Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oneplus X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

Mine took 4 days…not sure why so quick as I went with the same shipping option as everyone else.

Absolutely loving it…but get that case on. It already nearly slipped off the couch!

• Moderators Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Biggest complaint i'd have to say is the loudspeaker. It ain't that loud. Im coming from a HTC One with dual front facing speakers, so that doesnt help, but it's a disappointing speaker. Putting calls on loudspeaker is a bit pointless.

Battery is much better now. Getting a pretty active day out of it, and plugging in at around 30%.

OxygenOS drops the 0 from phone numbers, so when I text someone on 0871234567 it shows as 871234567. When they text back it comes in as a new message thread. Slightly annoying.

Other than those 2, happy out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

OxygenOS drops the 0 from phone numbers, so when I text someone on 0871234567 it shows as 871234567. When they text back it comes in as a new message thread. Slightly annoying.

Was wondering why that happened!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Biggest complaint i'd have to say is the loudspeaker. It ain't that loud. Im coming from a HTC One with dual front facing speakers, so that doesnt help, but it's a disappointing speaker. Putting calls on loudspeaker is a bit pointless.

Battery is much better now. Getting a pretty active day out of it, and plugging in at around 30%.

Other than those 2, happy out.

The speaker thing will always be a drop coming from HTCs front facing speakers, im also coming from HTC

Zombienosh wrote: »
    The speaker thing will always be a drop coming from HTCs front facing speakers, im also coming from HTC

Snakey of them to put 2 speaker holes on the bottom of the phone, but only 1 houses a speaker..... the left one.

• Advertisement

Snakey of them to put 2 speaker holes on the bottom of the phone, but only 1 houses a speaker..... the left one.

Yup only for aesthetics, I also find the placement silly if I'm watching something side view my hands always block the speaker accidentally

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

WhatYaSay wrote: »
    Not sure if this is what you guys mean, but I find that if you pull down the notifications from the top of the screen and tap on the network icon it toggles the data on /off and the exclamation mark pops up to show the data blocked. At least I think that's whats happening, I was waiting for a whatsapp too and was getting nothing!

Initially that's what I thought had happened as well. So I tried to toggle it to on, but it was already on! So then I clicked the little downward facing triangle beside the network provider name and it also showed data was actually on.

So I toggled it on and off a few times, waiting a bit for it to try connect to the service each time, with no luck. Then as soon as I rebooted a slew of messages came in.

mrduffy17 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me approximately how long it'll take for the phone to be delivered once you've ordered it?

My first one was ordered on a Thursday, delivered the following Wednesday. Second one was ordered on a Friday and delivered the following Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Open sales for the next few days for black Friday, website just let me add one to my cart, I'll pay tomorrow when my wages come in

Any idea how to remove the Google Search bar from the home screen…it's wrecking my buzz!

• Advertisement

sadie06 wrote: »
    Any idea how to remove the Google Search bar from the home screen…it's wrecking my buzz!

Get a different launcher, there are lots of great ones to choose from

http://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-launcher-apps-222408/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

In using the Google experience launcher work a xposed module to get rid of it (along with some other tweaks)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭WhatYaSay

Is the GPS actually on when I have location on in the pull down menu? Was using Google maps today and it wouldn't pick me up, assuming it should have a blue dot in my live location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

will the ceramic ones be coming back in again soon? which is nicer?

WhatYaSay wrote: »
    Is the GPS actually on when I have location on in the pull down menu? Was using Google maps today and it wouldn't pick me up, assuming it should have a blue dot in my live location.

Get the GPS status app I the market, you can check with that to see if it's working and use it to reset GPS data

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

zweton wrote: »

The ceramic one isn't out yet, other than the 5 that are being auctioned for charity. Looks like India getting it next week though so shouldn't be too long now. As for which is better, most reviews have said it is hard to tell the difference, other than the ceramic being heavier, seems hard to justify the extra 100eur...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

was hoping they have discounts on their phones but seems like only accesories

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,106 ✭✭✭✭listermint

zweton wrote: »

Any reason you would get a ceramic phone when you are just going to put a cover over it anyway. Lets me honest about it :D

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Yup only for aesthetics, I also find the placement silly if I'm watching something side view my hands always block the speaker accidentally

Especially when charging. I tend to hold the phone with my pinky at the bottom, somewhat gripping the charger cable.... exactly where the speaker is.

5star02707 wrote: »
    was hoping they have discounts on their phones but seems like only accesories

Barely. €2 off here and there. Nah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Barely. €2 off here and there. Nah.

Yeah so you get your new cover for 11 euro instead of 13 and then it costs 6.90 to ship :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

one thing i find a bargain is the Charger but hey it;s out of stock haha.

dbrand.com have a 30% sale one. And they're now doing skins for the OnePlus x

https://dbrand.com/shop/oneplus-x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

I had a work conference and I used the phone to take some photos to add to a work related social platfrom. The images were brutal when I looked at them on my pc later, very soft. Its not a good camera at all. Also, oddly it only seems to give the option of a flash in video mode... It seems to try and use software to brighten photo mode. The flash setting option disappears in this mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Was just looking on the website there. Phone cost €269 and shipping is €25. Is there a cheaper alternative for shipping?

And are the covers on the website a good idea when buying?

Was just looking on the website there. Phone cost €269 and shipping is €25. Is there a cheaper alternative for shipping?

Nope, that's it, €24 shipping is the only option

I had a work conference and I used the phone to take some photos to add to a work related social platfrom. The images were brutal when I looked at them on my pc later, very soft. Its not a good camera at all. Also, oddly it only seems to give the option of a flash in video mode... It seems to try and use software to brighten photo mode. The flash setting option disappears in this mode.

I thought the same regarding the flash. There is a flash option but it disappears when beauty or hdr mode are on, you just need to unclick whichever button is clicked and the flash option reappears

I ordered another one on Thursday for my dad for Christmas. It left shenzen thus morning, they're getting quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

I'm stuck in between the Nexus 5x/6p and the One Plus x and One plus 2.

Anyone have any ideas? The Nexus seems to have better customer reviews

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭xtal191

NoelJ wrote: »

I'd have a Oneplus X over the 5X and 6P over the Oneplus 2. So all depends on how much you're happy to spend.

NoelJ wrote: »

Completely different price ranges. OPX is amazing for under €300, if you have the funds for a nexus6 or OP2 go for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

One last question. Do you have to get it delivered to parcel motel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

One last question. Do you have to get it delivered to parcel motel?

No need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

I signed up for a new account last Thursday night about 12, had my invite by Sunday evening order placed Monday morning, phone in my hands yesterday afternoon.

Coming from a cracked screen nexus 4 were I had to rotate the phone to do anything on it I'm loving the new phone, still do the rotating here and there lol.

Dropped it already thankfully no damage any ideas on a case that feels grippy in your hand? The gel case that came with it is as smooth as the phone, not good.

• Advertisement

sadie06 wrote: »

I went to Settings-Apps and just disabled the Google App. No other repercussions to disabling this as far as I can see. Any other bugs I mentioned previously were occurring before I disabled it.

user2011 wrote: »
    Dropped it already thankfully no damage any ideas on a case that feels grippy in your hand? The gel case that came with it is as smooth as the phone, not good.

Karbon case is decent, almost like a rubber feel to the finish so plenty of grip. It's pricey though with shipping etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Any update on the actual phone update? Anyone got it OTA? Reading reports on the oneplus forums that the update fixes the SDcard problem but creates others!

sebcity wrote: »
    I thought the same regarding the flash. There is a flash option but it disappears when beauty or hdr mode are on, you just need to unclick whichever button is clicked and the flash option reappears

Ill try that, I had a feeling something was blocking it, with those modes on it may explain the soft very processed look so possibly a case of my bad.
    Edit - thanks a mil that was it. The image quality is better also...thankfully I had my slr with me also for the important ones!

Its still not the best camera shooter I've used...

pedatron wrote: »
    Any update on the actual phone update? Anyone got it OTA? Reading reports on the oneplus forums that the update fixes the SDcard problem but creates others!

I installed the update via stock recovery mode an SD worked straight away. I haven't had any real issues since.

• Advertisement

Been trying to do the update with blu sparks twrp but no go has failed 3 times : (

Manzoor14 wrote: »
    Karbon case is decent, almost like a rubber feel to the finish so plenty of grip. It's pricey though with shipping etc!

Too expensive, tried other places but even more expensive ahhh!.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

Just interested to hear what people think of their Oneplus X's ?! I've had mine a week and so far would sum up as such:

Pros:

Feels nice in the hand and seems good quality.
    The notification button (on/off/priority) is very handy.
    Price: €300 for a 16gb phone is pretty decent I'd say.
    FM radio is very handy and something I use a lot-one of the reasons I bought it.
    Screen quality is very good imo.

Cons:

To my mind the on/off and volume control buttons should be the other way around. Just a small thing I'm sure I'll adjust to but it's a bit annoying.
    The sound quality from the speakers is adequate but nothing special at all.
    The battery seems adequate but nothing special.

I haven't really tested the camera out much but it seems about what I'd have expected from a phone in this price range. I had a Gen. 2 Moto G prior to this. The phone died after 6 months! Despite that I really loved it considering it was €180. It was a toss-up between the Gen.3 Moto G and the Oneplus X. There's no doubt the Oneplus feels a bit more premium but a bit of me is still regretting not getting the Moto G! Front-facing speakers and water-proof capacity being the obvious advantages from my view point.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭cgill

Ordered mine today, can't wait to get it. Thanks everyone on here for your opinions and sharing your experience with it, it was really useful in helping to make a decision!

cgill wrote: »
    Ordered mine today, can't wait to get it. Thanks everyone on here for your opinions and sharing your experience with it, it was really useful in helping to make a decision!

It's a great phone for the money, yeah it had/has a few issues but they will be ironed out with updates. I really don't think you can get a better phone for under €300

With regards to the update, a poll on the OPX forum suggests that is has been rolled out to less than 10% of owners.

I realise you can do it yourself but as I am in no rush I'll sit it out. My phone is working like a dream to be honest. I find the toggle thing a bit tricky to slide but that's about it.

I absolutely love the display.

I just got an OTA for the OS - it mentioned SD card related fixes.
    I don't have one at moment to tell if its cured any problems.

Oxygen version is 2.1.3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I just got an OTA for the OS - it mentioned SD card related fixes.
    I don't have one at moment to tell if its cured any problems.

Oxygen version is 2.1.3

That is interesting. There was a feeling on the forums that they'd stopped the rollout due to various issues but obviously not. I'm not using an SD card yet so I might hold off from the ota if I'm offered it.

Just got the update there, installing now

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭onform

Got the update also. Can move apps to the sd card now, can also see it under the Storage setting. Don't notice any other changes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement