Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debs are a ripoff!!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

laura! wrote: »
    the park inn... there's been alot of rumours of it closing down. are you from dundalk?

Nope, not from Dundalk. And if I hear one more thing about The Park Inn closing down, I will actually scream :p

<sigh> Someone's Mam rang them, apparently they're not closing down, they're under new management. Besides, our contract is with Debs Ireland, if it does close down, Debs Ireland will have to accommodate us some how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

Nope, not from Dundalk. And if I hear one more thing about The Park Inn closing down, I will actually scream :p

<sigh> Someone's Mam rang them, apparently they're not closing down, they're under new management. Besides, our contract is with Debs Ireland, if it does close down, Debs Ireland will have to accommodate us some how.

ahh well then your alright! the food isn't great there but who even eats the meals anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

ahh well then your alright! the food isn't great there but who even eats the meals anyway.

ME!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

When is Debs food ever edible? Generally it's shoved in front of you, disgusting anyway, and taken away before you've had a chance to breathe. Meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

are debs committee decided to organise our debs this year through debs ireland. €87 per ticket.... anyone else think thats ridiculous. theres supposed to be a medieval theme to it but they just use that for every school they do and so we are paying for decorations that they reuse over and over again. don't book with debs ireland if your wise! how much is everyone else paying for their tickets??????????
    One of the simplest ideas in business is The correct price for something is the one people are willing to pay for it. Businessmen and women who own and run businesses know you are going to pay €87 for your ticket...
    are you actually even suggesting that a girl wouldn't go to her own debs!!!!hahahaha your funny
    ...and evidentally they also know there is little or no risk of competing with an alternative or a facing boycott.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Debs are a ripoff, which is why I won't be attending mine. As someone mentioned earlier, the whole thing is just a glorified session. I don't like 95% of the people in my year, so maybe for my debs night I'll spend a fraction of the cost of money going out and having a better time with people I can actually stand being around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

our commitee booked ours with debs ireland, it's €185 for two tickets...
    going to the old darnley lodge for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

I was on my debs committee back in the day, and the organisation involved was a nightmare, especially when we were trying to study for the leaving cert as well. Our hotel double-booked us with a wedding, and we only found this out in may, and ended up being stuck in a much posher more expensive hotel miles out of town, which of course meant we'd go collecting even more money off everyone .... then dj was sick on the night, so the day of the debs itself I was so busy trying to get a back-up that I missed my hair and makeup appointments and ended up with just 20 mins to get myself ready ... there were plenty of other mini-disasters along the way too. If something like debs ireland existed back then, we would definitely have gone with it, even if it was a bit more expensive!

Also, lots of people don't go to their debs. It's not that unreasonable of a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

are you actually even suggesting that a girl wouldn't go to her own debs!!!!hahahaha your funny

Highly offended non attending girl here ...

My school's Debs commitee are organising everything themselves and it's costing about €70 per ticket, and there's been a lot of grumbling and rabble rabble-ing about the whole thing. You can't please everyone at the end of the day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

i was on my debs committee aswell and seriously it's worth shopping around... ya ya it's a pain in the arse and I know it's hard enough finding places that actually do debs but you can end up saving a fortune...... good place to start is the debs website debsball.ie as every venue etc. on this website cater for debs so is very helpful www.debsball.ie

My advice: shop around guys!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Well according to the little reciept in my wallet I've paid 100 euro. Huh. Wonder how much I still have to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Jordonvito

im in 6th year now and we had our debs back in september, most of us were only 16 or 17, our debs was €60 a ticket, but most of us left at 12 and went back to a shed for a massive party! best night ever

so in otherwords find a shed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 YER_MA

€85 should be €105 but seeing as it's not my debs I won't be paying the €105 for the grad night in TBMC :D

Advertisement