Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deadline Day: Bring Out The Transfer Gimp!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

greendom wrote: »
    If those 2 are going head to head for him, at least he knows they'll be getting the best possible price for him.

That's some travesty going on at Athletic in the moment. Loosing two of their key players, I guess, you can put your money on Athletic being relegated :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

That's weird, surely if he's already got Dutch citizenship, he should be able to play.

It was the reason why he wasnt at Euro2012.

Holland could have gone for dispensation at FIFA but that procedure could have taken longer than just waiting till september.
    He only got the passport earlier this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Chelsea and City, so I was told by a mate, who supports Athletic, is Basque and is about to set his Llorente shirt alight

Hope were not in from him anyway. I'd rather if we went with Cavani then Llorente.

Cavani would suit the current system better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

I thought it was Arsenal that were interested in Llornte, not Chelsea.

I thought it was Arsenal that were interested in Llornte, not Chelsea.

Ya, theres been no mention of us in for him at all, hoping it isnt anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Roger Sterling

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ya, theres been no mention of us in for him at all, hoping it isnt anyway.

He,d be ideal for ye. The whole Chelsea game plan for years hss been based on a dominnt striker who has now lwft. Llorente could fill that gap well IMO.

Chelsea was mentioned, because they need a replacement for Drogba, whereas Arsenal signed Podolski already...but on second thought, they lost RvP. So maybe three possible targets for Llorente

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Gabriele Marcotti ‏@Marcotti
    De Rossi: "I'm staying. I never asked to leave."

Chelsea are trying to get away from that mould of striker though. Our most recent purchases have all pointed towards technically gifted ball players that can see a pass and carve teams open as opposed to lumping balls upto and into the channels for a dominating CF.

I'd be really shocked if we ended up signing him and a bit disappointed TBH.

Chelsea was mentioned, because they need a replacement for Drogba, whereas Arsenal signed Podolski already...but on second thought, they lost RvP. So maybe three possible targets for Llorente

But Torres is already at Chelsea, with Sturridge in reserve. It is doubtful that City will go for him to be honest, as they have to offload strikers before any attempt would be considered. Adebayor, Santa Cruz and possibly Dzeko would have to move on before another striker could be brought in.

• Advertisement

We've only 2 strikers at the club and we left Lukaku out on loan but I would be surprsied if it was Llorente we signed when we've been reportedly in for Cavani and Hulk, yes Hulk sint a CF per-se but given the opportunity he could easily fill the gap if Torres or Danny are out.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We've only 2 strikers at the club and we left Lukaku out on loan but I would be surprsied if it was Llorente we signed when we've been reportedly in for Cavani and Hulk, yes Hulk sint a CF per-se but given the opportunity he could easily fill the gap if Torres or Danny are out.

Yeah, I've only heard of Hulk and Falcao being linked with Chelsea.

Falcao rumours have dried up but he would be my choice of all the strikers we were linked to over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Football Rumours ‏@BPLRumours
    SSN confirms the news that #MCFC have made a bid for Scott Sinclair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Lucas Barrios is already looking to move back to Europe after only 2 months in China. Doesn't like the rotation policy implemented by Lippi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,476 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Lucas Barrios is already looking to move back to Europe after only 2 months in China. Doesn't like the rotation policy implemented by Lippi.

I'd take Barrios at Arsenal we're it not for the fact that guy wants to start every game and he wouldn't with us.

Football Rumours ‏@BPLRumours
    SSN confirms the news that #MCFC have made a bid for Scott Sinclair.

Just scrolling through that, City have bid for Cavani, Jovetic and Neymar!....

And we'll prob get Scott Sinclair. Statement of intent or what :P

I mentioned that story in the Liverpool thread already yesterday ;)

But apparently, Wolfsburg are after him already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Hearing a bit about Pablo Hernandez moving to Swansea being close.

Could be a great signing for them if he can get back into form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

elefant wrote: »
    Hearing a bit about Pablo Hernandez moving to Swansea being close.

Could be a great signing for them if he can get back into form.

Yeah I saw this on Marca the other day. A very good player on his day, though from reading a few of the comments underneath the article it seems a lot of Valencia fans would be happy if he left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I mentioned that story in the Liverpool thread already yesterday ;)

But apparently, Wolfsburg are after him already :(

Helmes, Jönsson, Olic, Bas Dost and Lakic.

Yep, I can see why Magath needs another striker. Typical from him.

Helmes, Jönsson, Olic, Bas Dost and Lakic.

Yep, I can see why Magath needs another striker. Typical from him.

He is just a scavenger, still in the huff, because Barrios didn't join his plastic club already, but moved to China instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Have to laugh at the shock and horror from City Fans as De Rossi has said he doesnt want to leave Roma.

So far I have heard he will make a proper salary (He already takes home about 15 million a year which is obviously not enough to live off)

have the chance to win the PL ( When he retires and looks over at his World Cup Winners medal im sure he will be thinking damn I wish I won a PL title)

The guy was born and bred in Rome, grew up a Roma fan and is known as future captain, he is revered there on a level only second to Totti which isnt bad considering it goes Jesus < God < Totti.

