Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14 Mod request post#5808

1328329330331332334»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

D'Agger wrote: »
    They gave us Robbie for £20m or so.....we could probably wrangle Dembele away for £70m :pac:

Just wondering - what's the max you'd pay for Dembele? He's a very good player, seems to be exactly what we need, cool on the ball, physical presence....Belgian

Considering his situation, at Spurs, plenty of time on Contract and still only 26, I'd almost go as far as 20m for him.

Get Levy to sell for that and you're doing well, in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Kess73 wrote: »
    I really don't put a lot of stock in the whole premiership proven tag.

Were a number of our more recent big money signings not supposedly Premiership proven?

Carroll, Henderson, Allen, Downing.

Whereas a number of our lesser priced premiership proven players seemed to be the ones that settled quickly.

Mignolet, Sturridge, Enrique.

Then we have the likes of Suarez who cost big money, had no premiership experience and was coming from a league that often gets mocked on here, and what happens? He quickly establishes himself as our best player by some distance.

I'm not sure of the point your trying to make? Cheap players that are 'proven' in the prem are the way to go?

I think the problem with the top 4 you mention is that they were all heavily over priced and not of Liverpool quality to begin with.

I believe Dembele is most definitely good enough for Liverpool right now, the fact that he is 'proven' in the premiership is definitely a bonus in my eyes.

Suarez is just a different animal all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jaysus that's awful if its true, so young. Liverpool knew he was crocked and did well to sell him for so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

If it was much more than 20 then I would not be interested at all in Dembele. There are plenty out there who could do the same job. A year of SG winding down is still time for us to get a replacement and a year after that of SG playing the big games will still mean he can mentor another player coming through and still take a bit of pressure off the player by SG either starting or coming on in big games.
    Knex. wrote: »
    Considering his situation, at Spurs, plenty of time on Contract and still only 26, I'd almost go as far as 20m for him.

Get Levy to sell for that and you're doing well, in my eyes.

I think 20 would be the max we should be looking to spend, I'd be hoping to get a player like him for around the 18m mark but the transfer market is crazy thesedays

Don't see any mention of him retiring, tbh. Where is it being reported?

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    I think 20 would be the max we should be looking to spend, I'd be hoping to get a player like him for around the 18m mark but the transfer market is crazy thesedays

Tbh, I think his true value is around the 12-15m mark, but when its Spurs, Levy, and our history with Allen and Henderson, there's no way we'd get him for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,283 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its just a twitter rumour. But theres no smoke without fire as they say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I've got this really bizarre mental image of someone drawing a curtain around him and putting him down.

Pity all the same.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

OK, mods, new thread, and be quick about it!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

5starpool wrote: »
    OK, mods, new thread, and be quick about it!

how long have you been wating :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

rob316 wrote: »
    Its just a twitter rumour. But theres no smoke without fire as they say.

There is mostly smoke, with little fire, when it comes to Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So, where are all the Diego Costa haters these days? That bit we (allegedly) made for him in the summer looks like a genius piece of scouting now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Dickerty wrote: »
    So, where are all the Diego Costa haters these days? That bit we (allegedly) made for him in the summer looks like a genius piece of scouting now...

Careful now......:p

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Agueroooo wrote: »
    how long have you been wating :D

Coincidence that it was the 10,000th post actually. We've been slack in our posting amounts lately what with all this decent results business. We'd need to up our game, but hopefully without any fall off in points behind the surge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

This is the thread that never ends !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The problem with Costa is where we'd play him assuming Suarez stayed.

Coutinho
    Sturridge---Costa---Suarez

Looks great but would it work? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

mike65 wrote: »
    The problem with Costa is where we'd play him assuming Suarez stayed.

Coutinho
    Sturridge---Costa---Suarez

Looks great but would it work? :pac:

Yeah it would be fine sure we don't have much of midfield so moar attackers !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Bye bye old thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement