Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tay's Study Log - 2014

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

OL Maths P1 - Woo, whole lotta sh*t.
    It wasn't ALL that terrible, since my brain finally clicked in the last hour. The graphs were tricky but I got them in the end, I'll discuss that later on.
    Cardboard question was sh*te, I re-wrote the formula and differentiated then left it :P
    Last question in the complex number was left too. I attempted it but it was still 100% wrong.
    The simultaneous equation question, I answered it wrong too.
    Hopefully it was only worth 5 marks.

The graphs...woo they were tricky.
    I picked D for the matching one.
    The opposite page was confusing at first but then I started doing the functions.
    E.g say f:x was x2-3x+x
    I entered all the numbers on the x axis into the function and got the y number. This way I could plot them :D So glad I thought of that!!
    The final question was rather odd. Is it me or did it seem like there was quite a few mistakes in the wording :/ I swear I answered the same question twice.

No rest day today, I'll be studying Biology, Maths P2 and French :P
    I can't take any chances.

Maths P2 work, I'll revise it again tomorrow and at 5am on Monday morning. All I need is a D3 pls.
    Biology - Kidney, Ecology, Growth regulators, breathing, hormones, the heart.
    Irish - An Lasair Choille and Gnathrud, also looked over my essay paragraphs. I'm relying on 1 and if it doesn't come up...well lol.
    French - Grammar, opinion pieces: Drinking, smoking, enviroment, benefits of a second language, economic crisis, racism, women in politics. It only took about 20 minutes since I know Drinking to economic crisis off by heart..I literally say it for fun now.

Last night I had a dream I was Macbeth, and I couldn't stop saying quotes...it was more of a nightmare now to think of it.
    I'm most likely going to have to rethink my whole CAO...but I'll wait till after Chemistry...my most dreaded exam.

Maths P2 and Irish essay today.
    I'll be up early tomorrow to cram some more maths.
    So I checked the answers for P1 and it brought me to laughter rather than tears. I need to get at least 115 marks in p2 to pass OL maths now.
    Hopefully I underestimated since I didn't take the attempt marks into account, but I'm screwed if I don't get at least 115 in paper 2.
    It's funny because I actually knew how to answer 3/4 of the paper, I shouldn't have been rushing lol. Yay for project maths -.-

Irish I need at least a C2, I'll most likely get a C3 but meh.
    As soon as all this is over I can go back to writing my stories and scripts!

Maths P2 - Well I thought it went okay, I could be wrong but it's too late to care now. I most likely never have to do another maths test :D Unless I fail maths of course lol.

Irish P1 - Good overall. I finished in the first hour and a half so I just sat there awkwardly.

Tonight: Cramming of Biology and Irish.
    I'll be up until 12pm, then I'll wake up at 3am to study more. Yes, I'm that desperate.
    I'm so glad it's all coming to an end. After tomorrow, I have French then I go back next Tuesday for Chemistry :D 5 full days of cramming!

Woo. What a long day!
    Irish P2 - Grand enough. Comprehensions were good, dis questions were so repetitive, but I still did what I could. I got confused on the last spailpin fanach question, I know meadaracht means metric from the essay we done in class on road safety but I wasn't sure of it in poetry form. So I put saorvearsaiocht and iomhanna laidir and included a bit about the English coming to Ireland :P
    The last part I did the extra poem, I nearly cried when I saw Fill Aris. It was so easy to bluff and make up, I can't say much for my spelling and grammar though. I can't seem to ever remember where the seimhiu goes.

Biology - Not the best, but ah well. Like Noah and The Whale sang, L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N :P

French tomorrow, hope the listening isn't too bad. Then I have 5 days to cram Chemistry and then it's all over!
    I envy all of you who finish tomorrow

French was good, a few errors here and there but a B2 still looks within my reach.
    I'll start revising for Chemistry tomorrow, hopefully I cover all that I can to get me a D3.

I'm finished! Oh freedom tastes so good! I have so much freedom that I don't know what to do with it all! I'm never taking it for granted again, oh it feels so good to be free!!!
    Chemistry - Hahaha I think I might get my D3 after all!

It was a long and tense 9 months but it's over, done!!! I can't believe I actually stuck with this study log throughout the whole year, hopefully it all pays off. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 kennydapro

Hi A7X, I was a thorough reader of your blog during the last month of sixth year.

Firstly, the extraordinary wisdom, humour and social commentary (along with the anticipation of X-Men: Days of Future Past) inspired me to work within the last three weeks of my exams and in between the days of the exams. I can't express my utmost gratitude and can only apologize for not returning the favour - you noticed that I created a study log of my own, but I am guilty of abandoning it. I studied and all, although I sacrificed everything - including the study log - for revision! Silly me.

Still, I can relate to you and say it's comforting to see you acknowledge your freedom and relief. I still have yet to overcome the relief of graduating and completing all those poxy exams, but hey.

And another thing, I noticed that your single motivation for Leaving Cert revision was to get out of secondary education. Personally, I'm delighted to have finished school myself (as I hated it), but I was wondering, for a studious person like yourself, if you have any career prospects?

And, another thing I liked in your blog. A while ago, I remember that you criticized a student for her rather condescending view on PLC's, in which you implied it was almost a stigma. Well, I can't express the extent to which I agree with you. Personally, as an aspiring student who wants to secure a position in a good degree, I would be determined to spend months, if not years, to work towards my place. My father knows A-students in third-level whose CAO offers were rejected on a year-by-year basis, A-students who recognize the significance of education (but most importantly, the standards of education too). That's why I'm determined to exceed in higher education - it's what I love, and, with enough preparation and motivation, something I'll work my ass of for when I get there. Maybe I can refer to your study log in the past for encouragement and, if you choose to have a college study log, that too!

But yeah, this post is lengthy and you're probably enjoying your freedom, so yeah! Again, I appreciate the time and effort you have dedicated towards your study log, as it has benefited many (including myself). Live long and prosper, with great power comes great responsibility...eh...w/e

Peace, and all the best in your future,

-Josh

kennydapro wrote: »
    Hi A7X, I was a thorough reader of your blog during the last month of sixth year.

Firstly, the extraordinary wisdom, humour and social commentary (along with the anticipation of X-Men: Days of Future Past) inspired me to work within the last three weeks of my exams and in between the days of the exams. I can't express my utmost gratitude and can only apologize for not returning the favour - you noticed that I created a study log of my own, but I am guilty of abandoning it. I studied and all, although I sacrificed everything - including the study log - for revision! Silly me.

Still, I can relate to you and say it's comforting to see you acknowledge your freedom and relief. I still have yet to overcome the relief of graduating and completing all those poxy exams, but hey.

And another thing, I noticed that your single motivation for Leaving Cert revision was to get out of secondary education. Personally, I'm delighted to have finished school myself (as I hated it), but I was wondering, for a studious person like yourself, if you have any career prospects?

And, another thing I liked in your blog. A while ago, I remember that you criticized a student for her rather condescending view on PLC's, in which you implied it was almost a stigma. Well, I can't express the extent to which I agree with you. Personally, as an aspiring student who wants to secure a position in a good degree, I would be determined to spend months, if not years, to work towards my place. My father knows A-students in third-level whose CAO offers were rejected on a year-by-year basis, A-students who recognize the significance of education (but most importantly, the standards of education too). That's why I'm determined to exceed in higher education - it's what I love, and, with enough preparation and motivation, something I'll work my ass of for when I get there. Maybe I can refer to your study log in the past for encouragement and, if you choose to have a college study log, that too!

But yeah, this post is lengthy and you're probably enjoying your freedom, so yeah! Again, I appreciate the time and effort you have dedicated towards your study log, as it has benefited many (including myself). Live long and prosper, with great power comes great responsibility...eh...w/e

Peace, and all the best in your future,

-Josh
    Oh God, apologies for the late reply, I didn't realise someone had wrote on this thread but I'm grateful that you took time out of your life to write me such a fantastic message. I'm really glad that someone appreciates this thread and hopefully it does inspire you to work hard and succeed with flying colours. I wish you all the best!
    P.S X-men was awesome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement