Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Cleaning Bargains

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Got the liquid clay myself. Can wait to try it to see if its any good.

This is water. Inspiring speech by David Foster Wallace https://youtu.be/DCbGM4mqEVw?si=GS5uDvegp6Er1EOG

Halfords, presumably making a pricing error, for the UK/NI customers, or if anyone just fancies taking the spin to Newry, either...

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/cleaning-kits/simoniz-complete-car-care-kit-interior-exterior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Halfords, presumably making a pricing error, for the UK/NI customers, or if anyone just fancies taking the spin to Newry, either...

can't find the correct price of it anywhere. ...

You can bet it's supposed to be multiples more than £20, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Got the liquid clay too along with a couple of bottles of glass polish they had two turtle wax types, also got some metal polish.

Used the glass polish today and it's very similar to Auto glym glass polish no complaints either ways

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/cleaning-products/cleaning-kits/simoniz-complete-car-care-kit-interior-exterior

Heading to a chap in the North on Thursday to get a heater fixed on the car.

Considering picking one of these up while im up there. Price seems good, but can I ask, does anyone here actually use Simoniz stuff? Are they worth getting? or is it all fairly crappy stuff that you wouldn't really buy unless it was practically being given to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Without actually having used any; this is what I would be thinking!

Back to Black Tyreshine - Will give a decent gloss but wont last
    Quickshine Wax - Spray on shine, will last a few days
    Shampoo & Wax - Probably reasonable enough, if you use a decent splash of it into the bucket
    Ultracare Alloy Cleaner - Probably clean the wheels, but due to being quite aggressive
    Gloss Dashboard Protector - if you like a shiny dashboard, then probably reasonable, but will attract more dust
    Upholstery & Carpet Cleaner - Will likely do an OK job, as with most APCs
    Anti-Glare Glass Wipes - no harm in having them, probably not as streak free as they suggest
    Large Sponge & Polishing Cloth - sponge? really!! Polishing cloth? no polish in the kit. Might be handy to have to buff the glass after the wipes!

For 20 quid....you'll probably use it, and think sure it was only 20 quid - dont expect to be blown away!

I suppose that's a pretty fair summary alright. Ah, I suppose there'd be no harm in picking that set up, to have it there, but at the same time it'd be just as handy to swing into you some time and grab a few of the essentials instead (I seem to go through iron/tar products lightning fast).

Will probably give you a shout at the end of the week or early next week. Planning to clean the car this week (after a lengthy absence) so will know what products I'm out of, then. :)

Dont get me wrong - there'd be no harm in having them, for those jobs when you get asked to do a quick job on someones car, that you know they'll only appreciate for a few days and have the car in a sorry state again in no time! ;)

• Advertisement

Curran wrote: »
    and have the car in a sorry state again in no time! ;)

A recurring theme in my car cleaning ventures :p

A recurring theme in my car cleaning ventures :p

No complaints when they are paying customers - not so much fun if its friends and family! ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

3 for 2 on Autogylm products in Halfords atm

Advertisement