Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5 2015 release date

Options
  • 02-09-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

When would we realistically expect the N5 2015 to be released in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

If it exists and is going to be released this year, it will be available in Ireland the same date it is available everywhere else.
    It's most likely the very end of October or early November as that was the launch date of the previous phones.
    Nexus 5/First released
    October 31, 2013
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=nexus%205%20release%20date
    Nexus 4/First released
    November 13, 2012
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=nexus%204%20release%20date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Read today that they will be announced on the 29th of Sept :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Super excited for this phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Fluffy88 wrote: »
    If it exists and is going to be released this year, it will be available in Ireland the same date it is available everywhere else.
    It's most likely the very end of October or early November as that was the launch date of the previous phones.

Am I right in thinking you could not buy the Nexus 6 last year straight away on the Irish play store. You had to import it from England or Europe for crazy money? I think it wasn't available on the Irish play store for nearly 6 months after release. I could be wrong, need to find the Nexus 6 thread and read back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Am I right in thinking you could not buy the Nexus 6 last year straight away on the Irish play store. You had to import it from England or Europe for crazy money? I think it wasn't available on the Irish play store for nearly 6 months after release. I could be wrong, need to find the Nexus 6 thread and read back

I think you're right there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Zipppy wrote: »
    I think you're right there

Yep found this on the Nexus 6 thread. Can only hope it is different this year, Google can be unpredictable so it's hard to know?

Tomorrow the day? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 killilea92

Tomorrows the day :) its gunna be between this and the 1+2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

If this is any good will definitely be purchasing. Hopefully will be available in Ireland ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭biebiebie

I know that MP count isn't always a sign of a good camera, but the rumoured rear facing 12.3MP camera isounds a little disappointing to be honest. 8MP front facing camera is welcome though.

I'll be waiting on the sideline for the in depth reviews.

henke wrote:
    If this is any good will definitely be purchasing. Hopefully will be available in Ireland ASAP.

Better be...I need a new phone....now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭robo

I have been holding out for a new nexus for a while & am just dying to get a new one...hope that they don't hold back the sale of these in Ireland for too long!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

http://www.androidpolice.com/topics/news/

seems Ireland will be getting it very soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

Finally Ireland is getting it on launch day! Seems ridiculous it took this long with Dublin being their EU HQ

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

Any idea what time it will be available from?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,393 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Remember the days when a Nexus launch would have a 50 page thread. How times have changed.

Remember the days when a Nexus launch would have a 50 page thread. How times have changed.

2Gb of RAM has me thinking twice about the Nexus 5 , im swaying more to the nexus 6p now :( , it may still turn out to be a rumor but not looking likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Tbh I think their premium price and specs for the previous N6 is the cause of it. Their fan base was always decent specs for a decent price and you can tell they messed up, the amount of price slashes that yoke got was unreal the 64GB version went from €650 down to €500 I think, well in advance of the announment too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Anyone going to take a guess at what it's going to be in Euro? Presume 5X will be €399 and 6P €499 at minimum. Looking like the 6P is the one to go for in any case. Hard to be too excited when ya can pick up a G4 for €400 and an S6 edge for around €550 from eGlobal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭irishbuzz

Based on the rumoured US prices I'd by hopeful the 6p will be a little cheaper than that maybe 32GB ~€470 with 64GB €520 and the 128GB €590ish.

Show starts at 5pm Irish time. Hard to now how long after that the store will actually make the devices available.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 killilea92

T - 5.5hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

If there available for pre-order today I wonder how long after that we could expect shipping to happen. Probably go for the 32gb 5x.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

henke wrote: »
    If there available for pre-order today I wonder how long after that we could expect shipping to happen. Probably go for the 32gb 5x.

Wouldnt be more than 1-2 weeks I would expect. Marshmallow is rolling out Oct 5th so I would expect the new nexus devices to be in hands around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Anyone going to take a guess at what it's going to be in Euro? Presume 5X will be €399 and 6P €499 at minimum. Looking like the 6P is the one to go for in any case. Hard to be too excited when ya can pick up a G4 for €400 and an S6 edge for around €550 from eGlobal.

Looking like €479 for the Nexus 5 not cheap

Yep start at €479 ... Bit fecvkin expensive ...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Looking like €479 for the Nexus 5 not cheap

That's only the 16GB, the 32GB is €529. I probably wasn't going to buy one anyway but they could have at least tried to tempt me with the price. They're up on the Irish Google Play store for order.

https://store.google.com/product/nexus_5x
    https://store.google.com/product/nexus_6p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Those prices are a complete joke. €650 for the 6P??? It's $499, even allowing for tax and the usual screw EU currency conversion that's ridiculous. €500 or €550 at an absolute maximum would be an acceptable price. Can't see how they can justify that price. Not a chance I'd buy one for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

If the 6P is bought in the USA and brought back here will it work OK lads? There is only one version of the phone i.e. one bought here and one bought in the USA are exactly the same!?

Cheers,
    M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

The specs are ok but not amazing, 2gb ram is disappointingly IMO. My interest temporarily swung to the 5x over the past weeks from the moto x style but now I'm swinging back.

Advertisement