Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*TY OFF-TOPIC THREAD* 2014/2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mr Rhode Island Red

ElmW13 wrote: »
    We doing different modules and sport, nutrition and film are all on at the same time. Ended up having a class of PE and around an hour and a half of kayaking and paddle boarding today. Beginning to release how unfit I am after the summer...

Did anyone have summer jobs?

No unfortunately. Tried filling stations, hardware stores, shops, pubs, no luck.
    Only work going was fairly severe manual labour (fancy a few 8 hour days in the bog?) Or driving tractors, which I was too young to do.

The few jobs local businesses have on offer are reserved for 5th years and up. As with most places, a bit of 'pull'/inside contacts helps greatly too

Maybe next year

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

nanook5 wrote: »
    We get to do rowing in UL(and on the Shannon) , Tennis,Judo and Golf for our P.E

That's our whole year of P.E :D

Id love that! Were doing 3 weeks of GAA training so then at the end we can have a foundation degree and we can train kids hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Carlingford tomorrow, but I just realised that we'll be getting our results in just over a week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

We'd the guy in from inspireland.ie today.
    Was pretty ok, good to get out of class. ;)

Starting work experience tomorrow in Tommy Hilfiger, nerves are at me hahaha

• Advertisement

Just got myself a week in a small animals clinic :cool: for work experience in January

Started work today, I am a slaveeeee, they actually take advantage of this free labour hahaha.. Had to organise 600 hangers into 6 different categories, detag 12 crates of clothes and clean the whole top floor(hoover,polish every single shelf). 4 more weeks left, yay....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Started work today, I am a slaveeeee, they actually take advantage of this free labour hahaha.. Had to organise 600 hangers into 6 different categories, detag 12 crates of clothes and clean the whole top floor(hoover,polish every single shelf). 4 more weeks left, yay....

Where are you working? I'd give your school a call and tell them and ask for advice. That's what we were told to do if we felt the company was taking advantage of us.

Where are you working? I'd give your school a call and tell them and ask for advice. That's what we were told to do if we felt the company was taking advantage of us.

Hilfiger! I'll see how I get on next week and if its as bad as it was today then I'll definitely ring up my year head! It was so ridiculous like I doubt the employees had to do any of that when they started out?!:/

Hilfiger! I'll see how I get on next week and if its as bad as it was today then I'll definitely ring up my year head! It was so ridiculous like I doubt the employees had to do any of that when they started out?!:/

I'd definitely ring your year head if happens again. That's a disgrace the way they are taking advantage of you. We were specifically told that if we felt we were being taking advantage to ring our guidance councillor who's in charge of work experience and they'd call in to us and see what we were doing and have a chat with the manager.

• Advertisement

I'd definitely ring your year head if happens again. That's a disgrace the way they are taking advantage of you. We were specifically told that if we felt we were being taking advantage to ring our guidance councillor who's in charge of work experience and they'd call in to us and see what we were doing and have a chat with the manager.

I know :( Ya see I rang the manager yesterday and she hadn't a clue about me starting because when I applied for it it was a different manager so it looked like they hadn't a clue what to do with me! Like when I was told to clean it looked like the room was cleaned like 10 minutes before hand cause there wasn't a speck.of dust anywhere and they still wanted me to do it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

I know :( Ya see I rang the manager yesterday and she hadn't a clue about me starting because when I applied for it it was a different manager so it looked like they hadn't a clue what to do with me! Like when I was told to clean it looked like the room was cleaned like 10 minutes before hand cause there wasn't a speck.of dust anywhere and they still wanted me to do it :(

wow thats ridiculous, but all in all it's an experience and life lesson which is the most important thing (imo)

Any one here have any ideas for what I should get for my birthday its next weekend and I've no ideas at all and my parents are asking me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Any one here have any ideas for what I should get for my birthday its next weekend and I've no ideas at all and my parents are asking me.

scholarship to harvard university for abnormal jc results. JK Dunno :p

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

What's your budget? :D

Haha I'd say with my results I'd get lucky of they agreed to pay for me to go to a random IT in the middle of the country. Haha

I don't have a budget basically anything within reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Depends what you're into. That got me thinking though, do many people get results presents? I'm not expecting anything but the results coincide pretty well with the release of destiny ;)

S_Hick12 wrote: »
    Depends what you're into. That got me thinking though, do many people get results presents? I'm not expecting anything but the results coincide pretty well with the release of destiny ;)

I'm getting €20 . I've never gotten any presents before .

