Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X2

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

You're a geek.

:D

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

And what was wrong with posting this to the other X-men thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

Originally posted by bail
    if any of you agree that x-men 2 turned out to be seriously boring tell me cos it was really c*ap the trailer showed the only good scenes so if you are going to see it im telling you will be disappointed.

also colin myers of radio one said that the matrix is for a load of geeks well what movie was he watching it was the best movie of all time is any one else looking foward to the release of the matrix reload and also in november the matrix 3 is coming out.
    also check out the web site www.whatisthematrix.com and watch the trailer it looks seriously cool.

breathe man, breathe. Personally i thought X Men 2 ruled. The best kind of superhero movie..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Sorry, I cant find the spoiler button so...

Well in my opinion the film was shít.

There were, granted alot of very, very cool scenes

Like the Nightcrawler was amazing, magnetos escape was also excellent.

And Jean Grey/Phoenix was also superb.

But thats about where it ends.

The rest of the movie I couldnt help thinking - omg this is terrible.

They tried to tell the backstory of wolverines adamantium skeleton and also (as far as I can tell, I'm not sure) hint at the existence of phoenix.

These two should not have been put in together.

Wolverines story is amazing and should be focused on for an entire movie, the same can be said for phoenix but they shouldnt just be thrown in together hoping that people will understand and like it.

ALSO I had major problems with lady deathstrike but thats another story...

Basically, its a nice action movie, it doesnt really follow the story properly, but definitely better than the first.

I heard someone say its better than LoTR. I just laughed.

Draco: No spoiler button, just a spoiler tag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 joemcerlane

X-men was good but this was completely better not as much of the filler a lot more action

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭hells angels

hopefully goin to see it to-night or tomorrow..i actually thought the first one was pretty good but then again im easily pleased!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Tusky
    Sadly I didnt think it was a great film...i enjoyed it but all in all thought it was pretty bad...

The story was ALL over the place and was absolutely terrible..couldnt they come up with somthing a lil mroe intelligent/ exciting ? I also thought they tried fit FAR too many characters in which ment they all only got a tiny bit of screen time....and in turn ment we only see each of them using there powers once...

Yea some of the SFX's were cool and its a good leave your brain at the door but being such an a X-Men fan I would have liked the story to be a bit neater....and the whole film to be neater tbh, it felt messy...anywho ill go see it again and it may change my mind i guess..

That sums up my opinion of the movie entirely.

Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

saw it agin last night to see if I was fair to it the first time, I was though (I posted before and am too tired now to repeat my views- in essence I agree with tusky and Ivan). but I noticed that one of the files on the computer during the "hacking" bit was called omega red; for all you closet comic book nerds like me out there ;) I think hes slipping in all these titbits (gambit, etc) not as a taster for the next one but just for the sake of it (not that I'm complaining you understand; its just dont reasd into them too much)

gonna pick the first one up on dvd this week (traded my vhs copy for half a naggin of vodka, some supermacs coke and a pint; does anyone know if its on sale anywhere? (i.e not thirty squid, it was on sale in HMV a couple of months ago for 16 euros but I didnt have the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

If you buy X-Men 1'5 in HMV, you get another stickered dvd for €5. These include Minority Report, Predator and some other good flicks too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Went to see this yesterday. I'm not a fan of the comics and because of this I think I enjoyed it more than than those who are. Why do I say this because the person I went with is a fan and was bitching afterwards about various bits that shouldn't of happened so soon etc etc.

I thought it was a very good bit of escapism and a good storyline that held your attention for its duration and I am looking forward to the next film in this series. I just hope they can keep the current cast together and they all work well in their parts.

This has been added to my must buy on DVD list.

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

i saw it friday nite and thought it was shiit hot...........
    How come gambit wasn't in it??? i heard he was gonna be in it...not that it makes an odds, night crawler was done brilliantly imo....

and

what was that thing in the closing scene? Jean gray still battling the water? or was it james or whatever the name of that freaky fella in the wheelchair was?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭weemcd

it was the pheonix just like the comics and the show, the fire in her eyes and her increasing power lead to her becoming the pheonix and she will most definatley feature in future films. shes not dead.. yet

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

"If you buy X-Men 1'5 in HMV, you get another stickered dvd for €5. These include Minority Report, Predator and some other good flicks too." Ta bibleman; I'll check that out later on; I've got me a hankering for the first film now.

Advertisement