Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nenagh Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭michaelm

Great to see some activity on the thread again. Just to let people know of a n event coming up in the town on April 22nd when Nenagh hosts a major Cycling race. In conjunction with the event there will be a food festival in the town on the day, street entertainment and a fun cycle for Kids! All the details are available here:

www.visitnenagh.net

The project is being promotoed by a few of us with an interest in cycling and also the local area. We are hoping that this event will grow to a weeknd festival and will bring people in to the area from further afield. If you would like to help out on the day - please email me: media@visitnenagh.net

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

dm1388 wrote: »
    Hogan motorcycles out in gortlandroe, across from the gala shop I am fairly sure his name is Brian hogan

That's right. AKA Boo Boo Hogan. If you're still looking, PM me and I can give you his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sam27 wrote: »
    Anyone here can advise me on which mobile broadband provider is the best in Nenagh Town.

Three, Vodafone or O2?

Thanks

I'm on 3 works in town and all around the surrounding areas no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Does anyone know when Aldi are due to open in the Springford Retail Park? It can't be too far away now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know when Aldi are due to open in the Springford Retail Park? It can't be too far away now :)

I heard somewhere not to long ago that they'd already started interviewing and advertising the jobs, so I'd say it won't be long!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Whatever about Aldi opening, TWO businesses had Closing Down Sale notices on the front of this week's Guardian - Bergin Electrical (Nenagh Shopping Centre) and DJ Tyres (Dublin Road). :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

jprboy wrote: »
    Whatever about Aldi opening, TWO businesses had Closing Down Sale notices on the front of this week's Guardian - Bergin Electrical (Nenagh Shopping Centre) and DJ Tyres (Dublin Road). :(:(

Serious? How long has Bergin Electrical be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Serious? How long has Bergin Electrical be there?

Not sure but they've been in Nenagh for a good few years. Were previously on Mitchel Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Does anyone know if Aldi has opened its Nenagh store yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Aldi has opened its Nenagh store yet?
    I think its opening thursday week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Due to open at 9AM on Thursday 19th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Anyone visit the newly reopened Ormond (Butler) castle in Nenagh? I visited a couple of weeks back, would highly recommend it (Free in at the moment). Lovely to see the town from a height. They have restored it nicely.

bawn79 wrote: »
    Anyone visit the newly reopened Ormond (Butler) castle in Nenagh? I visited a couple of weeks back, would highly recommend it (Free in at the moment). Lovely to see the town from a height. They have restored it nicely.

Would like to see Nenagh from a height actually, must check it out.

In other news, has anybody been to Aldi this morning? What's it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Will definitely check out the castle

It was possible once to go up there, that's over 20 years ago now

Then they put in a barrier on the steps and that's the farthest I ever went as a young lad

Then they locked it up completely

So brilliant it's finally open again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Would like to see Nenagh from a height actually, must check it out.

In other news, has anybody been to Aldi this morning? What's it like?

My wife was up there earlier, It was manic busy ! meant to be much bigger then Lidl!

New lock-smith opening in Nenagh - near the lane for the dole office.

I visited the castle again last weekend - it seems to be attracting some tourists.

Would it be the council that look.after the castle? It's my sisters wedding in a few weeks and think it would make for a few nice pics :)

Would it be the council that look.after the castle? It's my sisters wedding in a few weeks and think it would make for a few nice pics :)

I hadnt thought of that, great idea, would make for some super photos.

OPW are in charge of it

Opening times are

from Town Council website

Nenagh Castle is open daily 10.00-16.30 last admission 15.45. Closed for lunch from 13.00-13.30 However the castle will be closed on the following dates: Friday 6th July, Monday 9th July, Monday 16th July, Friday 20th July, Monday 23rd July, Friday 27th July, Monday 30th July.

However I would really make sure of this because I thought I read that the opening times were different on the weekends, like 13 00 - 15 45

I think Ormond historical society have some involvement and I know they have a facebook page.

Cheers bawn, will look into that :)

It's my sisters wedding in a few weeks and think it would make for a few nice pics :)

Great idea

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Great idea

Cheers, so was telling her about it and she's gonna take it on board. It's a friend of hers doing the photography as a wedding present so there should be no hassle... beats the usual pics out by Ashley Park house (although the grounds out there were/are nice).

Have you considered the look-out on the road to Ballina for pics?

Garrykennedy is quiet nice for photos also.

Anyone ever get wedding pics around the old army barracks, they might look pretty unusual in a kinda "urban" way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Any jobs going around the area?

Any jobs going around the area?

Check the local guardian paper. There is also a group on facebook, nenagh job club I think. They announce local jobs, best of luck :)

The jobs bridge facebook site is actually quiet good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

Over 150 seats sold for the direct train to the match on sunday - less than 50 left

great to see it being supported

only €9.99 each way - fair value

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Iamhere

thinking of moving to Nenagh any thoughts on d best estates in the town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

Iamhere wrote: »
    thinking of moving to Nenagh any thoughts on d best estates in the town?

Millersbrook is gorgeous & very family friendly

• Advertisement

Would second millers brook, also coille bheithe and ard rua are also nice.

All are small bit from town centre but millers brook is right beside a filling station and tesco's.

Advertisement