Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NO PERIOD NO PREGNANCY SYMTOMS

Options
  • 07-04-2016 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

so it's been 5 weeks now. no period..3 negative pregnancy test. what is going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭KikiDee

Sometimes it just happens. That's what I was told. I went about 3 months without a period. Maybe go to your doctor if you're that worried however mine just told me that sometimes it does just happen. And lo and behold, after 3 months, boom!, they came back. I wouldn't worry too much about it at this stage. Technically speaking, you're only a week or so late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MOD I'll leave this open but remember medical advice is not allowed on boards. Please visit your GP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

huichimann wrote: »
    so it's been 5 weeks now. no period..3 negative pregnancy test. what is going on?

Happened me too a few times around stressful situations, if my sleep pattern was off, if I wasn't eating properly... There are lots of reasons.

If you're concerned, see a GP who can run some tests or ask the medical questions. Probably the safest solution because you'll just hear horror stories online.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

There are lots of reasons. Sometimes our bodies like playing funny buggers with us, sometimes stress, then the stress over a missing period can just add to the stress! Sometimes there are medical causes ranging from very common and benign reasons, to others that are more concerning.

For example I had a small hormone imbalance that can cause periods to stop. Its a simple blood test to diagnose. I took a tiny tablet for about 6 months once a day. Grand now. :)

Advertisement