Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork Gyms

• 31-12-2012 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

I'm going to join a gym in the new year. I'm in the Cork area. What are the best gyms in Cork? What's so good about them?

What kind of money should I expect to pay? Is there any gyms to be avoided and why should they be avoided?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

where are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭ShivasIrons

where are you?

Glanmire

Glanmire

Some good options for you. Depends again on what you actually want.....free-weights/classes/both? - pay as you go, membership etc etc.

Source in Silversprings.....fairly cheap, but the place is a little run down these days (according to people I know that are members there as well as my own)

Planet in Blackpool - haven't been in here myself, but I believe they have a good selection of free weights and equipment. can't comment on the classes as I just don't know about them.

The usual suspects in City Centre, Locker Room, Mardyke (sardine can while college term is running)

I'll plug my own place as well - Train Station Gym in Midleton - a variety of classes (Kettlebells, TRX, ViPR, Combat Conditioning, Boxing, Thai Boxing). We have a decent free-weights area and some basic cardio equipment (Concept 2 rower, spinning bikes, LOTS of skipping ropes). www.trainstationgym.com or PM me if you'd like some more information?

I've missed a few here as well, I'll add as I think of them.
    Brendan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭big_drive

Sorry for bringing up an old thread but I'm also in Glanmire area and thinking of a gym for the winter.

The two close in terms of travel would be Silversprings or the Radission in Little Island.
    Anyone with feedback on either?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

radisson is tiny,source would be my choice, trained there before, good gym.Opening hours are great also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement