a windfall.. Fúck you toerags.. every penny has gone to the Bank this morning.

You 0 - Us 1.. Happy Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jenniferalan

That's terrible, im glad they didn't get their mitts on the money

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

My News,

today I am getting my new dog, that I am rescuing from my OH brother. He is not treating her very well. She is black alsatian and I am a bit apprehensive as I did not want a pet at all but I just dont want to see an abused animal. Her name is apparently Sarah but I intend to change that to Dovahkiin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

today is a good day so far... the sun is out! the days start getting longer from today. hubby's off for christmas holidays from this afternoon.
    yesterday i swapped my old camera for an iphone 4s. yeee!
    we have our labrador a year yesterday also.

she's a cute dog :)
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/27918_10151354050036163_375649354_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

My news. Woke up feeling pretty pleased with myself about how my date went last night. So I had a peddle and crank. Then the hangover set in, I rarely drink so I'm dying. Also see that I spent a fortune. Not pleased with that one. Delighted I didn't have to work today. Got a message from the chick from last night and she wants to do it again, extra happy now.

I see we are all still alive so as you can guess I'm over the focking moon at this stage.

About to go and pick up loads of dog crap. Happiness downgraded a tiny bit.

My News:

Today the world didn't end. That is good news. I won a prize in a raffle in a shop. I won a wash and blowdry for my hair. My hair is kinda tangly so this is good prize. My friend Andrew said "Wash & Blowjob", then he nearly peed his pants cos he was laughing lots. My hair isn't than tangly or funny!

Because the world didn't end I have to stop smoking now, cos I said I would, like a promise, I said I would. I'm raging I said it cos now my heart is all sad and fat. I like smoking, it is stinky and yuck but my body likes it. But my heart doesn't or my veins they are fat. Promise is a has to be done.

I still have to rape some presents, i liks raping presents, cept when the sellotape sticks to my tangly hair. If I had my blowjob the sellotape won't stick to my hair. Tonight I will finish rapeing all my christmas presents.

Only four more sleeps til santa gets his fat bum in my chimley, I hope he doesn't have a fat heart cos then he would be dead and i would be sad and grumpy cos I will be grumpy with no smoking.

I have to work tomorrow so I will probably be grumpy, but it's Christmas so I might be happy.

fox

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

foxinsox wrote: »
    My News:

Today the world didn't end. That is good news. I won a prize in a raffle in a shop. I won a wash and blowdry for my hair. My hair is kinda tangly so this is good prize. My friend Andrew said "Wash & Blowjob", then he nearly peed his pants cos he was laughing lots. My hair isn't than tangly or funny!

Because the world didn't end I have to stop smoking now, cos I said I would, like a promise, I said I would. I'm raging I said it cos now my heart is all sad and fat. I like smoking, it is stinky and yuck but my body likes it. But my heart doesn't or my veins they are fat. Promise is a has to be done.

I still have to rape some presents, i liks raping presents, cept when the sellotape sticks to my tangly hair. If I had my blowjob the sellotape won't stick to my hair. Tonight I will finish rapeing all my christmas presents.

Only four more sleeps til santa gets his fat bum in my chimley, I hope he doesn't have a fat heart cos then he would be dead and i would be sad and grumpy cos I will be grumpy with no smoking.

I have to work tomorrow so I will probably be grumpy, but it's Christmas so I might be happy.

fox

Someone's had too much to drink..

Never heard of "raping presents before" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

My friend rang me from England to tell me his dog , Wankbag , had died.
    I'm sad for my friend cause he really loved Wankbag , that wasn't his real name it was just what the neighbours called him.

Wankbag was intellectually challenged according to the bloke who tried to train him for my friend .

So he had a good life , was well fed , chased many a car and shat in every conceivable place.

R.I.P. Wankbag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My news,

Today I woke up with a horrible cough. I knew I was going to because in my dreams last night I could hear myself wheezing. My Dad said he could hear me wheezing through the walls. I don't believe him. He can barely hear the telly on full blast. Old fool. Still smoking away even though I have this awful cough. My brain tells me it'll be ok but it never is.

I went shopping for sweets to eat over Christmas. I got something for santa to eat too. Santa doesn't visit me anymore but I leave stuff out for him anyway just in case. I also leave the fire door open for him too, not that the fat bastard could fit.

I made hot chocolate for my niece and nephew but they said it was the worst hot chocolate they ever tasted. Ungrateful children!
    I also finished my assignment for college and submitted before I had time to over-think it. I don't think it's too shabby though! I like college and I'm bored of Christmas holidays already. Can't wait to go back. I told my Mother this today and she said I'm never happy which I thought was mean. I won't talk to her for the rest of the day now.

Right now I'm gonna feed my dog. She's the only one who understands!

The end.

My News

Today I don't really care about the weather. I am too tired and grumpy. Everybody is out enjoying themelves and singing Christmas songs. Christmas songs don't sound as good when you are drunk as when you are sober. I also had to pretend I was angry at someone earlier when I wasn't really angry at them at all, but I had to get my point across. I'm not really an angry person.

That was My News

Where To

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Where To wrote: »
    My News

Today I don't really care about the weather. I am too tired and grumpy. Everybody is out enjoying themelves and singing Christmas songs. Christmas songs don't sound as good when you are drunk as when you are sober. I also had to pretend I was angry at someone earlier when I wasn't really angry at them at all, but I had to get my point across. I'm not really an angry person.

That was My News

Where To

I've done this before, because it's not normally the expected reaction, and hope someone will go away and think about their actions. Behind it all is good intentions though.

Great thread btw, some usual AH responses and some honest accounts, great mix :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

My news:

Today I finished my christmas shopping! When I was driving home from town a driver swirved onto the other side of the road and knocked off my wing mirror. I checked the car for damages and then ate a Cadbury Wispa which made me feel better!

Mugatuu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭RosyLily

My News-

I went to the Big Shmoke to visit friends; one of them was home from England. We went to dinner. Two friends couldn't make it - one had made other plans (lie) and the other had to rush home (lie). They lie a lot. They are no longer my friends. Lies make the baby Jesus cry.

I bought more chocolate to attempt Rocky Road bars again. I also bought star anise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Arrived back in Ireland this evening for Christmas, happy out and very excited! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

today i woke up and instead of doing some work i cleaned around the place, watched tv then went to the shop and bought rashers, came home and cooked some of them.
    the end

Dear Teacher,

Please excuse Huey from not having his homework done. His flask cracked and leaked ribena all over his school bag.

Yours sincerely,
    Huey's mum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

As of a few minutes ago its my boyfriends birthday. He lost his sisters 4 weeks ago so is not celebrating. I am heartbroken for him. I think I will surprised him with a birthday booty call.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

I realised just now that the turkey box - a boxed big turkey breast - that I'd bought yesterday for Christmas wasn't in the fridge, a huge bag of potatoes is also missing. Searched high and low for both of them.
    Dug up the supermarket receipt to find neither was listed.
    With an empty trolley we had made a beeline to get the turkey first. A woman standing there was looking for advice on them. We must have put our turkey into her trolley, that's the only explanation I can come up with.
    Have absolutely no idea what happened to the potatoes.
    Will have to run back to the supermarket today and 're-buy'.

I haven't time to do My News properly today. Well I have time but I can't be bothered. It is weatery outside and a lot of things broke down on me, as yhey always do just before Christmas, mostly fixed again though. :)

I got this text message a few minutes ago which gave me a laugh

'Ye thur. Is thur a house lyin in a front a ur bus'

Drunk people are silly.

Where To

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

My News

Got the majority of the xmas food today. Nothing left for treats or drink thanks to my cooker dying and having to buy a new one. But can't complain.....know some friends will arrive with lots of spare beer over the next few days :D

Going to bed happy then :)

My News - Weekend Edition.

I got very very drunk on Friday night, and shit got crazy. I died yesterday but I'm ok today.

I had the best night sleep I've had in weeks last night :D Would love to spend the day in bed... I actually might :D

I still have so much to do for Christmas... Someone come clean my apartment :(

That's my news.

Sar_Bear :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Seafields' news....

First day of Christmas holidays today and off for a week. Refuse to engage my brain any further.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I am now bored by the holidays. The only thing to do is drink and eat. Looking forward to after New Year when life can once again commence and I can find some stimulation.
    I'm going to watch some films or something to amuse myself and see how long it takes before I have a drink.

My news

I'm bored off my tits and kinda wish I was hungover so I could sleep for the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My news,

There is no alcohol in my house. This scares and confuses me.

The end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

My wife , Mrs Mattjack made me ring my friend in England who's dog , Wankbag died.(see post 226)

Normally my wife couldn't give a fuck about my friends but she was sad too ,she likes him and his wife.

So I rang England and my friends wife answered the phone , she's from Newcastle , my took the phone off me and they started talking about stuff.After a while my friend talked to me, he felt a bit better .He didn,t like his neighbours but some of them called over and said they were sad too.

I,m going to see him in February for my birthday.

My News:

I was at work today, it was busy. I have only one more day to work then I am off for ages. I'm very tired.

I am watching TV and there is a show on about all the top bestest greatest toys ever, it is very good show. It is Jonathan Woss telling about the toys, it is on the Channel 4.

It makes me feel funny to remember the toys Santy brought me years ago, Rubik's Cube, Slinky, Atari, Play Doh, Spirograph and gazillions more.

Now I feel a bit old and hope Santy will remember me and be able to find me maybe, cos I don't live with my Mammy and Daddy anymore.

fox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

My News:

I got up at 9am and ran 8 miles. I had a glass of orange juice. I went for banana pancakes and coffee in Junos and read a book about..what was it again, oh yeah - making your memory better. Then I went to the zoo on the way home. The monkey looked at me and smiled and then I smiled back, also 2 rhinos were fighting and I videod them. I made a delicious prawn pil pil dish just now and I am watching 'friends' the hit TV comedy show, it's the one where ross wears leather pants. That's all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

MY NEWS AND NOT YOUR NEWS!

Today, I woke up at 8am. I went outside and I fed the chickens and I also stole the eggs. I fed the dog and the cat afterwards. My dog is called Josephine Henrietta and she is very beautiful, she likes going to the river. One time we went to the river and she nearly jumped off the bridge in excitement but I caught her in time.

I watched cartoons all morning until around 12:30 then we all headed out for dinner. The girl who served us was very pretty. I got salmon and it was nice.

It is now 18:00 and I am here writing this. There won't be much happening later on, I imagine. I might go to sleep early, maybe like 9-10pm.

From Andrew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

The News of Acciaccatura

Today I got up at 9.30 after a bad night's sleep and went to Mass with the family. Then I bought Christmas clothes because I hadn't a screed bought for the day. After that I went back home, had lunch, talked to the cats through the window and went to deliver a present to my friend's house who, it turned out, wasn't there. In the late afternoon my family wanted to go back into town to get confession for Christmas, but as it turns out there was none on, so my mother's a bit put out that we still have sin on our conscience or something. I'm not too distraught, to be honest. That brings us to the present where I am currently procrastinating tidying my habitat, or bedroom, I think it was once :P

Those are the headlines, a very good evening to you.
    Acciaccatura

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Still have that cough and me oven is broken, needs a new element. Prob won't get it fixed til New Year now!

Haven't moved off the couch all day except to piss and to shower (but not piss in the shower :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My news,

I don't normally post personal stuff on the internet but today I will make an exception because I'm on a high. My Mum got diagnosed with kidney cancer a month ago and went into hospital Christmas eve to have her kidney and the motherfcuker of a tumour who was hitching a ride removed.

The op went well and she will be home soon.

It was a good Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

My news,

Emerged from my wine coma at lunch time. Ate, watched movies, ate some more, watched some more movies. Nursed my hangover.

That's my news,

cazzzzz.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement