Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoodia - Yay or Nay

Options
  • 06-10-2008 12:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi Ladies

Just wondering if anyone has heard of or taken the new Hoodia tablets that are out in most health shops. Was contimplating buying them to see if they were any use but wondering if anyone has taken them have they had any side effects.

They are meant to reduce your appetite.

Any feedback would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Waste of money to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Watse of money indeed.

I bought them online and have 4 jars of the things sitting in the press! Made no difference to me what so ever. I think i "imagined" they were working the first week :D but nahh lol

Don't waste your money. I bought them online. Bought 5 for the price of 3 or something stupid!! Why have i not fecked them in the bin? I threw the money away the day i bought them.

Junk imo, but i had to find out for myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Tablets to reduce your appetite?

How unhealthy is that?

I'm sick of people looking for quick fixes. Did you know they have found something that reduces weight in 100% of cases, in addition it prolongs your life and quality of lfe......................

It's called excercise.

Try it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Of course we'd all love that miracle pill that makes you lose weight the easy way but all those pills are rubbish, money making (and more than likely quite bad for your health) jokes....a good healthy diet and excercise is the only way to lose weight, don't waste your money on that crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Buy some tea bags instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Someone asked about Hoodia on another thread back in January - I posted some info - heres the link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54961854&postcount=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LG26

Thanks for all your replies and decided against buying them. Just have to stop being so lazy, get up of my ass and excercise. At the end of the day it's free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

LG26 wrote: »
    Thanks for all your replies and decided against buying them. Just have to stop being so lazy, get up of my ass and excercise. At the end of the day it's free :D

Yup, best thing you can do, visit the 'Fitness' and 'Diet & Nutrition' forums on boards.ie and you'll get great advice there.

No point in exercising to lose weight if you come home from the gym/jogging and bung a pizza in the oven and wash it down with a Coke ;) Likewise, no point watching what you eat carefully and sitting on your ass watching Will and Grace marathons every day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

LG26 wrote: »

why do ladies feel the need to get thinner, i believe that ladies are usuually perfect the size they are... true beauty in a person is whats inside not what they look like...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

robtri wrote: »
    why do ladies feel the need to get thinner, i believe that ladies are usuually perfect the size they are... true beauty in a person is whats inside not what they look like...

Robtri, we are sending you on a mission to spread the word in BGRH. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I could go on a big old rant but I won't... I think that most women feel they need to get thinner due to a combination of societal pressure and peer pressure. And men who aren't as open-minded as you :)

taconnol wrote: »
    Robtri, we are sending you on a mission to spread the word in BGRH. Good luck.

have to ask whats BGRH????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

The Beer, Guts & Receding Hairlines forum. There be dragons (and jumbo breakfast rolls)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

What if the person inside is trapped under a large layer of fat?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

What if the person inside is trapped under a large layer of fat?

LOL... a valid point. Hate that some guys are all "Oh, women don't need to lose weight, they're gorgeous how they are. Except fat ones, like."

Some people are pretty ugly inside.

shellyboo wrote: »
    LOL... a valid point. Hate that some guys are all "Oh, women don't need to lose weight, they're gorgeous how they are. Except fat ones, like."

thats terrible, why can't someone who is fat be hot sexy and beautiful....
    i am appalled by that sort of commentry...

thats terrible, why can't someone who is fat be hot sexy and beautiful....
    i am appalled by that sort of commentry...

Because as an individual who is entitled to my own preferences i simply do not find fat people attractive.

The happy joy of it is that no one can make me do this, the same way no one can make a person who might not find me attractive say that i am for the sake of political correctness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LG26

In fairness there is nothing wrong with overweight people at all but some people prefer not to be, myself included.

I was looking for a quick fix like an idiot, but have decided to put down the Pizza and DIET Coke and am hitting the gym tonight...GO ME!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, seeing as the OP has gotten all the info they wanted, I don't need to move this to Diet & Nutrition where it should have been, so I'll just lock it instead.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement