Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco.ie

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Inchinc7

So annoyed now! Well, I gave up over the weekend and tried not to let it bug me. Tesco just rang me 15 mins ago and said they were aware of the error and that the problem was fixed. Duly tried to checkout again and got 'failed to create order'. Same old, same old. Tried different browsers and still no joy.

Aaaarrggh...don't call me to say that and p*ss me off even more. Sorry, rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 codod

i have been trying all morning today. tried 4 different cards and 3 different browsers. Would have been quicker driving to the shop and doing the shopping myself!!!!!

Still no joy "failed to create order"

When i go into edit address i get someone else's mobile number and a different address. Very concerned now that their system error may be giving away private information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

been trying all day but cant get past the card verification page but just logged on from my netbook and it went through ok - confirmation email was from tesco.co.uk though

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Just rang now & apparently it will be fixed by tomorrow :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Naydy

I rang customer services again about 15 mins ago and was told that they "don't have a solution to the problem at this time" and when I asked if they knew when it would be fixed, they just repeated the above line to me.
    I was then advised to empty my shopping basket and start from scratch, that that "might" work. Think they're just telling me anything at this stage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Inchinc7

Naydy wrote: »
    I was then advised to empty my shopping basket and start from scratch, that that "might" work. Think they're just telling me anything at this stage :mad:

Well, customer service told me it was fine this morning. So when it wasn't I tried from scratch and named new basket, but it still didn't work. I wish they hadn't called me because I had given up and now I'm back trying again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

codod wrote: »
    When i go into edit address i get someone else's mobile number and a different address. Very concerned now that their system error may be giving away private information.

Jeez that's a bit worrying.

Still no joy here, fingers crossed it'll be fixed tomorrow or I'm going to have to go with Superquinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kieran007

This Tesco problem started for me on the 24th of September. The error is at payment stage it says "failed to create order" What a terrible message that tells you nothing and leaves you wonder about your card, wrong number, unpaid credit card bill, did I type something incorrectly.

After 30 minutes of search I call tesco, they tell me "try again later"

I try later they say "try tomorrow" still not acknowledging a major issue. They have wasted so much of my time because they just wont post a message saying "system broken, sorry".

Like others they have pissed me off big time.

A week later I am trying to do my shopping again, still no message on website and still wasting my time.

This is the worst customer service I have ever heard of.

Thanks for reading my rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karlanne99

After 6 days of "Failed to create order" I managed to get an order through - it looks like it's an issue with an update around the address book, appears an extra line might have been added to the start of my address. If you can update your address and duplicate the first line of your address, or if you ring customer support they can do this for you, once they did that for me the order went through fine (nothing to do with cookies or credit card or basket)

Pretty shocking tech dept, over 6 days and no official resolution, plus despite feedback from their own customer support dept they refuse to put a notice on the tesco.ie website. I doubt they would be so flippant if it was the UK site that was down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

karlanne99 wrote: »
    After 6 days of "Failed to create order" I managed to get an order through - it looks like it's an issue with an update around the address book, appears an extra line might have been added to the start of my address. If you can update your address and duplicate the first line of your address, or if you ring customer support they can do this for you, once they did that for me the order went through fine (nothing to do with cookies or credit card or basket)

Thanks so much, karlanne99 - I amended my address just as you said, and it worked, the order went through, after days of "failed to create order".

karlanne99 wrote: »

Pretty shocking tech dept, over 6 days and no official resolution, plus despite feedback from their own customer support dept they refuse to put a notice on the tesco.ie website. I doubt they would be so flippant if it was the UK site that was down!

Going to give that a lash now Karlanne, thanks. Edit: nope, didn't work for me :(

Yep, Tesco obviously don't put a lot into their tech department, it's a shocking length of time for a problem like this. I'd imagine they're losing out on quite a bit of money over this.

Still can't get it to work but I've just gone into amend address & it's brought up someone else's details.
    That's worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karlanne99

That is scary! I would give customer care a call and get them to re-enter your address (put something on all the lines), that appears to be resolving it for some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ISfitz

Thanks karlanne99 That worked for me. Next door neighour has a name on his house which appears on the Tesco DB. I used this as the extra line and on the address and directed them to go one house up!! Will call customer services now to add the extra line and have it correct for next week. After almost a week of grief my order has been processed! Well done and thanks for sharing with us. I had tried Customer services many times!

Tried a load of times again last night, tried calling customer services, e-mailed them on Sunday and got no response. Ordered from Superquinn last night, won't be using tesco.ie again.

finally got it to work. Had to use the nextdoor address and it worked. Obviously stated in the directions for the driver to use my proper address. Cowboys ted...