This is abit ranty but it seems to happen everytime a player rejects a move to the premiership, same questions asked about sneijder last season. Sometimes a guy just doesnt want to move to the cold and miserable cities of Manchester, Liverpool and London.

The only indication De Rossi ever gave that he was thinking of leaving was when his father-in-law (I think) was murdered. I remember at the time he was heavily linked with a move away because he wanted to get away from his family connection to the Roman underworld.

It appears that that has thankfully been sorted now.

Trippie wrote: »
    Have to laugh at the shock and horror from City Fans as De Rossi has said he doesnt want to leave Roma.

So far I have heard he will make a proper salary (He already takes home about 15 million a year which is obviously not enough to live off)

have the chance to win the PL ( When he retires and looks over at his World Cup Winners medal im sure he will be thinking damn I wish I won a PL title)

The guy was born and bred in Rome, grew up a Roma fan and is known as future captain, he is revered there on a level only second to Totti which isnt bad considering it goes Jesus < God < Totti.

This is abit ranty but it seems to happen everytime a player rejects a move to the premiership, same questions asked about sneijder last season. Sometimes a guy just doesnt want to move to the cold and miserable cities of Manchester, Liverpool and London.

Where did that come from? I've heard no City fan crying about it?

He's on 6 million a year, rumour had it he would double it, which is a big chunk of change.

Any player with ambition wants medals. PL medal is quite an achievement as is a better prospect at challenging for CL.

Well it's obviously the weather that dictates a cities appeal. Manchester and Liverpool are great cities, and London is one of the best cities in the world.

Well it's obviously the weather that dictates a cities appeal. Manchester and Liverpool are great cities, and London is one of the best cities in the world.

To be fair, Rome, without any exaggeration, could claim to be the most beautiful city in the world.

carlop wrote: »
    To be fair, Rome, without any exaggeration, could claim to be the most beautiful city in the world.

Anywhere can claim that. Barcelona, Edinburgh, Paris, London, Dublin ....

I'm not disputing Rome is a fantastic city, but to say Manchester, Liverpool and London are not up to De Rossi's standards is plain farcical. If that was the case, why does anyone leave Rome?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Where did that come from? I've heard no City fan crying about it?

He's on 6 million a year, rumour had it he would double it, which is a big chunk of change.

Any player with ambition wants medals. PL medal is quite an achievement as is a better prospect at challenging for CL.

from my facebook, twitter feed etc.

with endorsements he makes about 15 apparently,

With regards to the bolded does this mean winning a PL medal is better than a seria A one? Capello once said that winning a league in rome is worth 10 in Milan or Turin, now roma actually have a very good chance of doing something this season, I think they can get second place easily enough.

I know its more than the weather that dictates a city, but things like quality of food, weather, language, his 7 yr old daughter being back in Rome. talked about ambition and winning a PL medal, it isnt worth that imo. Oh and I lived in London, its a ****ty city to be honest, great to visit but so many better places out there than it.

Anywhere can claim that. Barcelona, Edinburgh, Paris, London, Dublin ....

I'm not disputing Rome is a fantastic city, but to say Manchester, Liverpool and London are not up to De Rossi's standards is plain farcical. If that was the case, why does anyone leave Rome?

Hence why I said 'without exaggeration,' of the cities you mentioned only Paris could justifiably be described as equal in beauty to Rome.

People might leave Rome for a variety of reasons, but in De Rossi's case it appears he has the typical Roman trait of being fiercely proud of his surroundings, and the difference in money obviously doesn't matter that much to him as he's obscenely rich regardless.

• Advertisement

Trippie wrote: »
    from my facebook, twitter feed etc.

with endorsements he makes about 15 apparently,

With regards to the bolded does this mean winning a PL medal is better than a seria A one? Capello once said that winning a league in rome is worth 10 in Milan or Turin, now roma actually have a very good chance of doing something this season, I think they can get second place easily enough.

I know its more than the weather that dictates a city, but things like quality of food, weather, language, his 7 yr old daughter being back in Rome. talked about ambition and winning a PL medal, it isnt worth that imo. Oh and I lived in London, its a ****ty city to be honest, great to visit but so many better places out there than it.

To be fair, if you are looking to facebook comments as an indication of City fans opinions I honestly can't argue. Most comments consist of 'Me like the Tevez Carlos he play good so'. I took it you were posting on here with regard to what City fans have said, of which they have never said anything like that about De Rossi.

I was just going on wages, I'm sure he'd still have his endorsements on top of that.

I don't know how you got PL is better than Serie A from my comment. I stated the PL is an achievement, is it not?

So is coming second worth 5? You do realise that in reality a league title is a league title, you may claim to appreciate it more, but that's jsut opinion.

I know De Rossi wants to stay in Rome, he never said otherwise. I never expected him to leave. He has family settled and the language barrier, but so do umpteen other international players and they seem to manage it.

If you don't think ambition is important in your future captain, that's a worrying sign, he doesn't have to move but if the quality of food matters more than trophies, maybe he should be a chef.

I don't particularly like London, but I'm not going to state it is a rubbish City, because it obviously isn't. It's just not to my taste.

Advertisement