Already pre-ordered destiny for release day delivery :D :P

@Computerking Get clothes or games or FOOD :pac:

Most people I know are getting results presents and my father announced the other day that since the moto 360 is being released I'll be getting that. Most of my friends are getting new Iphones.

I'm not into gaming actually which people find weird but anyway. There's no point getting clothes as I was in the US on holidays and brought back nearly 2 checked bags of new clothes alone so I don't think I'll be getting new clothes. That's why I've asked I'm actually clueless.

Just realised I actually have homework for the weekend due tomorrow.

It's TY for God's sake.....

• Advertisement

I've a good bit too :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭smiles_1998

I have English and Geography which I REALLY dont want to do...:( I wouldn't even mind doing homework if it had a point to it but it's just so pointless- the English homework has nothing to do with what we are doing in class, our teacher just couldn't give us no homework for the weekend...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭IrishLassie26

Only 2days until results now! I'm actually really looking forward to getting them :p Anyone else loving it or dreading it???

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Considering I actually put effort in I'm expecting a present lol thought my parents had copped on to it but I had to spell it out for my mam yesterday, they are seriously not pushed about the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DoktorFrog

Good Luck Tomorrow Everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭MissCupcake

Hope everyone was happy with their results! what are ye all thinking of TY so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ElmW13

Hope everyone was happy with their results! what are ye all thinking of TY so far?

It's a nice change from last year. Went hillwalking yesterday. I never want to see another hill again! The subjects that were doing this year are interesting too. What do you think of it?

ElmW13 wrote: »
    It's a nice change from last year. Went hillwalking yesterday. I never want to see another hill again! The subjects that were doing this year are interesting too. What do you think of it?

Went hillwalking last week, feel the same way haha. it's good enough we didn't do much this week so I was a bit bored tbh next week we have more stuff organised so it should be better! Sometimes I feel like I want the teachers to give me proper work lol! I felt like the week was over after the Jc results but it wasn't Thursday and Friday were torture

I like it. Our musical was announced last week as "7 brides for 7 brothers" which should be good craic considering there's loads of characters, instead of 1 or 2 main ones.

//Start of Rant
    Only thing that is really annoying me (and I mean seriously annoying me) is Mini-Company.

Normally, TY's got to do loads of stuff in the school like bake sales, competitions, "Oreo Days" etc. to make a bit of money for ourselves. But the principal has said that it was causing too much disruption to both TY and other year groups in the school.

Sooo Mini-Company has now become a "useful" opportunity for us to trudge through the JC Business Studies curriculum all over again, which I think is silly considering:
    • A lot of people in my year didn't do JC Business, the teachers are presuming knowledge of JC Business material, so many are now completely lost
    • What happens at JC stays at JC, we don't need to do it again in TY:mad:

/End of Rant//

Other than that it's good craic, we're doing DCG, Drama, Home Ec, Young Scientist, Journalism Competitions, starting bands for the craic, and in general doing stuff we didn't have the time to do last year

• Advertisement

I like it. Our musical was announced last week as "7 brides for 7 brothers" which should be good craic considering there's loads of characters, instead of 1 or 2 main ones.

//Start of Rant
    Only thing that is really annoying me (and I mean seriously annoying me) is Mini-Company.

Normally, TY's got to do loads of stuff in the school like bake sales, competitions, "Oreo Days" etc. to make a bit of money for ourselves. But the principal has said that it was causing too much disruption to both TY and other year groups in the school.

Sooo Mini-Company has now become a "useful" opportunity for us to trudge through the JC Business Studies curriculum all over again, which I think is silly considering:
    • A lot of people in my year didn't do JC Business, the teachers are presuming knowledge of JC Business material, so many are now completely lost
    • What happens at JC stays at JC, we don't need to do it again in TY:mad:

/End of Rant//

Other than that it's good craic, we're doing DCG, Drama, Home Ec, Young Scientist, Journalism Competitions, starting bands for the craic, and in general doing stuff we didn't have the time to do last year

I know exactly what you're saying! I hate when they start doing JC stuff again Ffs

Advertisement