Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grey hair (on guys)

• 08-10-2008 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Ladies, first post here & I'm looking for honest opinions!!

I'm a guy in my late 20s, average looking (with a young face or so I'm told) but with a shock of mostly grey hair which makes me look a hell of a lot older. When I ask other gals (or my decidedly unhelpful mates) their opinion about my gun metal locks I get the usual "it looks distinguished" reply.

The question I put to you is;

What do you think of grey hair on a guy?

I'm torn between shaving it all off, dying it (never gone there) or leaving as is...

I appreciate any responses!!!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Leave it. Grey hair is sexeh. Maybe close crop it tho? Then you get that silver winged distinguished look. Definitely leave it tho. Don't dye it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

It's hot, as Paris would say. Case in point:

E_AndersonCooper.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭Curlypinkie

^^^^ Him only applied fake tan to face? wtf?
    Back on topic, I find the salt and peppar look very attractive. Especially if it's a joyng guy. Do not crop it o short, try and leave it a normal length. Embrace it and woen will embrace you, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I'm gona be honest here and say I'm not grey hairs biggest fan, unless your George Clooney.
    I found one there the other day, none too impressed!! (I'm 23)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Better gray hair than no hair I figure.

• Advertisement

Gray hair on men is hawt. Bastids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭White_Feather

Op... Post a pic so we can really give you the honest opinion! :p But I would leave it because, grey can be so hot on guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Sangre wrote: »
    Better gray hair than no hair I figure.

Agree with ya there, know plenty of youngish fellas with thinning hair and it dont look good (callum best would be a fine example:D). Gray hair defo looks distinguished. Dont worry bout it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

hot hot hot..... need i say more????!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

My hair's going white at 23.

Dont care other than I think it looks funky *shrug*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

I'd also say to cut it quite close, its so sexy :cool: !!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

^^^^ Him only applied fake tan to face? wtf?
    Back on topic, I find the salt and peppar look very attractive. Especially if it's a joyng guy. Do not crop it o short, try and leave it a normal length. Embrace it and woen will embrace you, lol.
    OKOK, well in this photo, the guy with the grey hair is much nicer:

grey%20hair%20man.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Thanking you ladies!! Gonna go shorter anyhow, gettin to look like Miley at the mo...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Whatever you do, do not dye it!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Nursy

I agree...stay away from "Just for men"
    GinnyJo wrote: »
    Whatever you do, do not dye it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Went through college with a guy who was grey in first year and nearly white by third year! Never seemed to cause him any disadvantage, OP ;) ... in fact, he seemed to be the only one who was especially conscious of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'm 22 and have a fair bit more grey hair than anyone my age. That said all my maternal uncles were greying quite young. I recently shaved my ceann (not to cover up the greys but to try something different) and regretted it. I just preferred my old mop. I won't be pulling out the just for men or anything of the sort. Embrace it, it's just who you are is the way I see things. If it really does get to you and impact the quality of your day-to-day life then I suggest you consider to dye it or shave. Highlights might be a funkier way of doing it rather than a solid colour.

I had a brief conversation with a few female friends a few months ago and they said something along the lines of "distinguished" also. Then they started gushing about Richard Gere's and George Clooney's grey ribs so maybe there is a niche for us there yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭She Devil

Grey hair on guys . . . SEXY!!!!!

Even Ray Darcy pulls it off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

She Devil wrote: »
    Even Ray Darcy pulls it off!
    Most men do ... ! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Yup, I concur with the general consensus, grey hair is sexy! Ultimately though, it's not going to be everyone's taste - but I'd say most women would be more put off by a guy who dyes his hair than one who has naturally grey hair. Sort of like the combover vs shaving it all off scenario... it's best to just work with what you have, as Tyra would say. Fiee-us.

• Advertisement
Advertisement