Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards.ie Survival and FTB

1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I played on that server infrequently. There's a good vibe, but most randoms for the team games want to group up on skype, suggest you have it open and ready to go if you're going for the team game.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Pompous

Count me in.

What is UHC? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Pompous wrote: »
    Count me in.

What is UHC? :D

It's a PVP game type, you spawn into a random seed and start with nothing. The main difficulty is that there's no natural health regeneration, you have to get potions or golden apples. And once you're dead, that's it, you're out!

I really like it, a game takes between 60-90 minutes usually if you survive to the end game. You basically go down caving, being really careful about mobs and fall damage, get geared up, and then go out and kill other guys!

There's a set time-limit, at the end of which you and the other survivors get teleported to a much smaller space for a final fight to the death.

Neato! I've PM'd Renegaider to see if he's interested. Will you tell Welchy if you see him?

Sounds pretty cool. Yeah I'll let Welchy know too.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

I can read, thank you very much :P

welchy wrote: »
    I can read, thank you very much :P

Well I typed it extra slowly just to be sure :D

Next week sometime? Wednesday night perhaps?

Sounds good

There's a new version of the launcher available to download on the minecraft reddit, it's pretty good, you don't get that white screen anymore and it launches more than twice as fast for me. There's other benefits too, like you don't need to have java installed or updated anymore.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/2p31cu/we_need_your_help_testing_a_new_launcher/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

no more Java? am i dreaming? \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

It's a PVP game type, you spawn into a random seed and start with nothing. The main difficulty is that there's no natural health regeneration, you have to get potions or golden apples. And once you're dead, that's it, you're out!

I really like it, a game takes between 60-90 minutes usually if you survive to the end game. You basically go down caving, being really careful about mobs and fall damage, get geared up, and then go out and kill other guys!

There's a set time-limit, at the end of which you and the other survivors get teleported to a much smaller space for a final fight to the death.

Neato! I've PM'd Renegaider to see if he's interested. Will you tell Welchy if you see him?
    I have played on the UHC server before, it's good fun. Was on last night. Played a 90 minute game, teams of 3. I played with two random people. We had a good start, next to a desert village. Then went caving. Found enough gold for our 6 apples. Got all geared up with iron armour and diamond swords and an enchanting table. Headed to the nether and saw another team of three. We managed to kill all three of the other team without one of us dying. With the three of them dead we got three player heads which you can craft into notch apples. This give you back 4 hearts instead of the usual 2. We made it to 89 minute mark and were just getting ready to teleport to the final meet up area when a creeper killed one of our team. The remaining two were then beamed and made it to the last two teams. We killed one of the other guys before both of us were killed.

Splinter wrote: »
    no more Java? am i dreaming? \o/
    Java is still needed, Mojang (or Microsoft) just bundle it now with the launcher and use it instead of any other version on your computer. It allows them to have minecraft use a 64-bit version of Java on a 64-bit PC even if the user hasn't installed the 64-bit version.
    The initial download is much larger, but still under 100M.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

mindstorms wrote: »
    Java is still needed, Mojang (or Microsoft) just bundle it now with the launcher and use it instead of any other version on your computer. It allows them to have minecraft use a 64-bit version of Java on a 64-bit PC even if the user hasn't installed the 64-bit version.
    The initial download is much larger, but still under 100M.
    ah poop :( my problems with not having a 64 bit machine continue so :(

Afraid I must cry off from the UHC game tomorrow. Work night out :(

welchy wrote: »
    Afraid I must cry off from the UHC game tomorrow. Work night out :(

No worries brah. Thursday night or Sunday afternoon work? I can't do Friday or Saturday. After that I'm on my holidays so I can do it any day. My connection is still horsesh*t so I'm only really going to be able to play outside the hours of 6pm to 10ish

Anybody here try to play Super Hostile maps? I downloaded infernal skies II yesterday, great fun. I get terrible block lag though, I don't really understand why.

Edit - Did a little research, it might help if I played with an older version than 1.7.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Anybody here try to play Super Hostile maps? I downloaded infernal skies II yesterday, great fun. I get terrible block lag though, I don't really understand why.