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭maude6868

So frustrating, I've been trying to place my order since Saturday. Rang and was told to keep trying. Rang my local store in Ennis today and they said there is no problem, nobody else complained and they had no statement from head office. First they heard of it, orders are getting in to them just fine. Seems to be only a few people affected. No Superquinn near me though. E-mailed too, no reply in over 5 days after numerous messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ISfitz

maude6868 wrote: »
    So frustrating, I've been trying to place my order since Saturday. Rang and was told to keep trying. Rang my local store in Ennis today and they said there is no problem, nobody else complained and they had no statement from head office. First they heard of it, orders are getting in to them just fine. Seems to be only a few people affected. No Superquinn near me though. E-mailed too, no reply in over 5 days after numerous messages.

Get them to add another line to your address. Maybe repeat the first line. BTW: My issue was also with the Ennis store. Of course i did not report it to the store but i had called customer sevices and it amazes me that the did not pass this on locally.

Finally order processed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Wuggle

Thanks for the info on changing the address. I looked at my Aunt's address details and they do, indeed, seem to be totally messed up with the wrong county and a strange number at the end similar to a US zip code! Unfortunately the system will not allow me to change the details because, when I do, it insists that my Aunt lives in a completely different part of Cork to where she lives and I can't change it.

In the meantime I had an email (was promised a phone call) from someone in Tesco Ireland Customer Services who, it seems, had not read my detailed explanation of the problem I was having and I was really annoyed to read a suggestion that it might be a problem with my Internet connection or PC! This is not the case in any shape or form so I have replied and stated the facts and suggested they get someone to examine the address book issue.

So my elderly Aunt remains without her weekly shop. Luckily she did have supplies in her freezer and can get a neighbour to get her basics, but I feel this is not the point.if you are going to advertise a service, you need to ensure the service is actually working. A whole week has gone by - longer for some people - and still we are no closer.

I am considering forwarding my email to Customer Service on to Senior Mansgement at Tesco Ireland as I have found this shocking Customer Service with complete lack of care. I have registered my Aunt's interest in shopping with Superquinn and SuperValu but will have to wait now until they come to her area.

Really, really disappointed as the service was fine before this.

Wuggle wrote: »
    Thanks for the info on changing the address. I looked at my Aunt's address details and they do, indeed, seem to be totally messed up with the wrong county and a strange number at the end similar to a US zip code! Unfortunately the system will not allow me to change the details because, when I do, it insists that my Aunt lives in a completely different part of Cork to where she lives and I can't change it.

In the meantime I had an email (was promised a phone call) from someone in Tesco Ireland Customer Services who, it seems, had not read my detailed explanation of the problem I was having and I was really annoyed to read a suggestion that it might be a problem with my Internet connection or PC! This is not the case in any shape or form so I have replied and stated the facts and suggested they get someone to examine the address book issue.

So my elderly Aunt remains without her weekly shop. Luckily she did have supplies in her freezer and can get a neighbour to get her basics, but I feel this is not the point.if you are going to advertise a service, you need to ensure the service is actually working. A whole week has gone by - longer for some people - and still we are no closer.

I am considering forwarding my email to Customer Service on to Senior Mansgement at Tesco Ireland as I have found this shocking Customer Service with complete lack of care. I have registered my Aunt's interest in shopping with Superquinn and SuperValu but will have to wait now until they come to her area.

Really, really disappointed as the service was fine before this.

If you ring c/s they can do it over the phone- mine didn't work first time but I rang back and it was sorted straight away. I'm pretty sure it's a free fone number

If you ring c/s they can do it over the phone- mine didn't work first time but I rang back and it was sorted straight away. I'm pretty sure it's a free fone number

Thanks - I am calling from abroad. I can't find a number to call them from abroad that works. This is why I was hoping they would ring me!

Well, a week later and the order has finally gone through. They've finally a warning put up on the homepage too.

Naydy wrote: »
    Well, a week later and the order has finally gone through. They've finally a warning put up on the homepage too.

Well done-I'm still getting nowhere, unfortunately.

I think the notice on the homepage could, in part, be down to my fairly frustrated email sent yesterday. I've still had no reply to it and now trying to go through Tesco UK again.

Keep trying...:(

Wuggle wrote: »
    Well done-I'm still getting nowhere, unfortunately.

(

I'm sorry to hear that, I really don't have any advice, I didn't do anything differently, just waited a few hours and tried again.
    I know how frustrating it is, but just keep trying every so often. I was trying numerous times a day, sometimes for hours at a time, for nearly a week with no success and it finally went through so hopefully it will work for you soon too.

Advertisement