Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 12/13 MOD POST #232

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

I dont think mourihno wants hin to go to a champions league rival . Does the rule where loan players cant play against their team stand in champions league as well ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I doubt CL football will be a huge sway to a player on loan. The experience would be nice but when he's going to a team who have no chance of winning it I'm not sure an extra 6 games will be that big of deal. If it was a transfer then it would play a much bigger part.

It's obviously not working out for him at Real and despite them talking about still being interested in his future, he'll be aware that he needs an international profile. He'll get more of that playing for Arsenal.

With all due respect to pool, he could be their standout midfielder for a year and go relatively unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Looks like Sahin is on his way to Pool. I know it was only a loan deal but would have been a good player to have for the year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

We don't need him, he'd be in a rotational system if he came to us, unless we we're signing him permanently I can't see how it'd benefit either party. With my objective hat on; Liverpool is a good move for both him and Madrid. He'll be the main man there and get plenty of game time which is what Mourinho wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

gosplan wrote: »
    It's obviously not working out for him at Real and despite them talking about still being interested in his future, he'll be aware that he needs an international profile. He'll get more of that playing for Arsenal.

With all due respect to pool, he could be their standout midfielder for a year and go relatively unnoticed.

Seems he's happy with that though considering it looks very likely he's picked Liverpool. Possibly the chance of winning a medal has swayed his opinion.

Seems he's happy with that though considering it looks very likely he's picked Liverpool. Possibly the chance of winning a medal has swayed his opinion.

Meowwwww.

Saucer of milk? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I'd doubt he chose Liverpool to be honest. unless he was swayed by training with Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I'd doubt he chose Liverpool to be honest. unless he was swayed by training with Charlie Adam and Stewart Downing!

I'm telling you it's the new Joe Allen signing that did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

HazDanz wrote: »
    I'm telling you it's the new Joe Allen signing that did it.

or english classes with Jamie Carragher!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

or english classes with Jamie Carragher!

his wife is sure to give him a warm welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sahin will be quailty for Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

He could be but the same was said of Aquilani also. It depends on how Liverpool play tactically. If they have him in the Mascherano role then passes galore to the wings and more over top for Suaraz to plonk in the net.

If it works for him he'll expand Liverpool's attacking play, something we haven't seen from them since Alonso left.

I'm disappointed we didn't get him. Both himself and Cazorla pinging long passes around the pitch would've made for some exciting games, plus his tackling is pretty impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,292 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

When did you all leave? Took me ages to find you and me bursting with news -

Barcelona in for Koscielney, Vermaillen, Arteta and Song. Read it in Shoot :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭batistuta9

When did you all leave? Took me ages to find you and me bursting with news -

Barcelona in for Koscielney, Vermaillen, Arteta and Song. Read it in Shoot :rolleyes:

hopefully they sign song :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Gutted by the Sahin news if its true to be honest a player I would love to see at Arsenal, gtting to the stage now I just want the transfer window over, its all talk of our players leaving again and none of players coming in :(.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    hopefully they sign song :pac:

My father used to have a saying "You never miss the water until the well runs dry" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

dvemail wrote: »

So we still need another striker !!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

£24m apparently

Llorente or Jovetic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Fcking sick, poxy new thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

dont care if it was £124m , how could ye sell to that lot !

Just came in here to link that.

£24m is a lot of money but it still makes an absolute mockery of building the stadium in my eyes. It was built, with Anelka, Vieira, Henry et al sold in the interim to help finance it, to allow us to compete with Manchester United. Where are we now? Very disappointed the club didn't take a stand on this but money talks I guess. I'll reserve complete judgement on this on the off chance that they have something up their sleeve by the end of August.

FCUK SAKE, ive nver been so pissed by a Arsenal transfer before heads should roll disgusting from the borad what a bunch of money grabbing ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

What a joke selling to utd is a huge step backwards :( The spending was only done knowing we had a windfall from RVP going anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Snakey judas C**t!

It rankles alright but he wanted to go and £24m is pretty huge money, and it's good that it's been done relatively early.

Certainly won't miss having a panic attack every time he falls over.

Better sign a proper replacement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Have we got the money in the bank?

The sniveling prat might get injured tonight - glass man.

It rankles alright but he wanted to go and £24m is pretty huge money, and it's good that it's been done relatively early.

Certainly won't miss having a panic attack every time he falls over.

Better sign a proper replacement though.

This, I don't want no 5 mil replacement, we need to spend the whole 24 and then some to get somebody top in, will never happen though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Similar to if Liverpool sold the likes of Suarez or Lucas to Utd, while it pisses off the fans, what difference does it really make given he was leaving anyway?

Utd and City are a league ahead, surely selling to Chelsea or Liverpool would be worse, in that Arsenal are more likely to challenge Chelsea for third or Liverpool for fourth then to challenge Utd for the title. Spurs omitted for obvious reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

FCUK SAKE, ive nver been so pissed by a Arsenal transfer before heads should roll disgusting from the borad what a bunch of money grabbing ****.

maybe rvp said it was united now for money or it was united on a free in the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Brilliant job by Arsenal if we did manage to sell him for 24m! Now re-invest that in the squad and we'll be happy campers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Gutted by the Sahin news if its true to be honest a player I would love to see at Arsenal, gtting to the stage now I just want the transfer window over, its all talk of our players leaving again and none of players coming in :(.
    We bought 3 players already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

Not an Arsenal fan but RVP has shown a severe lack of respect for the club who signed him as an ill-tempered youngster whose attitude was severely questioned and who stood by him through all those years he continued to get injury after injury. Still 24million is not bad for an injury prone, 29 year old. Best of luck for the coming season :)

Thinking objectively about it arseblog has it pretty spot on that he misjudged the interest in him and releasing that statement backed him [and us] into a corner where it was Man United or nowhere. Understandable for the club to take the £24m tbh.

Thinking as a fan; its absolutely ****ing bollocks that the club haven't taken a stand on this and held him to his contract. Every ****ing year we're subject to this **** and frankly its wearing thin at this stage, its gone beyond the point of ****ing sickening.

Fact of the matter is we're nothing more than a feeder club at this stage with no ambition other than to break even. Its been groundhog day for us since 2005; collapse into the CL places at the end of the season; maybe get to the Q/Fs of the CL before being beaten by Barcelona, get knocked out of the FA Cup in the 5th round by Stoke etc etc.

All we have to show for it is a poxy stadium that'll be lucky to be 2/3s full in 5 years time at the rate we're going and an advertisement to one and all that we're a great place to serve your apprenticeship before tipping off to one of the moneybags clubs or the traditional superclubs.

Just to make things worse, D ‏@AFCAMDEN who first announced the Cazorla deal and also said RVP to United looked likely to happen has also just said Song has been told he can leave Arsenal the board better have some serious oves in the transfer market lined up to make up for this.

To say im gutted right now is a understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Kick in the teeth for Arsenal fans with RVP joining your biggest rival of recent years.

I couldn't see Wenger signing another striker after signing 2 already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Wenger really can't give out ever again about missing out on silverwear or titles again.

He really must have something up his sleeve surely ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

For fcuk sake we finally sign quality players and assemble a good squad then start selling other key players? DA FUQ? These players better be replaced with players of similar quality or I wont be a happy bunny.

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    maybe rvp said it was united now for money or it was united on a free in the summer?

Id have rather he went on a free to United than the board selling formoney reasons it was time they took a stand.
    We bought 3 players already

Yes wever brought three players in, but were loosing Van Persie and very possibly Song so we havent strangthened at all really were in the exxact same situation as least year unless the board pull the finger out. Dickheads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

What a load of bollix!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Fcuk sake lads 24m for rvp is serious money the board only need to answer if they don't reinvest it

The song news is pretty big too but I reckon winger has a plan for that

We're still stronger than we were last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭wonga77

£24 is excellent but I cant quite belive he's gone to Utd, i always thought he was just trying to bully the club into buying a few world class players. Every season there is one. I thought the recent signings would be enough to get him to stay. There is absolutley zero loyalty in football

dvemail wrote: »

So we still need another striker !!
    Na mate. We got a superb star called Bendter

• Advertisement

I actually feel sick.

6 year contract signed on the dotted line before the next captain gets given the armband, and stick the ****er in the reserves if he tries to act the ****. Twice in the space of 12 months is too ****ing often.

Don't worry, he will get injured again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

Am absolutely disgusted at the moment. The summer was going brilliantly up until now, typical bull**** this is. Selling to them ffs, we were closing the gap but now we have weakened ourselves and strengthened them. Really getting sick of this at this stage. We need a marquee signing now, but im not counting on it!

As if it wasn't obvious enough already, The club no longer has ambitions of winning the big trophies. Kronenke OUT

Cesc Fàbregas Soler ‏@cesc4official
    Im in shock!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement