Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    So will all the Celtic fans stop using the word 'Hun' ?

After all, 'it's only used as a name for Rangers fans' :rolleyes:

No, its used to describe people that go wrecking places

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Article on merger on BBC website now http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18471197

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

It's not a new club, no matter how many times you lot keep saying it is.

It's not the same club. No matter how many times you lot keep saying it is.

It's not the same club. No matter how many times you lot keep saying it is.

Brilliant argumentation there.

But I take it if that 'new club' ever makes it back into the top league you won't be bothered too much about playing them then.

After all, it will only be another SPL club, right ?

• Advertisement

lol.

Maybe you should read up on why Rangers supporters got labelled "huns", eh? You're all running to support a new club, why would the label change?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Since the club is dead then, don't all you Celtic fans have anything else you can all clear off and be obsessed with?

Seems to me like some of you are struggling to let go, you should get counselling or something.

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Since the club is dead then, don't all you Celtic fans have anything else you can all clear off and be obsessed with?

Seems to me like some of you are struggling to let go, you should get counselling or something.

This thread is about Rangers in administration, which is still is and will be for another 3 months at least.

You go off and create a newco thread and you'll have it all to yourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Brilliant argumentation there.

But I take it if that 'new club' ever makes it back into the top league you won't be bothered too much about playing them then.

After all, it will only be another SPL club, right ?

The new club will still be based in Glasgow though, won't it!!! It's still be a city rival for Celtic

monkey9 wrote: »
    The new club will still be based in Glasgow though, won't it!!! It's still be a city rival for Celtic

Slow down, he hasnt thought that far ahead

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    This thread is about Rangers in administration, which is still is and will be for another 3 months at least.

You go off and create a newco thread and you'll have it all to yourselves

Funny you don't seem to be saying that to the Celtic fans posting about the newco in this thread so you can all have your wee joke.

You're obsessed, every last one of you.

So is Partick Thistle, maybe they can make a rivalry with them then ?

As for the Hun chants being aimed at Rangers fans for some of the stuff that happened abroad, I assume Hearts, Killie,... also trash cities when they play in Europe ?

Oh, wait, that's different!

They won't want to have rivalry with a lower division team like Rangers, they'll just have to focus their obsession elsewhere.

They won't want to have rivalry with a lower division team like Rangers, they'll just have to focus their obsession elsewhere.

I'm sure they will still mention us even if we don't play in the same league anymore ;)

Funny you don't seem to be saying that to the Celtic fans posting about the newco in this thread so you can all have your wee joke.

You're obsessed, every last one of you.

I'm not the boss of other Celtic fans or tell them how to think. Believe it or not, they have their own opinions and they are entitled to them.

I'll point and laugh at Rangers all I want, ye did it enough when we were going to the wall. If you cant handle the comeuppance then logout.

I'm sure they will still mention us even if we don't play in the same league anymore ;)

Yeah well they always were more obsessed with us than their own team. You only have to see the 'generic hun threads' on other forums to see the levels of obsession with us, hundreds of pages a thread every couple of weeks.

I'm not the boss of other Celtic fans or tell them how to think. Believe it or not, they have their own opinions and they are entitled to them.

I'll point and laugh at Rangers all I want, ye did it enough when we were going to the wall. If you cant handle the comeuppance then logout.

As an I, yet I have to go start a newco thread.

I have no problems with you laughing, laugh all you like, but don't tell me what to do when I highlight your obsession with a club you're so determined no longer exists.

Yeah well they always were more obsessed with us than their own team. You only have to see the 'generic hun threads' on other forums to see the levels of obsession with us, hundreds of pages a thread every couple of weeks.

Our club is on holidays, there is nothing meaningful to talk about that hasnt been discussed at length already.

You dont like the rivalry when you are getting peppered, funny that!

As an I, yet I have to go start a newco thread.

I have no problems with you laughing, laugh all you like, but don't tell me what to do when I highlight your obsession with a club you're so determined no longer exists.

Rangers still exists, its in administration

Our club is on holidays, there is nothing meaningful to talk about that hasnt been discussed at length already.

You dont like the rivalry when you are getting peppered, funny that!

Even during the season it's the same, a certain forum had more posts in the death of the huns thread than their championship party thread, obsessed.

You're obviously seeing things, I can't see anywhere I stated I don't like rivalry.

• Advertisement

Even during the season it's the same, a certain forum had more posts in the death of the huns thread than their championship party thread, obsessed.

You're obviously seeing things, I can't see anywhere I stated I don't like rivalry.

How long can a championship party thread be? Rangers have been dying for quite a while now and we are delight we can return the glee that was shown when we were almost put out of business especially when its your cheating that has caused your demise. There was plenty of "obsession" with us back in the day. What goes around comes around and all that.

Changing facts again are we ?

Yes, there was laughter and mocking when Celtic were in trouble, but nowhere near the amount shown towards Rangers.

Not that I'm bothered, as TheBuilder says: Obsessed.

But at least have the balls to admit it.

Changing facts again are we ?

Yes, there was laughter and mocking when Celtic were in trouble, but nowhere near the amount shown towards Rangers.

Not that I'm bothered, as TheBuilder says: Obsessed.

But at least have the balls to admit it.

I disagree because you are judging the situation largely from internet forums.

When there is a picture in a national paper of a hearse parked outside Ibrox come back to me then we can have an argument about it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lol. You got the stats on that? Not too many internet forums back then I think.

I disagree because you are judging the situation largely from internet forums.

When there is a picture in a national paper of a hearse parked outside Ibrox come back to me then we can have an argument about it.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/408/hearse2.jpg/sr=1

You were saying ?

The amount of huge banners etc. mocking the death of Rangers is far bigger than when it was Celtic who were in trouble.
    So no, I'm not talking about some idiots behind keyboards.

Imageshack isnt a national newspaper

No kidding Sherlock.

But it still happened, not my fault the Establishment newspapers (Because didn't a tim here say that the newspapers were doing their best to help us ?) didn't pick it up.

No kidding Sherlock.

But it still happened, not my fault the Establishment newspapers (Because didn't a tim here say that the newspapers were doing their best to help us ?) didn't pick it up.

The difference is that a national paper hired the hearse and parked it outside Celtic Park for its back page. Newspapers today dont have the same influence as they did then.

EDIT

Anyways, that picture at Ibrox is "inspired" by the stunt done at Celtic Park. It probably wouldnt have been done otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

So will all the Celtic fans stop using the word 'Hun' ?

After all, 'it's only used as a name for Rangers fans' :rolleyes:

It's not a new club, no matter how many times you lot keep saying it is.

Every team calls you guys huns, not just us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Have to say mate... I'm loving the hurt!!! :D;)

Advertisement