Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Measuring BMI in Dublin ?

• 26-02-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So where can I get measured for BMI in Dublin , but a bit cheaper then doctors fee ? Thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

BMI is just a number based on your height and weight. You can find out right now: http://www.bmicalculator.ie/

Do you mean body fat percentage?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Some scales will calculate your BMI, body fat etc. Not particulalry reliable, but a good estimate and cheaper than going to a doctor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

While I applaud your drive for accuracy. Your BMI in Dublin would be only minutely different in other parts of the world, say the equator. :)

Easy to do yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Last time I went looking, I found this one:
    http://www.safefood.eu/Healthy-Eating/Weight-Loss/BMI-calculator.aspx

It askes for Waist size and gender along with the usual measurments and talks about risks of Heart disease if the result is overweight or obese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,653 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I find body fat % to give better results ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

All you need to know is your height and weight.

Then BMI = weight ÷ (height^2)

E.g. 72kg ÷ (1.81×1.81m) gives a BMI of about 22

18.5 to 25 is considered to be a healthy weight range, 25+ is overweight and 30+ is obese.

The point of BMI is to be a good guide to whether someone has a healthy body composition using things they can easily measure without any special equipment.
    (Ie. It's not supposed to be universally true but should be for the vast majority of people)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,710 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BMI is a load of bollix. Just stand naked in front of a mirror and you will know if you are fat or not.

Advertisement