Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

ste2010 wrote: »
    That tips thread is comical..a friend of friend who owns a sugar farm who lives next door to his neighbor who had a horse once

It's a bit farcical this week to be fair with Galway on but otherwise it seems pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭ste2010

It's a bit farcical this week to be fair with Galway on but otherwise it seems pretty good.

Generally that thread goes off the rails during crazy season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭MyStubbleItches

Generally that thread goes off the rails during crazy season..

Yeah it should nearly just be closed for Galway, Cheltenham, etcetera. When the shoe shine boy is telling you to buy gold...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

There would be a school of thought that it's actually easier to win money at the "big" meetings because everyone's trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Just a reminder that this thread is supposed to be off-topic to the rest of the forum, not a thread to rant about other threads in the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭hucklebuck

Bateman wrote: »
    There would be a school of thought that it's actually easier to win money at the "big" meetings because everyone's trying

Are you classing Galway as a big meeting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 939 ✭✭✭nuckeythompson

hucklebuck wrote: »

It is classed as a big meeting,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

Worst yr ever re Galway for me can't buy a ****1ing winner this yr
    Dident mean to quote u nuckeytompson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭ComplyOrDie

Bateman wrote: »

They dont all try, I was involved in a horse who ran a few yrs back and he only ran to:
    A- be one step closer to a hcap mark
    B- It was a day out for us
    C- no other racing was on in Ireland that week and he needed to be hcaped asap as we had a race planned out for him a month later.

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    Worst yr ever re Galway for me can't buy a ****1ing winner this yr
    Dident mean to quote u nuckeytompson

Same here naughto - not one bloody winner this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

150k attendance/ 52 races back to back. Fairly big meeting. But I know what you mean. Its not breeders cup, 7 group 1's. It is what it is given the volume of racing. I tend to have a couple of bets at it, that's it. Its a punters graveyard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

They dont all try, I was involved in a horse who ran a few yrs back and he only ran to:
    A- be one step closer to a hcap mark
    B- It was a day out for us
    C- no other racing was on in Ireland that week and he needed to be hcaped asap as we had a race planned out for him a month later.

Yeah hence I used the word "big" in " ". The "quality" of racing at Galway is probably slightly better than it's perceived to be, but it's poor nonetheless.

I was making more of a general comment - I know of several tipping services who find it easier to find winners in the "big" meetings than on the day-to-day meetings. I didn't necessarily say I'd have Galway classed as "big" so I am sure what you say above goes on a fair bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

Is boylesport on the blink for anyone else?

EDIT; Back in

Kilkenny is classed as a city
    BumperD wrote: »
    150k attendance/ 52 races back to back. Fairly big meeting. But I know what you mean. Its not breeders cup, 7 group 1's. It is what it is given the volume of racing. I tend to have a couple of bets at it, that's it. Its a punters graveyard.

Yeah, lots of races and attendance but the quality of the races and horses are poor save for a handful of races.

Bloody raging today, only realised my phone was still on silent from last night around 4 only to see a text from the auld lad this morning who got a tip for Prince Rudi from connections

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Ouch.

• Advertisement

Clever aftertiming LOL

Clever aftertiming LOL

Wish it was, he got word about him before and he won that time, extra cash would have been handy, spent most of the day looking at kitchens and bathrooms for our new house.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

Got word for dashing lady each way in the first at Galway. Owner has flown in from America especially for the race so fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Maximo, this is the off-topic thread. Any tips you get go into the daily threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭maximo31

andyman wrote: »
    Maximo, this is the off-topic thread. Any tips you get go into the daily threads.

Sorry about that, in Spain, in a rush, there was no daily thread set up so put it in here.Just wanted to give a bit of info to the few lads left on here as thanks for all the tips I got over the last while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Anybody have just ONE stand-out bet for the upcoming soccer season ?

I think WBA are an awful team who haven't really strengthened and I see them relegated. They are 9/1 to finish rock bottom and I'll have some of that.

Will be a long way to go to beat Adebayor at 33/1 for top Spurs goalscorer as pointed out here in January though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

tomaussie wrote: »
    Anybody have just ONE stand-out bet for the upcoming soccer season ?

I think WBA are an awful team who haven't really strengthened and I see them relegated. They are 9/1 to finish rock bottom and I'll have some of that.

Will be a long way to go to beat Adebayor at 33/1 for top Spurs goalscorer as pointed out here in January though.

Adebayor PL topscorer ew @ 66/1.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Is Sanogo the worst striker in the history of football

Joseph O Brien met the pope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭bellybuster12

It would appear that you have to be an abnormally huge south African to get a job on ATR!!!

It would appear that you have to be an abnormally huge south African to get a job on ATR!!!

A bellybuster as it were!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Guys, you have been warned time and time again not to comment on modding or mod actions in thread. Please use the PM function instead.

Convert how do you close your account?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

Convert how do you close your account?

Go to your User Control Panel and you'll find the option on the left at the bottom.

However, as is suggested in feedback, it is advisable to give it some thought first though. Take a break for a few weeks and you might reconsider.

convert wrote: »
    Go to your User Control Panel and you'll find the option on the left at the bottom.

However, as is suggested in feedback, it is advisable to give it some thought first though. Take a break for a few weeks and you might reconsider.

Thanks Convert, been thinking about it from a while.

See yiz around.

• Advertisement

Any humourous stories lads to lighten my day ?

All randomness accepted. Kick start the off topic banter.

What's grey and can't fly

A car park

What's grey and can't fly

A car park

A pigeon with no wings ?

Have had a terrible week and I'm going to get hammered tomorrow for the first time in a long time.

I will be standing in the searing sun with a beer by 2pm.

No women are welcome. Unless they have previously had an IQ test and score above 127.

A month since the last post bring back pyro he was some tipper

Why has loads of people closed their accounts and where are they gone to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

The forum went to pot with ott moderating at times, posters continually not listening to mods when the were trying to explain certain things, a disastrous tips page and the loss of some of the best posters who basically made the forum what it was.

Now unfortunately it is quite boring and very little input anymore just fancies and people biting at each other.

A pity really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭droidman123

Get your ass over to the greyhound/racing betting threads,thats were its all happening :)

Currently been traveling like a Bàstard. Sitting at the foot of the Himalayas. Haven't been able to have a bet but both forums are doing quite well.

Congrats boys. Just need to get a local sim to work for international calls. India is a tad beauracratic. It's not helping.

• Advertisement

Quite fancy the well handicapped filly Glassatura in the third at Dundalk. She is being well backed but you can still get 10/1

I'd consider making love to you right now!!! He'll load of seconds at long odds this week ..only bit of luck to set me up for weekend!!

Quite fancy the well handicapped filly Glassatura in the third at Dundalk. She is being well backed but you can still get 10/1

Good man got on at 8s

Glad some of ye got on. All this winning has worked up an appetite. Chinese or burger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Glad some of ye got on. All this winning has worked up an appetite. Chinese or burger

Both!!!

🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂

But ft9, what about all those calories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

You F***ing Legend PC. Super Stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭sdoc13

For those looking for an intrrest in the breeders over the next two days. Paddy power doing an offer of place a 1 euro yankee on the pp messenger tonight on the breeders and get 1 free for tomorrow night.

Well done Peintre and I couldn't have a cent on it so......

I've made the decision to leave the mountain and rejoin society in Goa.

2,400km. Bus for 12 hours. Train for 35 hours. Taxi for 3 1/2 hours. Those B*stards better have a phone that works in Goa.

Making sure I give plenty of notice. Hope we all have the wheelbarrows ready for Wednesday lads

Choo Choo

Making sure I give plenty of notice. Hope we all have the wheelbarrows ready for Wednesday lads

Choo Choo

Ask dad 7.45 Dundalk had this down as a max bet but I couldn't get on at 12/1 and still can't at 10/1

• Advertisement
Advertisement