Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My News

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

nikkibikki wrote: »
    I'm 10 weeks pregnant with twins, tummy very sore these days with them making room for themselves, predicting a painful pregnancy but looking forward to them being born healthy! Went to see my sons first nativity play this morning and visited a friend afterwards, picked son up from school, bought him new runners (fastest ones in d shop as he requested.) Now trying to convince myself to get out of bed, where i have been resting my weary body, to cook dinner while attempting to convince my sick stomach that it doesn't wish to empty itself again, how I love this all day sickness!

I hear ya! I'm 14 weeks pregnant and am still a pukemonster (definitely only one baby in there though) - this is also the reason I slept for so long in the car this morning :)

I could write a book called "places I have puked around Dublin in the last 2 months" at this stage. Morning sickness (and what a stupid name that is) seriously sucks and you have my sympathies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

I hear ya! I'm 14 weeks pregnant and am still a pukemonster (definitely only one baby in there though) - this is also the reason I slept for so long in the car this morning :)

I could write a book called "places I have puked around Dublin in the last 2 months" at this stage. Morning sickness (and what a stupid name that is) seriously sucks and you have my sympathies!

It's certainly a crap name! I was only sick in the mornings on my son but am sick constantly now, hoping it eases up in a few weeks! Just texted hubby to pick up a take away on his way home so no cooking required!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Today i woke up earlier than usual to be ready to let the plumber im at 8am to fix the shower. Went to college in bad form because i could imagine the mess the plumber was making. Spent two hours in college doing nothing, but i did get to watch some very cool bands and get free tea and shortbread shaped like a star.

Came home at lunch and was immediately im a better mood because the plumber was gone and had left the place very tidy and cleaned up after himself. Then i had egg and ham sandwiches for lunch because i love them. I've spent the rest of today laying on my bed resting and watching an ebay auction for a dress i want.

Gonna go test my new shower soon though and maybe order in for dinner.

Oh and watch Great British Bake Off masterclass at 8.

Rock n Roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Today I put christmas wreaths on relatives graves. I miss them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I got up at 8am. When I opened the kitchen door it was very dark. I had a shower and realised the benefits of conditioner. I got angry because my brother didn't return my gel.

I got to school at 9:01 and my teacher marked me absent although I was only 1 minute late. I watched "Never Let me Go" in class. I noticed that one of the actors is also in Harry Potter.

I walked home from school and drank some tea. My mother showed me an antique she'd bought for her friend. I mentioned that there was some dust deposited on the dish. She went to clean it, but she dropped it and it broke into 10 pieces. She was sad.

-Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Woke up, fell out of bed
    Dragged a comb across my head
    Found my way downstairs and drank a cup
    And looking up, I noticed I was late
    Found my coat and grabbed my hat
    Made the bus in seconds flat
    Found my way upstairs and had a smoke
    And somebody spoke and I went into a dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Finished exams, for better or worse. Thought of doing Christmas shopping but couldn't think of anything to buy. My family are horrendous for this kind of thing. They don't like buying things, they like being tight.
    I'm going to see The Hobbit this week and I'm back to hunting for accommodation that doesn't suck. Weird time of year for it but places are being advertised for the start of January so hoping I get the jump on somewhere nice. Probably not but I hope I do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭jesse pinkman

This morning I went for my first ever ECG & got the all clear, then I came home & fixed the front door bell.

After lunch I went back to a painting I'm working on in my workshop.

Life's great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Today I'm pretty sure I'm coming down with a dose of something and i have to go playing football later on :(

In other news I got a new coat.

And finally..........gonna have me tea soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

today i woke up in a big hotel in gerbilmammy which is abroad, foreidgn. I had a sore head as gerbil people like beer a lot. They made me drink it. Now I am bored at the airport and home seems a long way off. The gerbils didnt like me-they said I was bossy. I have gone off the gerbils.

