Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best easy to make breakfast?

Options
  • 03-05-2005 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭

Just tucking into croissants grilled with cheddar cheese, a pint of orange juice and a strawberry yougurt.

nyom.

How do you do yours?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Well.

Smoked samon, scrambled eggs, ballymaloe relish on toast is nice.

Alternatively, sausages, pudding, bacon, fried egg is incredibly easy and hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Breakfast of Champions in less than one minute -

Banana, apple, handful of cheerios, 2 dollops of natural yoghurt, milk, honey, some berries, spoonful of protein whey...
    Bang it all in a smoothie maker, blend for 40 seconds and drink....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

^ Keyzer i like your style :D

weemcd wrote:
    ^ Keyzer i like your style :D

I like your moves.....

wanna jazzercise?

• Advertisement

weemcd wrote:
    wanna jazzercise?

Jazzercise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Keyzer wrote:
    spoonful of protein whey...
    What exactly is this? Is somewhat synethetic or what? Might seem kinda stupid but just discussing it here and not sure what it is and where you buy it.

Mike breakfast is only livened up by the fact I mix cerials :D

weemcd wrote:

No thanks....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

mine is porridge done in the microwave with extra bran and a handful of sultanas. fills you up till lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

how exciting dearg..

Me, bowl or cereal.. toast.. orange juice.. more than enough.. then maybe a granny smith apple..

and yours is exciting?

you bollox

rofl.

Dearg...how'd you make it in the microwave without it spilling over; I hate standing there watching it through the grill but I fail to see an easier way.

Putting much less in is not an option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Get a bigger bowl?

Na see this is the thing. The way I was told to make it wouldn't work in a bowl...Porridge is apparantly ready when it begins to rise...hence you need a tall container.

If I used a bowl I'd end up with a lot of damp oatmeal.

Making it on the cooker isn't an option timewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

weemcd wrote:
    and yours is exciting?

you bollox

Here what the fúck man.. thats a bit harsh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Bri wrote:
    Porridge is apparantly ready when it begins to rise...

Porridge rises? News to me! - my damp oatmeal is lovely with currants stirred in. You sure that applies to all oats? I use the microwaveable ones that seem more 'fluffy' straight outa the packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I use odlums porridge and go by the directions - 1/3 cup oats + 2/3 water..But I use a measuring jug that has cup units on it...I give it 1.5 mins and it comes out just right - just like in the 3 bears!! :D

Right so it's probably my mistake...but I coulda sworn it said 2+ mins and that leads to explosions and washing up in the morning isn't good.

Might try this again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭windowgazer

Mine's chopped strawberries with 2 dessertspoons of allbran, 2 of sugar free museli and a splash of milk. washed down with fresh lemon juice in warm water. zing!

• Advertisement

Wha?!?! Lemon Juice...Do you need that much of a kick in the morning?

As above, still wondering what exactly a spoonful of protein whey is...is it something you buy in a jar and a supplement or am I missing something?

Bri, lemon juice helps kick-start the metabolism. I've lost 1/2 stone in the last 6 weeks from introducing it. Now I can't live without it!

Bri, lemon juice helps kick-start the metabolism. I've lost 1/2 stone in the last 6 weeks from introducing it. Now I can't live without it!

Isn't it as sour or bitter as bejaysis? dunno if I could handle that in the morning... Might whack some into me smooothie...

Very good didn't know that - I have the world's fast metabolism so I think I'll stay well clear :D

Keyzer: I'm still wondering what exactly protein whey is...is it something you buy in a jar and a supplement or am I missing something? I've asked twice and both times you answer something else! :eek:

Bri, It sound slike something you can get in a health food shop. Ask on the fitness forum, they know all about protein; they're protein junkies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

well I had spice burgers this morning, mmmmmmmm

Bri wrote:
    Very good didn't know that - I have the world's fast metabolism so I think I'll stay well clear :D

Keyzer: I'm still wondering what exactly protein whey is...is it something you buy in a jar and a supplement or am I missing something? I've asked twice and both times you answer something else! :eek:

Sorry man, I must be in Stevie Wonder mode...
    check this - http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/protein/whey-protein-supplements.htm

btw - im not a body builder...

Bri, It sound slike something you can get in a health food shop. Ask on the fitness forum, they know all about protein; they're protein junkies!
    Will do thanks - just sounds like a great, fast breakfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Lightly toast two pieces of bread (preferably Doorstep thick)
    Grill two rashers to your taste.
    Slice a tomato into four roughly quarter inch thick slices and fry lightly
    Fry an egg.

Place the rashers on the first piece of toast, layer on the tomatoes, smear on a generous helping of mayonaise, add the egg and final piece of toast.

Enjoy with a glass of cranberry juice and your hangover will be gone (or at least considerably improved) in half an hour.

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote:
    Sorry man, I must be in Stevie Wonder mode...
    check this - http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/protein/whey-protein-supplements.htm
    btw - im not a body builder...

No hassle - thanks!
    Coincidently it's now for sale here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2710364#post2710364

Out of interest why do you take it? Recommended to you or just looking for a way to thicken up the 'shake? :D

Advertisement