Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PiP Implants support thread - Irish petition in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

kyra123 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing Chip, it s good they found it. Can i ask did you have an ultrasound or MRI? And can I ask where you got your scan? I hope they get you sorted soon.

Hi Kyra,

Thanks, had ultrasound, will show up any abnormalities. Dont go to the expense of an mri UNTIL advised , there should be no need. Had it in <snip>
    Radiologist more than fantastic. very open and answered all questions.

Good luck, u have it done yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 coh123

Hi girls haven't been posting much but reading all ur stories! I really need to thank you all as I don't feel alone anymore, my husband has been great but not like the support from all in here! We will all get this sorted! It's amazing in here the amount of information being passed is really good!
    Thanks again ladies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭kyra123

chip1234 wrote: »
    Hi Kyra,

Thanks, had ultrasound, will show up any abnormalities. Dont go to the expense of an mri UNTIL advised , there should be no need. Had it in <snip>
    Radiologist more than fantastic. very open and answered all questions.

Good luck, u have it done yet?

Hi Chip,

Thanks for the above.
    Your so calm honestly fair play to you, it's not easy in this situation in general. Your post kept me calm last night honestly.

I had an ultrasound but they found rippling in the implants themselves so a surgeon I saw (different clinic to myown <snip>) and the radiologist both have recommended a MRI. But I honestly don't have the money so am holding back until I see someone in <snip> and save up a bit.

Does anyone else feel like they get told different things every time you see a professional to do with this?

The governmnet really need to cop on and get some guidelines in place in for PIP patients and actually enforce them. Me for one I just feel like i'm just going around in circles.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/removal-and-replacement-of-pip-breast-implants-in/

Here is the link to our petition. We need about 1000 signatures for it to get attention. Please pass it on. For any one that has no problem with it please put it up on your facebook, twitter and blogs. You can sign it but your name will not appear on the page (it will be held though so when it is printed to be handed up to the government, also it will ask for your e mail address but this is only so they can send you a conformation mail, your info will not be passed on. There is a blog also to put up your own stories if you want

It called the removal and replacement of PIP implants in irish women.

Hope that s ok boards people to put this up.

Does anyone know if we need permission to set up a face book page for ourselves also.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭saulite

Hi girlies. I really hope you ok today ! Just wanted to let you know I had my operation yest in <snip> as I had complications I didn't want to leave any longer ,I was so sick of worries that I didnt sleep for days and wanted to find out if Im ok asap, I wud suggest you to do MRI as ultrasound scan is not safe ,wasn't for me anyway !!!I will have to do one in month time anyway ..
    I was very happy with choosing <snip> they were so caring and nice to me and made me feel good and calm during my stay .. <snip>,<snip> great girls .. I was also very happy with my surgeon <snip> he was great and very proffessional , he explained me and answered to all the questions and concerns I had before surgery ,also nurses are so caring , we are their priority they put us first , they were really busy yest with PIP patients, my operation was scheduled for 1.30pm, but happened only 5.30pm ... They rang me just few minutes ago to just make sure I am ok. It just gives you that safe feeling if you know they care , I know its their way to make money , but if you get back quality and proffessionalism then it worth every penny !!
    I wish you all the best with making your decissions and if thr is anyth I can do for you let me know ! I will say a prayer !!

The only thing is left to worry for me now is how to pay my friends back :(

• Advertisement

Hi girls, i have my scan wednesday im expecting the worst as i have 2 lumps in both breasts what feels like an air bubble there very small the doctor agreed with me it feels like an air bubble he said its not normal so ill let ye no how i get along but i dont think its going to be good news ive no pain or any other sympthems and im waiting for my medical records from <snip> as there closed down my solister is dealing with them i was told i might be waiting 3 weeks i had to borrow the money for my scan and ive no idea where i can get 3500 from to fix them as im on social wellfare and my family has told me they cant help me as they dont have the money so im scared of whats going to happen ive never felt more alone in my life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sue103

