Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' Trailer!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Heh, I appreciate one of the IMDB posts:
    I always envisioned Zaphod as a giant solemn frog, so this trailer has sorely disappointed me. Further more, I always thought of the guide itself as more of a large heavy canister of petrol, and I certainly can't see Mos Def playing Ford what with him only having two eyes.

But all those problems aside, what I find most infuriating is that Marvin is not, in fact, a tiny orange dinosaur like I so vividly remember seeing in the radio series.

Being a huge fan of the brilliant Douglas Adams I am furious that this movie is not exactly like I hoped it would be. Even though I haven't actually seen the movie yet, I'm absolutely certain that the quick two minute trailer has telepathically communicated with me, letting me know beyond a doubt that this movie is complete garbage. If Douglas Adams were alive today he would be mortified that my vision of the movie was not created.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

steveland? wrote:
    Exactly. Ford Prefect is supposed to be different from everyone else. How better to make him stand out than make him a black man where there's not likely to be any black men?

Good point. Well, I remember in the TV series, David Dixon wore coloured contact lens, thats what was done to make him stand out. I'm sure there are a lot more black men from Guildford now, but not necessarily with an american accent. :) But, it was more of a surprise to me to find that Ford was black, than say, um, if Samuel L Jackson played Zaphod! :D

I'm still to be convinced that Mos Def is right for the role, regardless of skin colour. And, also, reading reviews on other forums with replies like "dude!" and "awesome!" don't fully convince me that this will be awsome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

What's all this I've been hearing about a love story as well?

99% of the rest of the decisions I can live with, and I'm even happy about but for me personally there never was a "love story" in the first book!

Either way though I'll be at the cinema with my towel in April!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Saruman wrote:
    I take it that robot was marvin in the clip.. funny.. i always imagined marvin to be a bit like bender in futurama... since i read the books long before futurama was concieved i would have to say this was my imagination and not based on Bender...

So I'm not the only one then? I always thought he was a gun-metal grey, vaguely cylindrical 'bot, dunno why really, but like you I read the books well before Futurama appeared, so it wasn't from that.

I've no sound in work, but I'm certainly intrigued by the trailer. I always thought the Vogon ships were really, really yellow though, JCB yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Its funny that you mention futurama because when I saw malfunctioning eddie all I thought was......
    Marvin
    peelsig21.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

Christ almighty, this is the best trailer they could come up with?

Looks like Yet Another American Comedy. It does NOT bode well for the film.

Advertisement