Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Dunne Sandyford Beacon

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

e-Mo0? wrote: »
    Alright awesome, thanks for the help. Just joined up. Guessing the pilates is a busy class, gotta bite the bullet on that one!

no bother - it's a grand spot, there's lashes of classes but I've never had the bottle to go into one

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Does anybody know if you join one can you go to other ben dunne gyms? or get any sort of dual membership discount for 2 gyms

I see some memberships cost more than others so no doubt I would have to pay the higher one at least. I would only be using 2 of the gyms, one near work, one near home. Its not like I can use both at once so no loss to them really, unless its franchised.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

rubadub wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you join one can you go to other ben dunne gyms? or get any sort of dual membership discount for 2 gyms

I see some memberships cost more than others so no doubt I would have to pay the higher one at least. I would only be using 2 of the gyms, one near work, one near home. Its not like I can use both at once so no loss to them really, unless its franchised.

Don't know about dual membership, but you can't go to two gym's. I had to transfer from Sandyford to Lucan and got a new card in the process. Took a while too. As a side note, they refunded the difference in memberships, so credit where it's due.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭swededmonkey

as far as I'm aware, your membership is for that gym only.

I remember they had to close for maintenance for a few days a little while back, there were signs up then saying you could use an alternative gym

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hey all,

I know this is an old thread, but as its on the topic of Ben Dunne Sandyford I figured I'd resurrect this thread.

I'm joining this gym and plan on going on Monday, however can anyone tell me how exactly to get to the parking at the front? I parked somewhere and walked to the gym yesterday to have a looksee but I dont know the area well (joining as it is on the way to/from work).

Thanks in advance,

Rob

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

budhabob wrote: »
    Hey all,

I know this is an old thread, but as its on the topic of Ben Dunne Sandyford I figured I'd resurrect this thread.

I'm joining this gym and plan on going on Monday, however can anyone tell me how exactly to get to the parking at the front? I parked somewhere and walked to the gym yesterday to have a looksee but I dont know the area well (joining as it is on the way to/from work).

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Huge underground car park there.
    Drive in and the ramp down on your left.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

I am looking to join a gym in Dublin and I was looking at this gym. I live near Rathmines but work in Leopardstown, I recently went to Swan Centre in Rathmines but found it seriously lacking on the weights section. I was previously a member of Queens PEC Gym in Belfast which was a decent gym so I am looking for something similar.

I am just wondering how busy does this place get after 5? Would you recommend the gym? Or is there better gyms I should look at?

EDIT:
    I just noticed there is one in Terenure is closer to where I live and I was wondering how good it is and how busy it gets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

not1but4 wrote: »
    I am looking to join a gym in Dublin and I was looking at this gym. I live near Rathmines but work in Leopardstown, I recently went to Swan Centre in Rathmines but found it seriously lacking on the weights section. I was previously a member of Queens PEC Gym in Belfast which was a decent gym so I am looking for something similar.

I am just wondering how busy does this place get after 5? Would you recommend the gym? Or is there better gyms I should look at?

EDIT:
    I just noticed there is one in Terenure is closer to where I live and I was wondering how good it is and how busy it gets?

I go to Sandyford. I've only gone in the evening once (around 7) and I'll never go again. Weights area was packed. Might be ok to get a workout done with a gym buddy if you pair up to hog a bench, but that's it.

I work odd shifts so can afford to go at unusual times, which works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

not1but4 wrote: »
    I am looking to join a gym in Dublin and I was looking at this gym. I live near Rathmines but work in Leopardstown, recently went to Swan Centre in Rathmines but found it seriously lacking on the weights section. I was previously a member of Queens PEC Gym in Belfast which was a decent gym so I am looking for something similar.

EDIT:

If you live in Rathmines, you should be going to Raw Condition gym. It's a no brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

Sorry to bump this thread to life again, but TF is possibly coming back. The whole place has been cleaned out and some stuff has been reorganized inside. They have also asked a building permission to "have more parking space" and to "change the usage type downstairs" what ever that means.

More info on their facebook page "PE fitness"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭ted1

tnethacker wrote: »
    Sorry to bump this thread to life again, but TF is possibly coming back. The whole place has been cleaned out and some stuff has been reorganized inside. They have also asked a building permission to "have more parking space" and to "change the usage type downstairs" what ever that means.

More info on their facebook page "PE fitness"

Are PE fitness opening a grade centre?

Because that's the only planning permission that has being applied for.
    http://planning.dlrcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPDETAIL.DisplayUrl?theApnID=D14A/0514&backURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=1329319%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E%20%3E%20%3Ca%20href='wphappsearchres.displayResultsURL?ResultID=1484234%26StartIndex=1%26SortOrder=rgndat:desc%26DispResultsAs=WPHAPPSEARCHRES%26BackURL=%3Ca%20href=wphappcriteria.display?paSearchKey=1329319%3ESearch%20Criteria%3C/a%3E'%3ESearch%20Results%3C/a%3E

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gavindublin

They wanted open it as a garden centre. But someone in sutton, yes sutton!!!, complained any alterations to the building would ruin their view of the mountains.

I live in the apartments and let the planning people in. Thats what was on their documents

I live in the apartments and let the planning people in. Thats what was on their documents

Do you live in the apartments that are designated for the sports village? I note that their is an enforcement order in place because they are not zoned for residential. Have you being served with an eviction notice, or what action is being taken ?

See page 9 of 14 on the planners report

Not so far. All have been informed that the problem came up but haven't been told to leave.
    Hopefully it all gets sorted soon, its a waste of a great facility

Not so far. All have been informed that the problem came up but haven't been told to leave.
    Hopefully it all gets sorted soon, its a waste of a great facility

Kilternan sports hotel has just being sold and I imagine will be finished and open within 18 months. There catchment area would severely overlap the TF site and could pose as another obstacle for a future operation

Advertisement