saulite wrote: »
    Hi girlies. I really hope you ok today ! Just wanted to let you know I had my operation yest in <snip> as I had complications I didn't want to leave any longer ,I was so sick of worries that I didnt sleep for days and wanted to find out if Im ok asap, I wud suggest you to do MRI as ultrasound scan is not safe ,wasn't for me anyway !!!I will have to do one in month time anyway ..
    I was very happy with choosing <snip> they were so caring and nice to me and made me feel good and calm during my stay .. <snip>, <snip> great girls .. I was also very happy with my surgeon <snip> he was great and very proffessional , he explained me and answered to all the questions and concerns I had before surgery ,also nurses are so caring , we are their priority they put us first , they were really busy yest with PIP patients, my operation was scheduled for 1.30pm, but happened only 5.30pm ... They rang me just few minutes ago to just make sure I am ok. It just gives you that safe feeling if you know they care , I know its their way to make money , but if you get back quality and proffessionalism then it worth every penny !!
    I wish you all the best with making your decissions and if thr is anyth I can do for you let me know ! I will say a prayer !!

The only thing is left to worry for me now is how to pay my friends back :(

Delighted you are over the worst of it Saulite. I had my ultrasound and it came up clear thank god, went for my consultation in <snip> and they were wonderful, I am booked in for next month to have them replaced, it's good to know that everything went ok for you, mind yourself

Hi girls, i have my scan wednesday im expecting the worst as i have 2 lumps in both breasts what feels like an air bubble there very small the doctor agreed with me it feels like an air bubble he said its not normal so ill let ye no how i get along but i dont think its going to be good news ive no pain or any other sympthems and im waiting for my medical records from shandon street as there closed down my solister is dealing with them i was told i might be waiting 3 weeks i had to borrow the money for my scan and ive no idea where i can get 3500 from to fix them as im on social wellfare and my family has told me they cant help me as they dont have the money so im scared of whats going to happen ive never felt more alone in my life

Awww I am sooo feeling for you !! Please don't worry ,you are not alone, I keep thinking of woman who are pregnant or breast feeding and small children that they are the ones who are more worried and stuck with those PIP implants and cant make decission right now !!!:(
    First try to relax your mind , you still dont have scan results and maybe you don't have PIP . Did you recieve an email or letter from IMB ? as far as I was told the air bubbles are not dangerous , please wait for your scan and if you are on social scan will cost you much cheaper and you also can seek help from Legal aid or Avril from Lavelle coleman is very good she is not charging a penny . You can also ask where cud you seek for finance help . i know some clinics have their finance plan you pay deposit and then 1000 euro before surgery and then rest of the money during 12month period ! I had my operation yest as I was told after scan that I have some fluid in left breast , that was scary , but I tried to not to think of worst ! please stay strong you will need a lot of energy !! good luck with evrth and you can always talk to girls on this board they are so helpfull !!

Awww I am sooo feeling for you !! Please don't worry ,you are not alone, I keep thinking of woman who are pregnant or breast feeding and small children that they are the ones who are more worried and stuck with those PIP implants and cant make decission right now !!!:(
    First try to relax your mind , you still dont have scan results and maybe you don't have PIP . Did you recieve an email or letter from IMB ? as far as I was told the air bubbles are not dangerous , please wait for your scan and if you are on social scan will cost you much cheaper and you also can seek help from Legal aid or Avril from Lavelle coleman is very good she is not charging a penny . You can also ask where cud you seek for finance help . i know some clinics have their finance plan you pay deposit and then 1000 euro before surgery and then rest of the money during 12month period ! I had my operation yest as I was told after scan that I have some fluid in left breast , that was scary , but I tried to not to think of worst ! please stay strong you will need a lot of energy !! good luck with evrth and you can always talk to girls on this board they are so helpfull !!

Thanks hun ive went to my solister they are not charging me a penny eather they have been very helpful and supportive they are getting my medical records i have my implants 7 years never had a problem with them but i did always have a what feels like a air bubble i was never worried as i tought it was normal and i paid 7000 at the time so tought i got the best its only the last few weeks i got another one in my other breast i was told air bubbles are common in the 1st few weeks to the op but should go away and have no problems after that ive been reading a lot about it and it could be the fold of silacone im feeling but again thats only really common in sailen implants which i dont have my heads a mess right no its all i can think of, the girls on boards have been great keeping me sain i suppose ill find out wednesday whats wrong with me, did u no yourself about the fluid or was it a shock to find out how many years did u have them ? i think the cheapest option for me would be the 3500 in <snip> as since i no longer have a job i could not get finance on them and i dont even no who dose finance on them its a nightmear i just want to be healthy, thank you for your advice and i hope u r ok xxx

sue103 wrote: »
    Delighted you are over the worst of it Saulite. I had my ultrasound and it came up clear thank god, went for my consultation in <snip> and they were wonderful, I am booked in for next month to have them replaced, it's good to know that everything went ok for you, mind yourself

Thankyou so much !! Its good to know that your scan is ok . They are so good in <snip>, i can only suggest anyone ... Good luck with evrth !!:)

• Advertisement

Hi girls,

Have just gotten word that if we can get some serious numbers on this petition we can get some media coverage and high light this issue with support.

Please get this on face book, twitter, ask family, friends, boyfriends, husband to sign,

Your name can be hidden from public vew, you will be asked to give an e mail address just so they can check your not spam, your address with also be hidden from public vew and the e mail is a once off, your address will not go to a third party as long as you tick the box.

I am trying to drum up media attention to this so please help any way you can. I have a widgit if any one would like to put it on their blog, this would be a direct link to the petition.

Please sign if you can
    the link is as

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/removal-and-replacement-of-pip-breast-implants-in/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=button follows

Hi girls,

Have just gotten word that if we can get some serious numbers on this petition we can get some media coverage and high light this issue with support.

Please get this on face book, twitter, ask family, friends, boyfriends, husband to sign,

Your name can be hidden from public vew, you will be asked to give an e mail address just so they can check your not spam, your address with also be hidden from public vew and the e mail is a once off, your address will not go to a third party as long as you tick the box.

I am trying to drum up media attention to this so please help any way you can. I have a widgit if any one would like to put it on their blog, this would be a direct link to the petition.

Please sign if you can
    the link is as

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/removal-and-replacement-of-pip-breast-implants-in/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=button follows
    x
    Excellent thank u ive just done it there i will get all my friends to do it aswell, lets do this girls lets get as mush attention as possible xx

• Registered Users Posts: 12 021tanya

Thanks so much Kyra for organiseing this petition,,, fair play to ya ,, I am not good with computing and I can imagine it took a lot to do..I would like to thank u for taking the time.. I will get as many signatures as possible... Girls!!! Ye are my rock at the moment xx

Thanks hun ive went to my solister they are not charging me a penny eather they have been very helpful and supportive they are getting my medical records i have my implants 7 years never had a problem with them but i did always have a what feels like a air bubble i was never worried as i tought it was normal and i paid 7000 at the time so tought i got the best its only the last few weeks i got another one in my other breast i was told air bubbles are common in the 1st few weeks to the op but should go away and have no problems after that ive been reading a lot about it and it could be the fold of silacone im feeling but again thats only really common in sailen implants which i dont have my heads a mess right no its all i can think of, the girls on boards have been great keeping me sain i suppose ill find out wednesday whats wrong with me, did u no yourself about the fluid or was it a shock to find out how many years did u have them ? i think the cheapest option for me would be the 3500 in <snip> as since i no longer have a job i could not get finance on them and i dont even no who dose finance on them its a nightmear i just want to be healthy, thank you for your advice and i hope u r ok xxx

Sorry for late reply just fell asleep as I am exchausted after surgery !!
    They found the fluid after scan but after my surgery doctor said my implants weren't ruptured but very bad quality and they gave me loadz of hassle i could feel them moving often in my breasts .. The best result is with MRI.
    I had them done on 2007 with <snip>.
    It is a very hard time for all of us I still cant believe how can somebody do this ...
    Good luck to you and I really hope you will be ok soon.Stay strong. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saranna

Great to hear ur over ur op and hopefully on the road to recovery:)) My surgeon is certain my are intact by the soreness and from my what my gp thinks has me thinking different,have to see what ultrasound shows,going to try raise the funds to have them out,can't have this hanging over me:/

chip1234 wrote: »
    Hi,

wasnt expecting the news.. but now i have no choice but remove. I did ring <snip> after. they were very supportive and said i would be seen quickly..
    I just cant beleive this is happening.
    Thanks for your response too. Theres no one to talk to . Just this great ^life line .
    xx

Hi , don't think of worst, they said the same thing to me and I was crying for days and had my operation done on friday , I was so sick of worries .. I got them out on friday and they weren't ruptured !! You can only check with MRI if thr is rupture , ultrascan gives you 60% .
    I hope all goes well for you xx

:)Hi girls,

the petition is set up as you all know link below
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/removal-and-replacement-of-pip-breast-implants-in/

Also just this morning (i'm wrecked by the way) a facebook page has been set up.
    it's called
    removal of toxic pip implants in Irish women Search under communities

my friend who is in the media made a suggestion to me about face book.
    Some people dont want to link their facebook page to the above
    ( I Totally understand!) so maybe get one of your friends who would not mind to pass it around first,

Does anyone have or know anyone with a blog that could put the links up on?

Thanks girls, am wrecked so off to get a cupa tea!;)
    If we can get more people on the petition and face book page then more women with feel more confident with signing the pages.

I will be contacting the media about the pages next week inorder to get a lot more hits!

Is anyone a computer wizz out there who would like to help with the pages (please message me) I am rubbish at these sorts of things

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Saranna

:)Hi girls,

the petition is set up as you all know link below

Also just this morning (i'm wrecked by the way) a facebook page has been set up.
    it's called
    removal of toxic pip implants in Irish women

my friend who is in the media made a suggestion to me about face book.
    Some people dont want to link their facebook page to the above
    ( I Totally understand!) so maybe get one of your friends who would not mind to pass it around first,

Does anyone have or know anyone with a blog that could put the links up on?

Thanks girls, am wrecked so off to get a cupa tea!;)
    If we can get more people on the petition and face book page then more women with feel more confident with signing the pages.

I will be contacting the media about the pages next week inorder to get a lot more hits!

Is anyone a computer wizz out there who would like to help with the pages (please message me) I am rubbish at these sorts of things
    If we go in and input our names and email does it show on the signatures part?alot of my friends and family don't know,I want to keep it private?thanks for starting this ball rolling:))

They found the fluid after scan but after my surgery doctor said my implants weren't ruptured but very bad quality and they gave me loadz of hassle i could feel them moving often in my breasts .. The best result is with MRI.
    I had them done on 2007 with <snip>
    It is a very hard time for all of us I still cant believe how can somebody do this ...

Hope u r ok i can still remember the way i felt after my surgery u done the right thing and i hope to god u will be ok now, ill let u no how i get on wednesday after my scan im trying to stay strong till then xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

kyra123, We've changed the thread title to reflect what the thread has become and also to advertise the petition, We've also edited the first post to include the info on and link to the petition.

For anyone who wants to, you can go into your User CP and add (hit quote my post to get the full link you should post)

[URL="http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/removal-and-replacement-of-pip-breast-implants-in/?
    utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=button"]PiP Petition - Ireland[/URL]

to your signature and you will be advertising the petition whenever/wherever you post on the site.

All the best ladies. :cool:

• Advertisement

Saranna wrote: »
    If we go in and input our names and email does it show on the signatures part?

Hi Saranna

No you do not have to put your name on the signature you can sign anomymous, that is what your signature will read. Your e mail address is only used to send back a mail to you to make sure one your not spam and two make sure you asked to sign the petition.
    If you make sure to tick the box that says not to give your details to a third party then they will not be passed on

Your e mail address will NOT be on public view

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lickle mushroom

021tanya wrote: »
    Hey ladies,
    I would just like to say thanks a million for sharing all info,as it seems this is all we have!! As I have said in earlier pages I had implants 2005 in <snip> who have since closed their doors... I have been nearly obsessed with 'boards' the last week but at the same time ignoring the fact that it might be me but yesterday I have finally started the process of finding out... I rang lavelle Coleman and she advised to be gettin them out ASAP, while on the phone to her I missed a call from imb and when I returned the call I was told that they are pretty sure <snip> were not using pip until after 2007( relief)... Then picked up echo( local paper ) and u can imagine my shock when I read a headline about a ladie who had implants 2006 in <snip> and they have recently ruptured... Jesus I wish we could get some straight answers... I so angry that imb are giving out wrong info!!!! I have delivered a letter requesting my files, to <snip> today, seemingly they still collect their post, and it will take about 3 weeks before I find out, 3WEEKS, what a joke...
    Hi Tanya & Concerned PIP
    I'm in the same situation as you. I had my op in <snip> in April 2005. I actually posted on here a few weeks ago with a bit of an emotional rant but I've buried my head in the sand ever since and I'm only starting to deal with it now!
    I have been to my GP since and he told me to keep an eye on the Irish Medicines Board website for updates on the issue. He said that he would trust them to provide the correct information. He also mentioned that the general consensus among those in the medical profession is that the French authorities are being - quote "O.T.T. over the issue". He gave me a breast exam and said he thought that everything felt intact and that he didn't see any need for an ultrasound; that there was no cause to worry as there was no evidence of rupture. I left his surgery with a (false?) sense of relief on the day.
    However, In the last few days I'm starting to question my GP's advice. Why should I wait until there is an actual rupture to worry? I possibly have 2 pockets of low grade industrial (and possibly carcinogenic) material lurking in my body like ticking time bombs.
    I'm just about to write a letter to <snip> address to request my medical records and to have written confirmation on whether I have PIP's or not (even though from everything I've heard chances are that I do). Looks like I'll be waiting 3 weeks like you so Tanya. Let's keep in touch and keep each other updated. Thanks too to all the girls on here. It's great to feel like we're not alone. I'm going to sign that petition and circulate it immediately too Kyra. Great work. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 12 021tanya

Thanks for gettin in touch.. There r not enough women from <snip> on 'boards' we have to stick together as we are in a much worse situation than most of the other ladies because <snip> has closed!!! There is no one to remove or replace ours even if they have ruptured....xx

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mumoftwo.

http://www.rossillon.org/images/lifetime-guarantee.pdf
    i also have eurosilicone implants and am worried after reading poppygals post, but found the above link.
    I am left wondering why <snip> no longer use these implants????

"Implants produced by Eurosilicone, are CE marked, Class III medical devices and meet all standards specific to breast implants in Europe. However, they are not FDA approved for implantation in the United States. The only breast implants Currently approved in the US are made by Allergan and Mentor."

I had them done on 2007 with <snip>.

Hi Saulite,

I glad your operation is over and your getting some rest. Just try to sleep and rest up. Don't worry I'm doing my best that they don't get away with doing this to any of us. Take care of yourself:)

021tanya wrote: »
    Thanks for gettin in touch.. There r not enough women from <snip> on 'boards' we have to stick together as we are in a much worse situation than most of the other ladies because <snip> has closed!!! There is no one to remove or replace ours even if they have ruptured....xx

Hi Girls thats exactly it where do we go for replace or remove we have no hospital and no one is telling us anything ive my solister dealing with it now but its all a waiting game like i said ive to lumps in my chest one in each breast like for all the world air bubble or something ive my scan wed and im expecting the worst i got mine in <snip> in 2005 aswell i cant remember the doctor and i dont no what implant i have the IMB told me <snip> used pip since 2007 but she said ill need to check my solister is after sending a letter so its a waiting game ive never been more stressed in my life i no longer have a normal life im sick with worry and since i have 2 lumps in my chest im convinced i have a rupshur and i dont have my <snip> to talk to so who is going to deal with us ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 guzno4

Hi i am new on here, i am going for my scan in <snip> on thursday and to be quite honest with ye all i am hoping for a leak or rupture report, my reason is my first question to the surgeon before i had my op in 2005 in <snip> was " how long will my implants last" and i was told, and please anyone else that had them done in <snip> correct me, was " nothing would ever happen them, unless a real bad car accident, and that they were a lifetime thing" and went for my so called talk with the surgeon last week, which was a waste of time he never examined me or nothing, just for him to tell me, "oh no all implants have to be changed after ten years", complete and utter lier, so i think mine are ok just by the look and feel of them but i don't want to have to pay to get something changed in 3 years time that i was originally told was a lifetime product. They are going to get away with murder for their mistake of buying cheap products and we are all going to pay for it

I can only imagine what you are going through girls, i knew mine were french when this news first broke and panic set through me, I wanted them out straight away, luckily mine were eurosilicone.....but girls keep fighting don't let them away with it, you should have them out and replaced for free, this is their negligence not yours. best of luck x

http://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumThread/141287944/Default.aspx

Another thread on the toxic pip implants. hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Funnyfakename

I have been following this thread for the last while and I am wondering where Kyra 123 has gone as I wanted to PM her about PIP implants. It says she is banned, how do we get her back?

Is she in boards prison, should I bake a virtual cake with a file in it so she break out? Is there a boards.ie parole hearing we can all attend? She seems to be quite pivitol (sp?) in making this issue high profile, we need her back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement