Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MYPROTEIN Creatine consistency

Options
  • 12-08-2014 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

has anyone had a situation like this.
    My latest order from myprotein, the creatine was very very fine and crystallized, looks almost like sugar. Mine is usually a denser consistency of powder and not crystallized. I got on to My Protein and they sent the below response. I was going to dump the first batch, but has anyone else had this experience?

"Thank you for getting in touch regarding Myprotein Creatine Monohydrate - 1KG. We are very sorry to hear that you have experienced an issue with this item.

We are often asked why there are subtle variances with regard to the way a product mixes, looks and even sometimes tastes. This often happens when items are ordered continuously over time and therefore different batches are created for that product. Although these differences are often small, we understand that they do sometimes cause concern.

These small differences are referred to as batch variance and although you may sometimes feel you can detect the subtle nuance of taste or a difference in how the product mixes, you can rest assured that the nutritional content and quality will remain the same.

Myprotein employ the latest principles of HACCP and GMP to remain “best in class”. Our Quality Department carries out organoleptic testing on all products before release, and also retains the services of an Independent laboratory to assure full microbiological safety.

Accredited with ISO 9001:2008 certification, we are 100% committed to providing exceptional quality and assurance with all our products.

We are confident that this batch meets the high standards that Myprotein prides itself upon. However, we value your custom and opinion and as a gesture of goodwill we have replaced the item for you.

You will receive a confirmation email as soon as the goods are dispatched.

If there is anything else that we can do, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Do you normally order from MP? Is it always monohydrate you get?

In my experience, it's always been micro-crystalline rather than a fine powder like whey.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Did you buy creapure one time and their own brand another time? They have a slightly different consistency and their own one seems to dissolve a bit easier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

Do you normally order from MP? Is it always monohydrate you get?

In my experience, it's always been micro-crystalline rather than a fine powder like whey.

always bought from MYP (UK and here) and always mono and it has never been so fine and never saw crystals. it looks like sugar!

never ask dense as whey but not as fine as sugar (is my best way of describing what it is usually like)

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Rough Sleeper

I don't know how creatine is manufactured on an industrial scale, but at bench level you can get a compound in crystalline or powdered form depending on how you carry out the purification. Supplement companies don't have the most stellar reputation when it comes to quality control, but I wouldn't necessarily be concerned based on the consistency of the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

They usually mention the crystalline thing as a means to resist moisture damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

suppose i bagged me a freebie then

Advertisement