Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sync sports events with google calendar

Options
  • 18-03-2011 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to have premiership fixtures, champions league, internationals, 6 nations etc synced with my calendar, any quick method?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

if you use Google Calendar, go to the Website, On the left under "Other Calendars" click add, then Browse Interesting Calendars.

This has Premiership, Champions League and some Rugby (not internationals)

That will do it for some of what your looking for anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Thats exactly what I want, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Now that's synced on the calendar, it shows up at the head of each day, but not showing up in the launcher pro widget or calendar app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

go into your Calendar app, select Menu, More, Calendars, and set the new calendars you have added to "synced and visible"

This will make them appear at the top of each day, not sure if they will show up in your Launcher Pro Widget though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

As an example, in the EPL section, you need to subscribe to individual teams. Is there a group option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭yfaykya

Annoyingly you cannot sync these calendars to your mobile. People have been moaning to google about it for a couple of years now..

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

nedd wrote: »
    if you use Google Calendar, go to the Website, On the left under "Other Calendars" click add, then Browse Interesting Calendars.

This has Premiership, Champions League and some Rugby (not internationals)

That will do it for some of what your looking for anyway.

That's a nice feature. I've been using google calender for ages and never noticed that before. Got a lot of handy stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

nedd wrote: »
    go into your Calendar app, select Menu, More, Calendars, and set the new calendars you have added to "synced and visible"

This will make them appear at the top of each day, not sure if they will show up in your Launcher Pro Widget though.

Every time I select menu, more and then calendars the calendar app force closes on me?
    Anyone else having this issue??

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Now that's synced on the calendar, it shows up at the head of each day, but not showing up in the launcher pro widget or calendar app.

Did you ever get the sports fixtures to show up in the launcher pro widget?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭steve_r

yfaykya wrote: »
    Annoyingly you cannot sync these calendars to your mobile. People have been moaning to google about it for a couple of years now..

Workaround for this is to click into the event and then copy it into your own calendar. Very time consuming, I'd be delighted if someone knows a better way?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,460 ✭✭✭✭28064212

yfaykya wrote: »
    ?? I can and I only have Android 2.1. Open Calendar => Menu => More => My Calendars, and tick all the ones you want to show up

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dots104

28064212 wrote: »
    ?? I can and I only have Android 2.1. Open Calendar => Menu => More => My Calendars, and tick all the ones you want to show up

Running 2.3.3 on gs2 I can only get Irish holidays to show up. None of the football or rugby that is in my calendar shows on the mobile. Also do you have to put each team individually or is it possible to select whole leagues and tournaments.

dots104 wrote: »
    Running 2.3.3 on gs2 I can only get Irish holidays to show up. None of the football or rugby that is in my calendar shows on the mobile. Also do you have to put each team individually or is it possible to select whole leagues and tournaments.
    Each team individually.

That's odd. If you follow the steps I posted above in the default calendar app, do you just see those two calendars in the list?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

28064212 wrote: »

And you can get the sports calendar to show up on your phone???:confused:

I thought there was legal reasons as to why Google can't sync the sports calendars to mobiles..................

G1032 wrote: »
    And you can get the sports calendar to show up on your phone???:confused:

I thought there was legal reasons as to why Google can't sync the sports calendars to mobiles..................
    Wait, hang-on.... feck.

Ok, apologies everyone. The google sports calendars aren't showing up. I was using an external one for the Rugby World Cup that is showing up, and that was what was confusing me. Sorry all!

:o:o:o:o:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I have a good few set up and they all show on my Desire running 2.3 with the stock Calendar app/widget - what ones are you looking for?
    I did find a lot of the Google ones were crap and were not updated frequently so I went and found other ones and they all show on the PC and phone

Great little tool here for making your own one for football http://fixtures.thismonkey.com/cgi-bin/football-fixture.pl?view=latest/efa/2009/efafixture-2009.shtmltype=ha/efa/2009/efafixture-2009.shtmlcode=football and then for others I just went and searched for .ics files for various things I am interested in

Advertisement