Now I'm home. Today was a busy day. I am knackered. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

Just got my dog washed yesterday so he wouldn't smell for Xmas. (€50 if your wondering) Came home today only to find he covered himself and the kitchen with his own sh!t. Everything was covered in his brown liquidly smelly sh!te. He must have eaten something he shouldn't have :mad:

Had a great time cleaning it up :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

james142 wrote: »
    Just got my dog washed yesterday so he wouldn't smell for Xmas. (€50 if your wondering) Came home today only to find he covered himself and the kitchen with his own sh!t. Everything was covered in his brown liquidly smelly sh!te. He must have eaten something he shouldn't have :mad:

Had a great time cleaning it up :rolleyes:

Dirty protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Today continued:

Lost am auction on ebay, no dress for me!Now eating my feelings aka pringles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

I woke up early, with the intention of getting a load of study done. Instead I have completely cleaned my house,including all the windows and blinds, baked 2 loaves of bread and an apple tart. So rather than getting much needed work on a dissertation done, I have turned into a 50's housewife.

The amazing dinner I had planned has also gone out the window as my beloved just rang to say he's working late till 1am. Candlelit dinner for one :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

^^ Procrastination at it's most productive! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

My News.

If you haven't bought those Christmas presents yet then you could be quids in. According to reports elsewhere...the World might end on the 21st. So, hold off for as long as you can.

And, the Weather.
    Reports that by now we should be seeing two suns in the sky haven't come to fruition. Some days yed be lucky to see one.
    Good evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

My News

Today is Tuesday 18th of December. It was sometimes foggy and sometimes sunny today, now it is night-time. I worked all day today, was pretty busy. A customer gave me a smoked salmon and a bag of apples for Christmas, I cooked some of the salmon for dinner, it was yum. I also sewed a new button on a shirt that had one the wrong colour for ages that I didn't notice, it was bright pink and the rest were grey. Going to watch telly and the internet now.

That was My News

Where To

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Where To wrote: »
    My News

Today is Tuesday 18th of December. It was sometimes foggy and sometimes sunny today, now it is night-time. I worked all day today, was pretty busy. A customer gave me a smoked salmon and a bag of apples for Christmas, I cooked some of the salmon for dinner, it was yum. I also sewed a new button on a shirt that had one the wrong colour for ages that I didn't notice, it was bright pink and the rest were grey. Going to watch telly and the internet now.

That was My News

Where To
    You cooked the smoked salmon?:eek:

Boombastic wrote: »
    You cooked the smoked salmon?:eek:
    Yeah, what you gonna do about it?:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

But, but, but................................. it's smoked!! Go catch one in the river if your gonna cook it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

My News.

Today is Tuesday.

Yesterday was Monday.

Tomorrow will be Wednesday.

The end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Later today I came home from work.
    Work was fun today.
    I got poop on my shoe and punched in the eye.
    I secretly enjoy my work.

By Seveneleven.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

My news

Today I was supposed to be studying for an exam. Instead I did some shopping and argued with people on the internet about stuff I don't really care about. Also, a nieghbour shot our family dog because he was sick and dying. I was a bit sad but not too much because he was a bit crazy and we never really bonded but I'm looking forward to getting a new one. I had a bath too.

That was my news.
    FrankthePlank

What a horrible thing to do to a dying dog. A vet would have done it in a much gentler way. Makes me sad

What a horrible thing to do to a dying dog. A vet would have done it in a much gentler way. Makes me sad
    I dunno, our local vet is a terrible shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Today I spent two hours not working but telling HR why we are all in hate our jobs. Then we had free pizza and presents. Spent an hour trying to fis the unfixable, then went home. Tried to have a nap but cat had other ideas like eatting my toes. Watched the Great British bakeoff master class. now I'm drinking tae and waiting for the water to heat up for a shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    My News.

Today is Tuesday.

Yesterday was Monday.

Tomorrow will be Wednesday.

The end.
    Finally news I can use!

Today I got my hair cut and got some Christmas shopping done. I also got photos done because I have my theory test tomorrow. I hate getting my photo taken. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Coming to you from across the midwest- RidleyRider's News/ RRN.

With an unusual eventful morning this morning because this strange dog was scratching our door because our dog is in heat and he wanted the ride. Sadly he doesn't understand she doesn't want the ride! Things took a turn for the worst when my porridge all stuck to the bottom of the pan for me to be left cleaning that stupid pan for 15 minutes:( After this disastrous morning, I decided to go to town. Where there was nobody, but I did get some Christmas presents. Played Fifa for the evening with a mate and that was it...

Wow that wasn't as exciting as I wanted it to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

My news today

Had the d and c procedure done today. Getting the drip in was the hardest part. Everything went well and I'm home and all. I really enjoyed the tea and toast but melted one of the little wraps of butter to much but placing it on my teapot. It made for very easy spreading thought and there's nothing like a good anaesthetic to tire you out for the rest of the day.

That was my news
    KKkitty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Adyx wrote: »
    Finally news I can use!

Today I got my hair cut and got some Christmas shopping done. I also got photos done because I have my theory test tomorrow. I hate getting my photo taken. :mad:
    I'm also good with the weather.

Today was cold and rainy.

Yesterday was cold and rainy.

Tomorrow will be cold and rainy.

Happy Birthday to everyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

KKkitty wrote: »
    My news today

Had the d and c procedure done today. Getting the drip in was the hardest part. Everything went well and I'm home and all. I really enjoyed the tea and toast but melted one of the little wraps of butter to much but placing it on my teapot. It made for very easy spreading thought and there's nothing like a good anaesthetic to tire you out for the rest of the day.

That was my news
    KKkitty

Glad to hear it went well Kitty, get a good night's sleep x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Today I played Santa Claus for little kids in a nearby creche.. Loved the look on their innocent little little faces.

False beard was a bit scratchy though.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I'll swap you a sugar sammich for a salmon sammich? :D

(Lets be honest, they couldn't be any worse than my mothers "Dan Dare" sammiches- so called because you never knew what you were going to get in them! :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Today I went shopping. I came home and made some dinner. Made my child wrap Christmas presents - I knew she'd come in handy eventually. I baked. I offered sympathy to my remaining cat after his sister died last week :-( I am sad and it is cold.

Glad to hear it went well Kitty, get a good night's sleep x
    That you Teyla :) Glad it's all over now. I've been tired all day but can't sleep. Been taking it easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

That you Teyla :) Glad it's all over now. I've been tired all day but can't sleep. Been taking it easy.
    I hate soppy people & I hate the whole hugs & kisses people usually do online.
    But if you were in front of me I'd probably hug you now :)

Hot water bottle, cup of tea in bed & snuggle down as best you can. Take care kitty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Least it's over now and you get to sleep in your own bed tonight!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

I went to work on the Tube, then had a pancake for breakfast. Did some work had and prosecco and sandwiches for lunch with some colleagues.

After lunch my assistant missed her chair and fell in front of The Editor. He laughed. I laughed.

My friend offered to collect me from Cork airport this Saturday, which i gratefully accepted.

After work I went to Westfields shopping centre and did some Christmas shopping. I also bought some toys for work's Christmas appeal tomorrow.

Now I'm home watching Mad Max on ITV4 and eating some crisps.

I hate soppy people & I hate the whole hugs & kisses people usually do online.
    But if you were in front of me I'd probably hug you now :)

Hot water bottle, cup of tea in bed & snuggle down as best you can. Take care kitty.
    Thank you so so much for saying that :) I have done nothing but take it easy. I would have been due on my late dad's birthday too. Wish things had worked out better but I'm not going to let it get to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Suppose I'd better hand up my copy with today's news-

Today is one day closer to Friday. I got up at stupid o' clock this morning and had a shower. My wife washed behind my ears because she doesn't trust me to do it myself.

My son decided to pull a Ferris Bueller and my wife fell for it hook, line and sinker, so I had to take him to the doctor. My wife had more pressing matters like last minute Christmas shopping to attend to. When we were in the doctor's waiting room my son began to complain that his nose was blocked up. I told him to go to the toilet and blow his nose. "I'm not using that smelly toilet tissue!", he replied. "I'm telling mammy!" he said. A few minutes later I got a call from my wife to tell me just go in next door to the chemist and get him tissues. The little squealer had texted my wife to complain about his first world problem! :mad:

After the doctors, I decided to go and get my Christmas haircut as I had some free time having cleared my schedule for the day. I decided since I had the free time to have a cut-throat shave. She went very close with the razor but didn't cut me.

Then I came home and after my dinner I did my work. I had chops for dinner. They were nice. Then I watched some television. Then it was time to brush my teeth and put on my pyjamas and go to bed.

- THE END -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Suppose I'd better hand up my copy with today's news-

Today is one day closer to Friday. I got up at stupid o' clock this morning and had a shower. My wife washed behind my ears because she doesn't trust me to do it myself.

My son decided to pull a Ferris Bueller and my wife fell for it hook, line and sinker, so I had to take him to the doctor. My wife had more pressing matters like last minute Christmas shopping to attend to. When we were in the doctor's waiting room my son began to complain that his nose was blocked up. I told him to go to the toilet and blow his nose. "I'm not using that smelly toilet tissue!", he replied. "I'm telling mammy!" he said. A few minutes later I got a call from my wife to tell me just go in next door to the chemist and get him tissues. The little squealer had texted my wife to complain about his first world problem! :mad:

After the doctors, I decided to go and get my Christmas haircut as I had some free time having cleared my schedule for the day. I decided since I had the free time to have a cut-throat shave. She went very close with the razor but didn't cut me.

Then I came home and after my dinner I did my work. I had chops for dinner. They were nice. Then I watched some television. Then it was time to brush my teeth and put on my pyjamas and go to bed.

- THE END -

Whipped by the kid and wife. Hard luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

My News.

Today I had my last exam this morning. It went good but I nearly had a freak attack on the way because I couldn't remember the right building. Then I had lunch and said Happy Christmas to my schoolfriends. Then I came home and argued with people on the internet again and watched some Star Trek. The dog is still alive, he keeps running away when they try to shoot him. The guy's an experienced hunter-man, I'd like to see a bloomin vet catch him. I'm tellin ya he's crazy that dog.

That is my news today.

FrankThePlank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

My news

Yesterday my friend's mother had a baby. The baby is brown. My friend's daddy has gone on holidays.

The end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Today I was told my procedure called a d and c will happen tomorrow. This means fasting after 12 tonight. It was sunny in parts and my sons are keeping me going. I also went on facebook and played games.

That was my news
    KKkitty

Hope you will be ok KKkitty X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

My News
    Today is Tuesday the weather is cold and wet.
    I went to work in my new job.
    I bought a new jumper, well I asked my boyfriend could I borrow the money but I will never pay him back.
    I washed my hair and I have still not dried it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Today was my second last day . I'm on holidays tomorrow . The weather down south is horrible . Windy and rain all day .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Today was my second last day . I'm on holidays tomorrow .
    The weather down south is horrible . Windy and rain all day .

Let the weather do what it likes, see above in bold :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

My news

I had christmas lunch with work today, after a long meeting, so actually did no work all day. hurrah! and then had a three course lunch paid for me. and it was yum.

I bought christmas presents, so i'm nearly done with that. thank be to the lord jesus.

I miss my boyfriend, miss talking to him. worried he is losing interest, or doesn't have much to say to me. not much I can do either way. I'll try not assume that. he wouldn't be with me if he wasn't interested.

I'm tired, and I should go to bed.

The end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭Archeron

I noticed today that my red setter smells like feet and monster munch. I dont know what he gets up to when I am in work.
    I got a new microwave too. It was forty euro in tesco. it is really small and most of my plates dont fit in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Today I am tired after a bad night's sleep. At the age of 30 my husband paid his first visit to Coppers and I had to hear all about it at 3.30am. Did you know it is packed and the toilets are hard to find? I do, because I heard it ten times.

Then I heard him puking at 6am and I laughed - I have been puking for 2 months at this stage and I have no sympathy.

Now he is at home in bed on a day off and I'm at work - not laughing anymore :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

I'm waiting to hear from the Australian Embassy about my visa. I'm excited about a new life, but very sad about taking our 4 month old daughter away from my parents.

I hope its the right decision.

Im trying to make myself look busy here in work, when in reality there is pretty much nothing for me to do. Cant let them find out though or they will ship me off to another office.

I'm hungry too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement