Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A higher state of cardiovascularness

Options
  • 02-10-2014 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭

After a few weeks of unstructured training after Kenmare which basically means a bit of running and **** all swimming and biking combined with the wife getting me to repaint practically the whole house again - I can feel the weight coming on so its time to get going again.

Break did me good I am looking forward to getting back into a little routine. Plan is winter training to get a solid base and then early in the new year start into an Ironman plan. So loads of 140ish bpm on the run and 120/130ish on the bike. Kenmare soothed a little of the what the fack have I done feeling I had when I signed up for Ironman France, I may not be very good at hills but I do enjoy them

Unsure of any other races until I see the calendar, I am not to worried anyways usually my best race is the first one as I tend to make a mess of carrying good form throughout the summer

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

A reasonable start yesterday

Wednesday AM Swim: 2500m in the pool, when time permits I will ditch the fins for the kick board sets, the short one today near killed me. Main part was 4 x 216 with pull bouy off 4.30, coming in around 3.50 on them. 2500m

PM Run: 8k run around the local loop @ 4.58 pace 145 AHR

Mixed bag today

Thursday AM Swim:
    The plan called for 16 x 108 off 2.05, which I was dreading. Arrived to see the pool swathed in darkness, I presumed power cut so decided I would take out the ipad and check my emails while I had a few minutes. Shortly after that saw one of the gym staff running up to open up - very late over 1.15 late, he will be in trouble with the regular morning guys tomorrow.

The net effect was that I no longer had time to do the set so I was able to go a little easier on myself with 5 x 108 off 2.15 and 5 x 108 off 2.10. Coming in around 1.45 for the first few which gradually faded and towards the end just making it in before 2 minutes, as expected some speed still remains but no stamina

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

IM France...I mean, how hard can it be?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

And so it begins.....:cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

pgibbo wrote: »
    And so it begins.....:cool:

opportunity missed...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Ironman Franc thats a nic on, vry hot ovr thr I bliv. vry vry hot by all accounts.

I lov franc though, the food, the cultur, the win. Grat country.

I intnd to post rgularly on this thrad but will b boycotting th lttr ' '.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Tunny is always funny

"Daddy, why did the littl boy who calld to th hous have a bard?"

tunney wrote: »
    Ironman Franc thats a nic on, vry hot ovr thr I bliv. vry vry hot by all accounts.

I lov franc though, the food, the cultur, the win. Grat country.

I intnd to post rgularly on this thrad but will b boycotting th lttr ' '.

I actually do think of it every time just before I click reply as you always pull me up on it, is there an e or not in that lads username, **** it I will chance it...no e so

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Probably due to consuming too many as a youth you have built up a resistance to e ?

Good luck with the new log.

PS I've ordered some of this for you ;)

GRT-MJ10-salsa.jpg

AKW wrote: »
    Probably due to consuming too many as a youth you have built up a resistance to e ?

Good luck with the new log.

PS I've ordered some of this for you ;)

Ha E's weren't around in my hey day, it was acid and mushies ;)

I will admit I am testing the waters on Twitter with my company first off and I have been following you, trawling through 5000 Tweets a day from you I saw something about an Interval run and salsa. I would like to see the details of this run, seeing that you have more or less guaranteed that the sub 40 10k is in the bag already, was there 10 minutes break between each rep, was the distance 200ms each time - I am intrigued :confused:

• Advertisement

catweazle wrote: »

I will admit I am testing the waters on Twitter with my company first off and I have been following you, trawling through 5000 Tweets a day from you I saw something about an Interval run and salsa. I would like to see the details of this run, seeing that you have more or less guaranteed that the sub 40 10k is in the bag already, was there 10 minutes break between each rep, was the distance 200ms each time - I am intrigued :confused:

Company?

Company?

it's called

=mc2

Company?

Hmmm in case the boss sees this I should have said our company :o

http://www.sportlomo.com

Actually - you know any PHP developers that are looking to relocate out of the pale, we are in the market for two?

think einstein. it's a joke.

also, i;ve worked with those guys. they weren't catweazle

mossym wrote: »
    think einstein. it's a joke.

also, i;ve worked with those guys. they weren't catweazle

Energy? Crazy hair? Popular misconceptions about believes in god? And misconceptions about profiency in second level maths?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

I don't get it.

BTH wrote: »
    I don't get it.

twas a bad joke, aimed mainly at him that quotes physics regularily

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass%E2%80%93energy_equivalence

or, e=mc2

twas a bad joke, aimed mainly at him that quotes physics regularily

I was actually on about the lack of "e" in tunnys posts but I got distracted mid post and it was answered in the meantime.

catweazle wrote: »

I'm defo calling BS on that one. There were plenty of yokes on the go when we were frequenting Sex Kitchen, Club Chaos, etc

• Advertisement

we were frequenting Sex Kitchen

oh good lord, how did that never come up in the get to know sessions last winter.

no wonder you can run so bloody fast

I'm defo calling BS on that one. There were plenty of yokes on the go when we were frequenting Sex Kitchen, Club Chaos, etc

P "I don't drink but I was a total pill head" Gibbo

(Yes I am using 'e's here however a bit hard to write a post on MDMA without an 'e'

Yes Paul but at 16/17 I had to budget for a two litre of Cider and splits on ciggies as well on friday nights. You being a non drinker and smoker could obviously well afford the 25 punt the E's cost in those days - I certainly couldnt so had to wander around golf courses at 5 in the morning trying out different types of mushrooms until I got some visions

No pills passed my lips - FACT. Granted, most of the folks I was with were off their heads, but it wasn't for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

Oh good lord. What kind of log have we got going here?? Tunney, mossym, pgibbo (and I thought you were the golden child!), BTH??? I'm having visions of your Mrs. C grabbing you by the ear and yanking you out of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Dory Dory wrote: »
    Oh good lord. What kind of log have we got going here?? Tunney, mossym, pgibbo (and I thought you were the golden child!), BTH???

Haha you'se are all in trouble!!! :)

No idea how I managed to duck out of that one.

How the hell did I get dragged down with the lads?? I was just wondering what was wrong with Tunneys keyboard.

How the hell did I get dragged down with the lads?? I was just wondering what was wrong with Tunneys keyboard.

yeah yeah you're the good kid that just got caught up with the bad crew. take your punishment like a man

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭griffin100

2 pages in and only 1 post on training...........ahem :pac:

I'll try and follow your log but your swim sessions hurt my eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

AKW wrote: »
    Haha you'se are all in trouble!!! :)

No idea how I managed to duck out of that one.

There's enough disappointment to go around to you too!

And don't even use the excuse that the air was too thin at the top of the podium.
    yeah yeah you're the good kid that just got caught up with the bad crew. take your punishment like a man

Bad crew, eh?
    griffin100 wrote: »
    2 pages in and only 1 post on training...........ahem :pac:

I'll try and follow your log but your swim sessions hurt my eyes.

Good man, griffin. This log could do well with the likes of you hanging about.

(wink, wink ;);))

Advertisement