Edit - Did a little research, it might help if I played with an older version than 1.7.5

The Vechs series? Used to play them a few years ago,the CTM ones. Can be very tough but in a good way.Are they still making new maps? Cant remember what versions of minecraft i used but the maps i played were a long time ago

Used to enjoy them a lot but kinda got boring soloing just because there so large.

yeah, just tried it with 1.5.2 and it seemed to be fine.

EoinHef wrote: »
    The Vechs series? Used to play them a few years ago,the CTM ones. Can be very tough but in a good way.Are they still making new maps? Cant remember what versions of minecraft i used but the maps i played were a long time ago

Used to enjoy them a lot but kinda got boring soloing just because there so large.

Yeah the Vechs series, I think he stopped making maps for a long time but is currently making one, I'm not certain though. I'm fairly addicted to it at the moment, do you remember which other ones you liked?
    mindstorms wrote: »
    yeah, just tried it with 1.5.2 and it seemed to be fine.

Yeah it works totally fine with 1.7.2 even, 1.7.5 or afterwards is the problem!

Yeah the Vechs series, I think he stopped making maps for a long time but is currently making one, I'm not certain though. I'm fairly addicted to it at the moment, do you remember which other ones you liked?

Off the top of my head Sunburn Island,Canopy Carnage and one was called cave something. Think it may have been Magic Cave. Out of the three i most enjoyed Sunburn Island

Thanks Eoin, I'll try one of them next!

I did it :D

332649.png

• Advertisement

Thanks Eoin, I'll try one of them next!

I did it!

Ha ha fair play man,they take a fair bit of patience and graft to do. Good feeling getting one finished though.

You have made me want to go back and play one now:)

Day 17. Finally finished.

332670.jpg

I can use it to go from 27 to 50 exp in 5 minutes :)

Holy...crap. GG Pomp.

Now eh....What exactly am I looking at? I see it's a Guardian crusher? What's all the dirt, furnaces and redstone for? And why do you kill them in the nether?

I had to make two layers of dirt, one to place the fence gates on, and another to place the dispensers under. The dirt is gone now.

The redstone and dispensers (not furnaces :p) are completely unnecessary, I just added it because I wanted to be able to turn the spawning on/off.

There's a layer of water at the top (that comes out of dispensers). This spawns guardians, which fall through the fence gates onto the flowing water. They then get funnelled into the nether where I poison them and kill them all at once with a splash damage potion. I hold a looting 3 sword when they die to get more drops.

The reason I funnel them into the nether is that there is a limit to how many will spawn in the overworld. If I send them to the nether then the overworld will keep spawning them until I turn the water off. I left it running for 10 minutes and there was 600 guardians in the nether. If I didn't send them to the nether I would get about 30 guardians no matter how long I leave it running.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

I helped! :D

Happy Christmas y'all! Been a great year :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Merry Christmas Dark! :)

Wish someone gave me a Sponge for christmas, but its not yet complete... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

My brother gave me a foam minecraft pick axe. I'm not sure what to do with it...

Rachel_Ann wrote: »
    My brother gave me a foam minecraft pick axe. I'm not sure what to do with it...

Start punching trees I suppose :confused:

The new 1.8.2 pre-releases are really buggy, don't install them at all.

• Advertisement

Does the 1.7.10 server still exist? Tried to log in today for nostalgia's sake, can't seem to get on or access the dynamap. All good if it was taken down or something :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

There was no 1.7.10 server. There was a 1.7.2 server that worked with clients up to 1.7.5, I do not recall it being taken down but its been a while.

Solitaire wrote: »
    There was no 1.7.10 server. There was a 1.7.2 server that worked with clients up to 1.7.5, I do not recall it being taken down but its been a while.

Ohh, I guess I just got my versions confused :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Is Survival being upgraded, though? I tried to connect and it told me 1.7.10 was required. With 1.7.10 it seems to be there but it sits on "Logging in..." forever.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Loved the Realm, thanks for the 3 months! While I'm here, could I get an invite to the new one too? xD

My name's Leoplureodon

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement