Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

today i put on a shirt that i had bought from penneys a short while ago. it'd been worn once and then washed (in cold water and hung to dry). when i put it on today, i noticed the sleeves had shrank three inches. i feel like the hulk about to burst through this top. i suppose that's what you get from buying clothes in penneys.

i have to let the dog out now. it's raining.

fin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

My News

Same ****. Different day.
    In work. Depressed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My News today..

I've just had a cup of coffee and I'm feeling pretty spritely.. Going to go and dress my little boy and go buy the last of my Christmas cards.. and then I'm going to spend the day wrapping presents and watching Christmas films..

I'm not gonna lie.... Life is pretty fcuking good right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Inky_Lady

This is my news.
    Last night I stayed in a bargain hotel room in the big shmoke. Got bored & dyed my hair in the hotel bathroom so as to avoid messing up my own bathroom at home. But I managed to avoid staining anything which was surprising! Hair is pleasingly brightly coloured ^_^ Went for dinner, ate a starter and was too full to eat a main course, appetite is failing and it scares me because I'm fading away.
    Today is my last day in hospital. I have a chronic illness which means that every few weeks I have to come into hospital for treatment. It's boring and long. My veins are tired from canulas and why are the lights so bright in hospitals?! Hair looks a bit mad under bright lights. Sigh. My blood results are not good. Have to start taking even more tablets. Will try not to think about it.
    Back to the hotel after the treatment today. Will drink lots of tea for the afternoon and maybe wander around the internets or go to the cinema if I'm not too dizzy. Staying in the hotel again tonight, it's nice but I miss my kitten. I hope she is not lonely :-(
    Tonight, I will have some wine :-) Tomorrow- kittencuddles!
    That was my news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Yesterday I went to my parents to help my mum order a present for my gf. My 20mo niece was there and she wasn't well, she was pale, listless, whingy and kept holding her head. I'm quite worried about her. The doctor had been but just said it's 'one of those things'. That makes me angry. My dad didn't seem too well, he has a delusional psychosis and sometimes he finds it hard to communicate. My gf's other present has come, so I'll be installing it today. Great sex last night. So far today I've gotten paid and ordered my brother's fiance's Xmas present. Two more presents to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭martic

Today I watched Ann horse 2 jars of jam into her, Ann likes jam, Barry was very cross as 1 of the jars of jam that Ann devoured was his and Barry likes jam too. Barry ran to the kitchen to complain were he found daddy taking a break from moving the lawn an was doing something very strange to mammy as she was trying to make the tea.

Today is very wet and cloudy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Yesterday, I got up at 6.30 in the morning, to spend the day travelling to an interview.

Got a bit lost, made it to the interview, didn't know where to get lunch, so I bought a pizza slice at the hot counter in a shop. Won €2 after buying a €1 scratchcard.

I didnt have my first cup of tea until 6pm, before getting the bus home. I was tired and I had migraine from the pizza slice. Spent 3 hours on a bus home. Threw up twice in the toilet of the bus. Some cnut spent 3 hours talking on her phone, should have thrown up on her for not letting me sleep.

Got home, in bed at half 10 and vomited blood before sleeping. I hate migraines, feels like a hangover but without the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

Today I am very tired as I was babysitting last night. The number 15 bus was like a tin or sardines today and I felt completely crushed. I had a hard morning in work and will be treating myself to ramen for lunch.

Tonight I will go home and play boardgames with my other half. It is the only thing getting me through the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

ItsNoAlias wrote: »
    Today I am very tired as I was babysitting last night. The number 15 bus was like a tin or sardines today and I felt completely crushed. I had a hard morning in work and will be treating myself to ramen for lunch.

Tonight I will go home and play boardgames with my other half. It is the only thing getting me through the day.

Ooh, what boardgames do you play? Myself and hubby love Settlers of Catan but you can't really play with only 2 people (although one of the expansions we have has a two person version but it's crap). Would love to get some other ones we can play just the two of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Laika1986

My News,

Sitting at home writing programs for College and my kettle mysteriously starts boiling...

Even scarier is the fact that Home and Away isn't on this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭ItsNoAlias

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Ooh, what boardgames do you play? Myself and hubby love Settlers of Catan but you can't really play with only 2 people (although one of the expansions we have has a two person version but it's crap). Would love to get some other ones we can play just the two of us.

Tonight we will probably play Dominion or Fluxxx tonight. I also love Settlers, only got to play it twice since I bought it as we never have enough people either. You should try Smallworld & my favorite, Ticket to Ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

ItsNoAlias wrote: »
    Tonight we will probably play Dominion or Fluxxx tonight. I also love Settlers, only got to play it twice since I bought it as we never have enough people either. You should try Smallworld & my favorite, Ticket to Ride.

Will look into all those suggestions:) Might be nice to get for my hubby as an extra Xmas present. Is there anywhere in Dublin you can buy direct though, does anyone know? I don't know of any games shops and it's too late to order online.

It is a pain that Settlers needs 3 people. We're planning on playing lots with family over Christmas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Today

On boards, I am now about to begin watching Taken 2 while scoffinng a bag of mandarins. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Am sitting in my parents house watching them snooze on the sofa after just arriving home from Florida. So glad to have them home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Adyx wrote: »
    Finally news I can use!

Today I got my hair cut and got some Christmas shopping done. I also got photos done because I have my theory test tomorrow. I hate getting my photo taken. :mad:
    Quick news update! I passed my theory test but of course my photo looks ****e. One present left to get but I have no idea what to buy. I'm still not sure what day it is. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Archeron wrote: »
    I noticed today that my red setter smells like feet and monster munch.
    Laughed out loud on my own in the car at that one, hope nobody saw me. Random as hell :D
    MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Today I am tired after a bad night's sleep. At the age of 30 my husband paid his first visit to Coppers and I had to hear all about it at 3.30am. Did you know it is packed and the toilets are hard to find? I do, because I heard it ten times.

Then I heard him puking at 6am and I laughed - I have been puking for 2 months at this stage and I have no sympathy.

Now he is at home in bed on a day off and I'm at work - not laughing anymore :(
    Yeah, but he's probably still in bits, some consolation :pac:
    Got home, in bed at half 10 and vomited blood before sleeping. I hate migraines, feels like a hangover but without the drink.
    You need to look after yourself HLW, get that checked out.

Today so far... nice casual on my own shopping. Was freezing and sorry for myself this morning, so I bought myself a nice warm cardigan. I picked up some shopping for Christmas in Marks and Spencer, their food gives me a happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I know how ye feel. Just lost a tenner on a retarded bloody horse in folkestone :(
    Why would you place a Bet on a retarded and bloody horse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Korvanica wrote: »
    Why would you place a Bet on a retarded and bloody horse?

I think im dumb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

My OH and I got a new bed delivered a couple of days ago and it is like sleeping on a particularly big, soft and luxurious marshmallow. Got new bedding to go with it as well - 400 Egyptian thread count linen and goose feather pillows....we're in our element! We're both bed monsters so it has caused such excitement and delight - can't wait to get in there again later! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

got up, said id go on a cycle for the day, looked outside and thought better of it, been on boards since :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My news,

Today I woke up at 7.30am to get Eminem tickets ( I'm not a scumbag I swear) got them, fell back asleep and only woke up an hour ago.
    May aswell just stay in bed for the night now... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Today, I woke up at 7am, had a cup of tea and back to bed. Got up at 11. Squeezed into a pair of pants that was a size too small. I think its time to hit the gym. Thats my news years resolution.

The family said not to buy xmas presents for each other. Money is tight. Fine by me but I bought my own xmas present. That came by courier today. Xmas will be good.

I walked to the shops and got home and realised I had a hole in the arse of my pants. Must of bent down somewhere. I cant think if I did or not. I hope no one noticed. I did have the same colour underwear as the pants, so maybe not.

Thats it really. Il probably take it easy this evening. Il watch fair city later on and I might sew my pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

My News:

Today @ approximately 2pm, i saw a man dressed as a chicken, standing on dame street and apparently minding his own business - no fliers, no sales pitch, nothing like that - just a man dressed as a chicken.
    Well i suppose it could have been a woman either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Today, I woke up at 7am, had a cup of tea and back to bed. Got up at 11. Squeezed into a pair of pants that was a size too small. I think its time to hit the gym. Thats my news years resolution.

The family said not to buy xmas presents for each other. Money is tight. Fine by me but I bought my own xmas present. That came by courier today. Xmas will be good.

I walked to the shops and got home and realised I had a hole in the arse of my pants. Must of bent down somewhere. I cant think if I did or not. I hope no one noticed. I did have the same colour underwear as the pants, so maybe not.

Thats it really. Il probably take it easy this evening. Il watch fair city later on and I might sew my pants.

ha holy pants, the talk of the town so you are

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andypandy1

I decided to put together the 3 year olds Christmas Pressie from Santa, her first bike - opened it up and theres parts and instructions missing - Bah humbug SMYTHS toys.
    My news tomorrow will be "man arrested for inserting Hello Kitty bike parts into the manager of major toy store retailer....

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

andypandy1 wrote: »
    I decided to put together the 3 year olds Christmas Pressie from Santa, her first bike - opened it up and theres parts and instructions missing - Bah humbug SMYTHS toys.
    My news tomorrow will be "man arrested for inserting Hello Kitty bike parts into the manager of major toy store retailer....

You joined boards in 2009 and this is your first post? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

andypandy1 wrote: »
    This happened to me too. Bought a little trike thing for my niece, only we found out on Christmas day it was missing a wheel. you will still have a chance to take it back at least.

Lesson learned for me, always always check the parts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Day 3:

Saigon … ****; I'm still only in Saigon … Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now … waiting for a mission … getting softer; every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 andypandy1

james142 wrote: »
    You joined boards in 2009 and this is your first post? :cool:

I have been busy :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

My News.

Today it was wet in the morning, overcast with intermittent showers in the afternoon. Not much else happened. I worked and then I bought a key fob and magic trees on ebay. Half snoozing now.

That was My News

Where To

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Today is Wednesday. I have one more day of work left. If I make it that far.

Presents all bought. Though I lost a jar of sauce on my way home. €2 down the road (drain). Sick of eating. Why can't I be sick and have no appetite. Quick, someone give me AIDS.

Tomorrow is Thursday. I'm slightly worried, stupidly, that the world is going to end on Friday.

That is my news.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭PandyAndy

my news today i bought my sister her kris kringle presents which was the love/hate dvds and some benefit makeup which she wanted. the girl who sold me the makeup was very pretty. then i went to see the hobbit because i had nothing else to do and i was bored. it had lots of stuff that wasnt in the book which i did not like but it was still pretty good. then i went to bed to have a nap at 2pm because ive been up since 7pm yesterday evening. i got back up at 6pm and have just been playing on the internet since. heres tom with the weather. from andrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

PandyAndy: was the hobbit any good?

Yea, it was good. I only reread The Hobbit a week ago so I picked up on everything that missing from the film, or wasn't in the book but was added anyway. I'd recommend it though.

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Yea, it was good. I only reread The Hobbit a week ago so I picked up on everything that missing from the film, or wasn't in the book but was added anyway. I'd recommend it though.

Yeah, I'll go see it myself, you got me wondering now should I reread the book again first. Hmmm decision decisions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Today I got out of the wrong side of my bed but I'm determined to get in the right side tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Woke up this morning with severe tummy cramps after surgery yesterday. Took strong painkillers didn't work took more got to sleep finally at 9.30. Pain all gone, spent day on sofa with hubbie and dogs minding me. Surgery a complete success, now hopefully we can have babies :-) Very big news for us. Happy Christmas AHers.

Yeah, I'll go see it myself, you got me wondering now should I reread the book again first. Hmmm decision decisions.

Maybe watch it first then reread it. That way you won't pick up on the all missing/extra stuff when you watch it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I viewed a gaff that might be livable. I'm a little hungover. There's a bottle of Jack in the car and it's calling me.

PandyAndy wrote: »
    Maybe watch it first then reread it. That way you won't pick up on the all missing/extra stuff when you watch it.

But then when I reread it i'll have all the actors and scenery in my head. It's the ongoing book/movie dilemma.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Today

On boards, I am now about to begin watching Taken 2 while scoffinng a bag of mandarins. :)
    It's crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

My News for today: I was given 2 big bags of those variety bars at work for doing someone a small good deed yesterday :)

Other newsies: We've decided on our 2nd set of January holiers, now just gotta go book my flights! (1st already booked for Scotland-Glasgow, Edinburgh & Aberdeen) :)

My News.

