Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astec Alarm - Error 61 - Battery

124»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes or manuals.
    You need to clear the fault before exiting engineer.
    You could disconnect the sab and delete it from the system using command 73.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alfredoBEE

This thread is golden. I just did my astec 63 battery. Thanks guys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭dam099

I am getting the Error 61 code on my Astec alarm. My understanding of this thread is I need to change the battery and feel I will be able to follow the instructions earlier to do so.

I also had two alarm activations before this error message appeared, the first while the system wasn't even armed and one while it was. Before I go down the DIY battery route though would these activations be connected to the battery issue or am I going to need an engineer anyway?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Would need to see what the activations are?
    If they are related to power devices then it could be related.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Would need to see what the activations are?
    If they are related to power devices then it could be related.

Replaced the battery which cleared that fault but still getting activation's, doesn't seem to be power related in the panel messages.

Memory 01 - Activation last night while part set, no apparent opening of zone 2 contacts (some windows and doors) but maybe a faulty sensor?

Memory 02 & 03 - Random activation this evening.

Memory 04 - Probably me as I removed and reseated lid on control box in case that was the issue

I also noticed when viewing the logs the date was a day out (probably due to the leap year but not sure how this could cause an issue)?

The memory log is also missing an activation from yesterday a few hours after I replaced the battery.

• Advertisement

Tamper lid is the control panel lid. Check this is closed 100%
    Taper SAB is the external bell box. Make sure its securely on its base.

Zone 1 entry is a common one probably a faulty sensor or contact on that zone.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Tamper lid is the control panel lid. Check this is closed 100%
    Taper SAB is the external bell box. Make sure its securely on its base.

Zone 1 entry is a common one probably a faulty sensor or contact on that zone.

Thanks, the lid could definitely have been me when I changed the battery.

The bell box is on a second story wall so not accessible without a ladder but I'll see if I can borrow one and check it out.

What's the odds though that I get a dodgy sensor, bell box movement and battery all going around the same time or am I just unlucky (system is about 14 years old)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,762 ✭✭✭✭altor

dam099 wrote: »
    Thanks, the lid could definitely have been me when I changed the battery.

The bell box is on a second story wall so not accessible without a ladder but I'll see if I can borrow one and check it out.

What's the odds though that I get a dodgy sensor, bell box movement and battery all going around the same time or am I just unlucky (system is about 14 years old)?

Stranger things have happened :D

Also check for loose connections as moving the PCB in the control panel may have loosened something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 radkowski92

Hi everyone after I changed the battery in my astec 49 alarm I got the error 77 call engineer. How I can clean this code ?

Hi everyone after I changed the battery in my astec 49 alarm I got the error 77 call engineer. How I can clean this code ?

Command 77 is the service interval.
    Only way to clear it is to go in and out of engineer mode.
    The system should operate normally regardless of this been on the system.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Command 77 is the service interval.
    Only way to clear it is to go in and out of engineer mode.
    The system should operate normally regardless of this been on the system.

How I can go to engineer mode

Mod note.

There is very old thread. It might be best to open a new one. The rules have changed since.

We can't give out engineer codes

Also please don't report posts to try to get an answer, that is not what the report post function is for.

How I can go to engineer mode ? Understand need to engineer code which should be a 4711 if not change, Can I see that the code has not been changed ?

If the service internal has been enabled Id suspect the engineer lock is also.

altor wrote: »
    If the service internal has been enabled Id suspect the engineer lock is also.

however, I need to call an engineer but will he be able to unlock because the astec alarm is very old.

Thanks for your help

however, I need to call an engineer but will he be able to unlock because the astec alarm is very old.

Thanks for your help

Yes if engineer locked you would need an engineer to unlock and set it back up for you.
    Dont forget to get the engineer code.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I've a 'Memory 01' fault coming in every 5 or 6 days sporadically. The battery is probably due to be changed but I can't see anything else that would be causing it? Any ideas?

If a down power/ dower up with a new battery does not solve the issue its the memory chip on the board.

Not a good sign

Advertisement