Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Archiseek gone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

zetalambda wrote: »
    Hopefully. If not, then someone needs to take it behind the barn and shoot it.

You seem to have some sort of vested interest in seeing it gone. Why does it concern you so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

A Disgrace wrote: »
    You seem to have some sort of vested interest in seeing it gone. Why does it concern you so much?

A vested interest? I just think it was a great site about 10 years ago but it's like a sick old dog now and the most humane thing to do would be to put it down! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Many of us still find it a great resource despite the lack of recent updates and forum not working, so why kill it. That would be a bit like what happened to chaptersofdublin which is totally gone and only has limited content available via the waybackmachine, which is simply a pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

tricky D wrote: »
    Many of us still find it a great resource despite the lack of recent updates and forum not working, so why kill it. That would be a bit like what happened to chaptersofdublin which is totally gone and only has limited content available via the waybackmachine, which is simply a pain.

It's only the forum that I'm referring to really. I thought that it was primarily a forum with some ancillary pages so perhaps I'm wrong and it's the other way around. Maybe they should integrate the forum into another larger forum and leave the rest as is.

I'd say give it a chance. without it, we'd be in a far worse place. its still a massive resource, even if people stopped posting in it. Plus, with the impending property boom, it'll spring back to life and be more essential than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

It is a superb resource - the posts by people like Graham Hickey, gunter and Praxiteles (not that church architecture is my cup of tea) are very valuable.
    It is a pity it became unwieldy, many good posters left due to recession and others including me got locked out several times due to server changes. Still remember my arguments with PVCKing and garethrace!
    Hope it gets sorted/becomes more user friendly, best of luck with it Paul if you are reading this.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭karma_coma

Tab for the forums has been removed..hopefully in preparation for a relaunch on a new forum platform. That or it's been permanently lost :(

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭karma_coma

Apologies, it's actually back up there, but under the 'discussion' tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭That username is already in use.

Jaysus, he's really messed it up this time. Passwords have all been lost apparently.

A lot of threads are corrupted and posts no longer have users attached to them.

http://archiseek.com/forum/topic/grafton-street-dublin/page/18/

The CSS is terrible compared to before and the entire forum is squeezed into 600px width.

What a mess! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I remember back in the mid 2000s consulting that site on a near daily basis as you'd get so many varied and interesting updates on what was going on (and of course there was a lot going on in the real world then infrastructure wise, count the cranes etc). I think I wasn't even aware of Boards existence at that stage. It must be years since I checked out Archiseek and actually forgot about it until I saw this thread.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    I remember back in the mid 2000s consulting that site on a near daily basis as you'd get so many varied and interesting updates on what was going on (and of course there was a lot going on in the real world then infrastructure wise, count the cranes etc). I think I wasn't even aware of Boards existence at that stage. It must be years since I checked out Archiseek and actually forgot about it until I saw this thread.

Ah it has always had peaks and troughs – the total collapse of the construction industry meant there was very little to discuss, but now things are improving, I’d expect more activity

Don’t dig the new forum though, although hopefully they can fix it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Remember the weird post about Pyramids?

Advertisement