Today I was mostly happy because I finished my exams yesterday and for the first time in ages I didn't have to think about college and study. I was mad though when my ex-lawyer called looking for money, I wanted to shout "Get lost you damn thieving cheat" but I had to be polite. Damn lawyers. The dog is dead. I'm looking forward to seeing my fiancee because I miss her. I'm starting to feel Christmassy.

That is my news.

FrankThePlank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

My News

Today I had my first sick day off work in years. Had a stomach bug so slept most of the day. Got up, felt a lot better and even managed some pasta. Might take tomorrow off too just to make sure I'm over it and well for Christmas. Might also stick 20 quid on Borussia Dortmund to win the Champions League before the last 16 draw tomorrow afternoon.

That was my news,
    kwestfan08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

My news-

I cancelled some stuff I was meant to do this evening so I could study for an exam I have tomorrow night. I made gingerbread biscuits instead. They weren't nice.

I'm dead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Today’s news is brought to you by the letter “V”.

V is for voluptuous. Not many people know how to spell voluptuous. Apparently up to ten minutes ago, I didn’t know how to spell it either. I looked it up.

And so, on with today’s news. I have lots of news today. Iwill try not to repeat myself a lot as I have been told I repeat myself a lot.This morning I was up at stupid o’ clock again. I made breakfast this morning and cooked scrambled egg on toast. I was going to make boiled eggs and soldiers, but I dropped the eggs on the floor. Scrambled egg it was then.

I went to work. I met my wife at lunch time for coffee. We went to Gloria Jeans. Gloria Jean was not there. The girl that brought over my coffee told me there was free wifey in therestaurant. I told her I had one already thanks, directing her stare in the direction of my wife. I think she misunderstood.

I finished my lunch. I had a caramel flapjack with my coffee. I like caramel flapjacks but the oaty bottom sometimes gets stuck in my teeth. I missed my toothbrush. I had a meeting in the afternoon. Imagining people naked to calm one’s nerves does not work, especially when she is rather attractive.

After my meeting I met my wife again. She had some last last last minute Christmas shopping to do. I think she is a secret shopper for Santa. We went into Deals (Teacher will be impressed that I noticed the shop cannot spell. It is spelt “Deals”, not “Dealz”). Everything in the shop is €1.49. That makes a lot of cents, but not a lot of sense.

I think Adele works in Deals. She had her hair in a bun. She was voluptuous. I bought some Horrid Henry books. They were €1.49 for two. Horrid Henry books are €8 in Easons. I could see why they call it Deals because this was indeed a good deal. I also bought a book on W.B. Yeats and a book on James Joyce. They were €1.49 for two. The other books were Gay Byrne and Bono. I had no idea who these people were, so I read the back of the books. One is an antique who used to present an antiques show, the other is God.

After Deals, we went into a calendar shop. My wife asked me did I want a sexy secretary calendar, or a Mila Kunis calendar. I see girls with sexy bums every day, but I do not see girls with Mila Kunis’ eyes and smile every day. I do not see Adele every day. I will go into Deals more often. They do not have Adele calendars. Mila Kunis will have to do.

We went to Tesco to buy some food for dinner. The oaty flapjack I had earlier came back to haunt me as I unexpectedly broke wind in a crowded aisle. My wife told me to grow up. I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up. I could be a hipster, or I could be a brony. It would be ironic if I became a brony because I don’t like ponies. I got trampled by a pony when I was younger. That was also the day I discovered that everything you see on TV is not real. The horse stood still while Dusty took a running jump and vaulted upon the horse from behind. My horse did not stand still. My horse did Riverdance on my body before Riverdance was cool. My horse doing Riverdance on my head was not cool. When I grow up I think I might be a Hippy, which is a Hipster Brony. I can say I was a hippy before hippys were cool.

When I got home, I helped to make dinner. We had chicken and rice for dinner. I do not like brown rice. It gives me gas. The people in Tesco do not like gas, and contrary to popular opinion- one does NOT always like the smell of one’s own brand either.

After dinner I watched some TV. The laundry man called to drop off our laundry. I asked him did he want to come in for coffee but then I unexpectedly broke wind again and the laundry man said he had to be somewhere.

I watched some more TV and now I am going to brush my teeth,put on my pyjamas and get ready for bed.

- Huey Lewis

- THE END -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Today’s news is brought to you by the letter “V”.

V is for voluptuous. Not many people know how to spell voluptuous. Apparently up to ten minutes ago, I didn’t know how to spell it either. I looked it up.

And so, on with today’s news. I have lots of news today. Iwill try not to repeat myself a lot as I have been told I repeat myself a lot.This morning I was up at stupid o’ clock again. I made breakfast this morning and cooked scrambled egg on toast. I was going to make boiled eggs and soldiers, but I dropped the eggs on the floor. Scrambled egg it was then.

I went to work. I met my wife at lunch time for coffee. We went to Gloria Jeans. Gloria Jean was not there. The girl that brought over my coffee told me there was free wifey in therestaurant. I told her I had one already thanks, directing her stare in the direction of my wife. I think she misunderstood.

I finished my lunch. I had a caramel flapjack with my coffee. I like caramel flapjacks but the oaty bottom sometimes gets stuck in my teeth. I missed my toothbrush. I had a meeting in the afternoon. Imagining people naked to calm one’s nerves does not work, especially when she is rather attractive.

After my meeting I met my wife again. She had some last last last minute Christmas shopping to do. I think she is a secret shopper for Santa. We went into Deals (Teacher will be impressed that I noticed the shop cannot spell. It is spelt “Deals”, not “Dealz”). Everything in the shop is €1.49. That makes a lot of cents, but not a lot of sense.

I think Adele works in Deals. She had her hair in a bun. She was voluptuous. I bought some Horrid Henry books. They were €1.49 for two. Horrid Henry books are €8 in Easons. I could see why they call it Deals because this was indeed a good deal. I also bought a book on W.B. Yeats and a book on James Joyce. They were €1.49 for two. The other books were Gay Byrne and Bono. I had no idea who these people were, so I read the back of the books. One is an antique who used to present an antiques show, the other is God.

After Deals, we went into a calendar shop. My wife asked me did I want a sexy secretary calendar, or a Mila Kunis calendar. I see girls with sexy bums every day, but I do not see girls with Mila Kunis’ eyes and smile every day. I do not see Adele every day. I will go into Deals more often. They do not have Adele calendars. Mila Kunis will have to do.

We went to Tesco to buy some food for dinner. The oaty flapjack I had earlier came back to haunt me as I unexpectedly broke wind in a crowded aisle. My wife told me to grow up. I am not sure what I want to be when I grow up. I could be a hipster, or I could be a brony. It would be ironic if I became a brony because I don’t like ponies. I got trampled by a pony when I was younger. That was also the day I discovered that everything you see on TV is not real. The horse stood still while Dusty took a running jump and vaulted upon the horse from behind. My horse did not stand still. My horse did Riverdance on my body before Riverdance was cool. My horse doing Riverdance on my head was not cool. When I grow up I think I might be a Hippy, which is a Hipster Brony. I can say I was a hippy before hippys were cool.

When I got home, I helped to make dinner. We had chicken and rice for dinner. I do not like brown rice. It gives me gas. The people in Tesco do not like gas, and contrary to popular opinion- one does NOT always like the smell of one’s own brand either.

After dinner I watched some TV. The laundry man called to drop off our laundry. I asked him did he want to come in for coffee but then I unexpectedly broke wind again and the laundry man said he had to be somewhere.

I watched some more TV and now I am going to brush my teeth,put on my pyjamas and get ready for bed.

- Huey Lewis

- THE END -
    Brilliant :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,958 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Today , I did not sleep.

I went to Santa with the kids after a night shift, had a meal out with my family then 4 can of Guinness watching a tv program about Giant Waves and the Tsunami of 2004.

Life is hard and amazing and tragic and great - sometimes all in the one day.

I wish my days were less full and with less fear. I wish I knew how good I have it.

I also had my first mulled wine of the year - a taste, a memory, from a time in my life when it was easier and less complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My news

I'm irrationally angry and grumpy. And it's everyone's fault but mine :pac:

The Vietnamese police raided my house two days ago because the neighbours told the police my gf lives here. Tried to register yesterday, but the police declined so she has to move out today.

Since found out my landlady wants an extra $300 a month and I guess that would make the problem go away.

Whatever you say about Ireland, at least the police don't raid your house and your landlady doesn't offer to solve the problem through money. Last Christmas, I broke my collar bone and this Christmas,i get forced to move out of my house.

Still love Vietnam, this is just a stark reminder that I live in a corrupt communist country.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement