Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght not as bad as you think

Options
1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

build a bridge and get over yourselves. This is getting very boring!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Tallaght isn't really as bad as everyone says. I remember when I was younger my mother would say "stay away from Ballymun/Tallaght/Crumlin/Drimnagh or you'll get shot." Nothing has happened me yet.

I've walked through Tallaght in the middle of the night before and nothing bad is happening, same goes for Crumlin/Drimnagh. Not been to Ballymun, but frankly the place gives me the creeps. That's my own opinion.

Everywhere has it's own scumbags. Everyplace will have it's rough areas. You can't judge the whole of Tallaght from one post as Tallaght is HUGE, it's ridiculous.

I think Tallaght is nicer than the town that I live near. Now that place is FULL of scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

ricero wrote: »
    around the shankhill and bray areas there some proper dodgy spots. beleive me killiney dart station and along the beach go there at night time on a weekend and be prepared for trouble
    I'm not denying it - doesn't make the overall areas, generally speaking, blackspots for crime/anti-social behaviour though. I'm sure someone who has grown up in an area where intimidation is part of everyday life would laugh at the notion of Shankill/Dun Laoghaire (the entire areas, as opposed to certain spots) as dodgy, no-go locales.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm not denying it - doesn't make the overall areas, generally speaking, blackspots for crime/anti-social behaviour though. I'm sure someone who has grown up in an area where intimidation is part of everyday life would laugh at the notion of Shankill/Dun Laoghaire (the entire areas, as opposed to certain spots) as dodgy, no-go locales.

There's some nice spots in DL, Shannkill too, but take a walk down Georges St. in DL at any time of day or night and you will cop a serious amount of scroates and junkies. I think I would rather live in Tallaght TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    Omg Clondalkin is far worse than Tallaght, I don't know one person from Clondalkin who isn't a scumbag!

My Clondalkin-born-and-reared friend, the beautiful (seriously), intelligent Ph.D. candidate, is not a scumbag.
    the whole of the northside.

Facepalm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Speaking as someone from Tallaght, I don't think the notion is that funny at all.

I can only assume you don't know the areas at all or never lived in them. If so, bit of a mute point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Makikomi is from Ballymun, an area you mentioned earlier. Mak, do you think Dun Laoghaire and Shankill overall are dodgy, no-go areas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ricero wrote: »
    you would be surprised by the some of the scum in around the shankhill and bray areas there some proper dodgy spots. beleive me killiney dart station and along the beach go there at night time on a weekend and be prepared for trouble

rathsallagh and shanganagh cliffs, say no more.

I moved to dublin about 8 years ago, stayed there for 2 and a half years, I lived in Monastery Gate in Clondalkin, met loads of Tallaght folk over that 30 months. Went out in Tallaght (cocos and the playhouse) quite a bit, went shopping in Tallaght, looked at a few 2nd hand cars in Tallaght........ found Tallaht to be a grand spot. It's huge so obviously there are unsavoury elements. Any Dubs who view Tallaght as a whole in a negative light I would consider to be ignorant mongs.

I see some anti Clondalkin stuff above too, I must say I loved Clondalkin too, I worked in Wyeth and loads of folks working there were local, splendid folk. Really to say everyone from Clondalkin is a scumbag is laughable. Lovely little village.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I'm from Clondalkin and the only dodgy parts in DL that I could think of is around The Farm area and that's really in Monkstown I spose and it's not nearly as rough as it used to be.There's a hostel for drug addicts and alcoholics etc near the high street so thats probably why the volume of so called ''un-desirables'' seem so high.

Would definitely not call it a no go area and I wouldn't of thought that many people would,house prices there still seem pretty expensive as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Makikomi is from Ballymun, an area you mentioned earlier. Mak, do you think Dun Laoghaire and Shankill overall are dodgy, no-go areas?

He probably doesn't think ballymun is no go.

If you put it like that, no where really in dublin is no go.

But I was asking for your point of reference, not mak's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Snickers777

Tallaght is great, spent 4 years there in college no bother at all,

There is plenty of young ones pushing prams eating slices of dominos, its very popular locally

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brazilaa

Hi i have a question..... i have just been offered a house in the mac uilliam estate in jobstown/citywest area of tallaght and i was wondering if it is an alright place to live. Me an my partner are currently in studying in College and have a child and we are 21 years of age. we are worried about accepting the place in case of trouble in the area. we dont mind what really goes on to much just once its not brought into are house etc. can someone give me some advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

brazilaa wrote: »
    Hi i have a question..... i have just been offered a house in the mac uilliam estate in jobstown/citywest area of tallaght and i was wondering if it is an alright place to live. Me an my partner are currently in studying in College and have a child and we are 21 years of age. we are worried about accepting the place in case of trouble in the area. we dont mind what really goes on to much just once its not brought into are house etc. can someone give me some advice.

Youd be better asking here

Old thread Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement